Frustrating again

Fluffy Puppy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You know, it is really frustrating to be a (long time) member of a crime forum and not be able to get to it at the big times. like today. This is where I want to be, and I couldn't get in.

And this is not the first time it has happened It happens EVERY time there is big news.

I missed it all here today, and it wasn't for the lack of desire or trying to get in. Sigh.

I am here often, and I really enjoy posting with my fellow WSers, but then I get shut out because the temporary crowds show up. I wish you all would reconsider allowing members only at a time like that, otherwise members are subject to being left out in the cold.

I wish that being a member was more valued than temporary crowds in the big moments. I remember in years past when you would go 'members only' if necessary for traffic.

Very frustrated here too. It is now 9:26pm CST and I am still having problems with getting in. Not even sure this post will go through....

I wonder, when the heavy traffic comes as described in the OP is there a way to go members only? or perhaps find some way to have the server prepared? The huge numbers were expected throughout both the trial and when a verdict broke.

Respectfully, I found it incredibly frustrating not to be able to get here today for other cases. Maybe we can split servers have one server handle the Anthony case stuff and another for all the rest of the just as important cases at WS? I dunno, I just hope there is a way WS can avoid this in the future. I keep thinking about Club Penguin, ( the disney site for kids) which has numerous servers so if one is full members have numerous other servers to choose from in order to navigate the site. Ok, I realize WS is no where near as big as Disney, lol, but I do wonder if there is some way to have more than one server to handle heavy loads here at WS. I don't know the technical stuff like that and like does, so just some suggestions.

I am still having problems too. I keep getting error page stating Internet Explorer cannot display webpage. Sometimes I refresh that page and can finally see the website. I tried to start a new thread on this subject but could not post it. Guess I will try again tommorrow.

Trying again, I did a message and apparently it went away. Anyway, now it's after 1:30 in the morning and every time I try to change a page, the connection resets, and I have to click on "try again." It works, but I'll sure be glad when the server recuperates.

Last night on the radio show, they said that someone had hacked into the site and that's why we had so many problems yesterday. I've been having general computer problems since I joined Websleuths, it seems. Is anyone else having problems, like a slow computer? Jerkiness? Typing appearing on delay? Wondering if the hacker infected us?

Yes, I too had a heck of a time staying logged in yesterday, I just gave up.

I was not having any problems with sites outside of Websleuths. Everything else was moving quickly, including some of the gaming sites which take much more to upload than WS.

I hope WS wasn't hacked and that was just a rumor. I'm not able to listen to the radio shows.

It wasn't a hacking into anyone's computers or anything like that. It was a server issue that will not affect anyone's computers or information or anything of the kind.

I couldn't get on last night 7/7, very late in the evening. Server too busy, or whatever. Not "whatever," I suppose, because I could get on other sites.

Didn't know where to put this, but I have noticed the last couple of weeks that I get a pop up screen from WS. No it is not pms, as I am not getting any of those. My browser fortunately blocks it, but alerts me about it.

Just thought someone should know, since I read about someone else having this problem downstairs.

Is the home page margins blown? It's huge on my computer. Threads are okay, it's just the home page. Thanks ! xoxo

eta It's been that way for a few days or more.

Is the home page margins blown? It's huge on my computer. Threads are okay, it's just the home page. Thanks ! xoxo

Thanks for posting this. It has been this way for 3 days! Keep hoping it will fix itself. Wish someone would address these issues. Should we post these questions somewhere else on the board? Thanks

Same here.

I pm'd this morning. I'm sure he'll get this fixed soon everyone!

I sure hope so. Thanks for sending a message about this.

Mine too! I think perhaps it has something to do with that giant message at the top...I would be nice if it could be a bit smaller..it takes up half of my screen

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back