Did sequestration have an effect on the verdict?

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
Did sequestration have an effect on the verdict? Did a couple of jurors say that Casey wasn't guilty, and the rest just wanted to go home, so they went along with it? Did knowing that they would be back into their own beds, with their families and their TV and Internet as soon as they reached a verdict cause them to rush?

I believe this 100%. I think it is the only explanation. They wanted to go home.

No, I don't.

I think they (collectively) chose to believe the child drowned in the pool vs. Casey intentionally killing Caylee.

It's possible a couple of jurors may have eventually been swayed from guilty to not guilty, but I don't think it had anything to do with sequestration.

Did sequestration have an effect on the verdict? Did a couple of jurors say that Casey wasn't guilty, and the rest just wanted to go home, so they went along with it? Did knowing that they would be back into their own beds, with their families and their TV and Internet as soon as they reached a verdict cause them to rush?

I put this thought in another post and it really wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened.

No, I don't.

I think they (collectively) chose to believe the child drowned in the pool vs. Casey intentionally killing Caylee.

It's possible a couple of jurors may have eventually been swayed from guilty to not guilty, but I don't think it had anything to do with sequestration.

I have to agree with you. GA was not a good witness for the State. All the A's lied on the stand at one point or another. I think the picture of the sliding glass door had a lot to do with it. It truly does not look right and I would love to see the original but I'm guessing we will never see it.

Clearly the jury knows their decision would not be welcomed by Orlando and their lack of willing to give an interview is disturbing. Why not just give a statement that the jury felt the State did not prove it's case beyond a reasonable doubt. I think the A's provided reasonable doubt. I think the City of Orlando deserved to know why after all the work done by the State they did not take another look at the State's evidence. jmo

It kind of reminds me of how students tend to slack off towards the end of the school year because they just want school to be over with. I know it's not the same thing, but I know how I would always just not care anymore by the time the last 2 weeks came about every year, and I wonder if the same thing happened here. :(

Was the jury aware that they were estimating 2-3 weeks for the penalty phase if she were found guilty of 1st?

YES! I also truly believe that those jurors WERE discussing this case amongst themselves all this time outside the deliberation room.

Yes, I believe this is why they came back with a not guilty verdict so soon. They wanted to go home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back