If I could offer anything to everyone here..

MissDiva

Reaction score
At least, to those who are outraged/shocked/saddened/sickened, I do want to say a few things.

I'm not trying to turn this into something about myself by any means, but my family has some experience with supposed lack of justice.

In October of 1978, my aunt and godmother, who was 41 weeks pregnant at the time, was abducted from her night-shift job at a convenience store and shot several times. Her body was found in a clearing next to a parkway in the early hours of the next morning. The baby girl, who would have been my first cousin, was also dead.

Despite a lot of hard work by the police at the time, her killer was never found and brought to justice. My grandma, her mother, was suicidal for quite a while, and to this day....well, it's hard for her to talk about it.

No one will forget my aunt or her unborn baby. Everyone loved her. She's my guardian angel, as I've been told since I was much younger. I still remember and miss her.

In the beginning, I wanted to find the killer and kill him myself. I couldn't believe that God would let something like this happen. But over time I've realized that we can't see God's will. We can't see what's going to happen. Karma may not happen instantly, but it does happen.

A man who later confessed to the crime, but was never charged with it, ended up dying in jail for committing another crime. I believe it was only 10 years or so later. We have no idea if he was the one or not, but the case was never reopened. Has justice been served? I don't know. Can I control or do ANYTHING about it? NO. It is in God and fate's hands now.

What I DO know is that I've been blessed with a wonderful life, an incredibly family, loving friends, darling animals, a good job, and good health.

Caylee's murderer will pay for the crime. I promise you that. But in the meantime, don't focus so much on this and lose yourself to hatred and end up ignoring that which is important in your own life.

Caylee is with her Father now.

If you have kids, hug them and be thankful they're here. If you have pets, give them an extra long walk, a snuggle, or a treat. Tell someone you love but may be fighting with them that it's not worth it to hold on to anger.

Give thanks for the good you have in your own life right now.

Ok, stepping off my soapbox now.

Oh, one thing to add. My grandma is a spitfire. She is the rock in our family (well, her and my mom), and she adores her family. She didn't let the most horrible tragedy that could ever happen to anyone take her life away. She shows us every day how much she loves us, and I'm so glad she didn't let the crime take her own life away.

Thank you. I will and am. I just wish for Caylee to be in sweet peace, on top of this. I wish i knew for sure. I will go hug my boys again now though.

You are so right Miss Diva. So so right. And I thank you tremendously for sharing your story.

I posted this in another thread but feel it may have a place here:

This case has impassioned me so much and I believe now the career path I am going to pursue is one in which finds justice for missing, murdered, and abused children. Helpless children with no voice. This case has changed my life and the fact of the matter is, is that there are hundreds of thousands of missing children who's deaths go unavenged and are swept under the rug.

And I will also raise my son and future children with good morals and values and show them all the love I can muster. I will teach them to be good and instill in them not to lie. Above all else do not lie to me. I will promise them that no matter what they have done if they tell me the truth I will not get mad at them. Possibly disappointed but proud that they are telling the truth.

I will be right by there side as they go through life and the moments children like Caylee will never experience.

This is how I will get justice for Caylee in my own heart and I am determined.

So let's all do what we can to make sure that Caylee gets her justice in our own ways. Keep her memory alive in the way we love and the way we laugh. Never forget how lucky we are to walk the earth and experience it's greatness.

Thank you for letting me share

You are so right Miss Diva. So so right. And I thank you tremendously for sharing your story.

I posted this in another thread but feel it may have a place here:

This case has impassioned me so much and I believe now the career path I am going to pursue is one in which finds justice for missing, murdered, and abused children. Helpless children with no voice. This case has changed my life and the fact of the matter is, is that there are hundreds of thousands of missing children who's deaths go unavenged and are swept under the rug.

And I will also raise my son and future children with good morals and values and show them all the love I can muster. I will teach them to be good and instill in them not to lie. Above all else do not lie to me. I will promise them that no matter what they have done if they tell me the truth I will not get mad at them. Possibly disappointed but proud that they are telling the truth.

I will be right by there side as they go through life and the moments children like Caylee will never experience.

This is how I will get justice for Caylee in my own heart and I am determined.

So let's all do what we can to make sure that Caylee gets her justice in our own ways. Keep her memory alive in the way we love and the way we laugh. Never forget how lucky we are to walk the earth and experience it's greatness.

Thank you for letting me share

Thank you, and I COMPLETELY agree. While Caylee was a beautiful, sweet child, she was one child, and there are so many out there that could really use even half the attention that this one child has gotten everyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back