Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Verdict Proves My Theory

Thumbs down This Verdict Proves My Theory

I don't care if this is controversial or not, but my long held theory is that it is nearly impossible for an attractive, young female to be found guilty of a heinous crime, let alone sentenced to death for it. They receive the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. There are people who still think Darlie Routier is innocent despite the evidence to the contrary. They just cannot imagine the pretty little thing sitting on death row. And now it's happened with Casey Anthony, it appears. The jury just couldn't imagine a pretty little girl, with tears in her big brown eyes, committing such a heinous crime, let alone subsequently being killed for the crime. It's a brutal double standard. If you are a pretty, young female, you can get away with most anything. And even if you are convicted, you will get a much lighter sentence than someone else would.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

2. The Following 143 Users Say Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

4Jacy, 4realtho, 8paws, affinity, angelmom, AnotherGladysKravitz, azwriter, bananarama, bayouland, belleyes, BetteDavisEyes, Bobbisangel, Boytwnmom, Brassband, Bree0372, BrittMontero, Broderick, BuzzieCat, Calliboo, Carolina Girl, CarolinaWoman, Celeste, charok, Chiquita71, Chris_Texas, coco puff, ColdDayIn, com n sense, Cowboy Fan, Cross Creek, crucibelle, cuppy199, cyberborg, cynsational, dani, Dells, Donjeta, Doodlelover, Dragonlady, E's mommy, EgyptNug, EmMomma, essies, evelyn24, ExpectingUnicorns, GetSmart, gitana1, GuardianAngel, harleysnana, HatesSociopaths, heartfortruth, Heebie Jeebie, hockeymom, hpvdr, Jeanie, jen&jonhart, Jolynna, Justin Tyme, kaki, kaRN, Kateyes, KathrynL, kathyn2, KenoshaKid, kimmera, Krisy, kyrasmummy, leophoenix, leslie1960, Lexiintoronto, littebudot, lonetraveler, lowens1975, LyndyLoo, MagicRose99, magnolia, Maia, Mamabear1963, Mendara, mikeysmommom, miss plum, mollymil23, mombomb, MsMacGyver, Mystic, MyTinkieGirl, Nefriahaia, nerdy, nerdyglam, Neurotripsy, Nikki 01, NocturnalLady, norcat, Nova, noZme, nssherlock, PalmettoGirl, pghbrandi, pieceomyheart, pipkins, porcelain, Quiche, Rapunzel, redkatrampant, rice09, Ricki, roller26, SaltyTexan, sarah7855, Schu7, senza, shana, Silkprint, Sleuth5, Sooner Fan#1, SpringTxMom, Stella5, stilettos, strawberry, sunsetbeach, surini59, suzyq211, TakeNote, tfrohning, The Eunice Burns, theBritster, Thinaire, Thinker Belle, toriebabe, TorisMom003, tragco, travelgal, Tricksy, Tulessa, wandering, Wendy101, Whaleshark, whisperOFwings, Wysteria, x_files, Yellow Rose, You'reKidding,Right?, ~n/t~

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I don't care if this is controversial or not, but my long held theory is that it is nearly impossible for an attractive, young female to be found guilty of a heinous crime, let alone sentenced to death for it. They receive the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. There are people who still think Darlie Routier is innocent despite the evidence to the contrary. They just cannot imagine the pretty little thing sitting on death row. And now it's happened with Casey Anthony, it appears. The jury just couldn't imagine a pretty little girl, with tears in her big brown eyes, committing such a heinous crime, let alone subsequently being killed for the crime. It's a brutal double standard. If you are a pretty, young female, you can get away with most anything. And even if you are convicted, you will get a much lighter sentence than someone else would.
    Debra Lafave-child rapist.

Sadly, I think you are right.

especially if she is white.

casey anthony on 7/16/08.

pretty much everything i post is my opinion only

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    DK I said the same exact thing to my husband this afternoon!! I think you are right.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to curiositycat For This Useful Post:

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    THis proves my theory that the end is near! The world has gone mad!

**sorry, probably OT but I had to put it somewhere!**
    "When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

a co-worker made the comment at the beginning of this trial she would get off because when a pretty white woman cries she will be found innocent (by the way she is black I am white) I argued with her that this has nothing to do with race but I think now she is right...

This is true. Maybe I should not judge that is not my job, but I have to say, pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside. Can't people see the difference? Now we have a young pretty girl going free, who will most likely continue on the same past as before and bring devastation and misery to others.
    I have said it before, Caylee may have not gotten justice on earth, but she will get it in the future and for KC, if she doesn't see the Light( and I know you know what I mean} she will be answering to the One that does have the right to judge. Peace
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    ó C.S. Lewis

Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....
    I think you could very well be on to something there! Personally, I for one will NEVER buy or read a single book put out by the jurors in this case, the DUHfense team, Casey herself or the Anthony's. In my opinion those books would be so skewed the wrong way I wouldn't want to waste my time with them. I will ONLY read whatever JP, the prosecution team or the police detectives (like Yuri [sigh] Melich) writes!!

I said this same exact thing to my helper in my home today. I said if she had been black or mexican or a man, she would have gotten the DP but because she is a pretty young white woman she gets off. Its really sickening.

And it isn't just that they wouldn't put her to death...they wouldn't convict her of ANY felony.

NO, that never crossed my mind.

I know that it is an unpopular belief....but honestly, she was an attractive girl in the pics...but she became more and more ugly as the trial went on. Did they not see her malevolence? I mean, honestly....what kind of people could honestly, honestly review the scientific evidence and circumstantial evidence presented and find in such a way? I truly question their intellect...respectfully..MOO

Yes. I said the same sort of thing in another thread. If they voted her guilty, we'd all feel satisfied, but we're not necessarily curious about their story because we'd have felt they done their job. But voting not guilty means everyone wants to hear from them because everyone wants to know why. It's so much more sensational.

I think eventually some will claim they thought she was guilty but were bullied into voting NG like some Michael Jackson juries eventually claimed. They can really milk a NG verdict in the media.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:

she isnt even pretty. I will condense the rest of my opinions into this <modsnip>

To answer the original question, I think the fact that she is a woman definitely played into it. People just don't want to believe a mother could do this. I've seen far too many people say maybe it was an accident even though it defies common sense.

Did her looks play into it? I don't know because I thought she was very unattractive sitting there in court.

What about Karla Faye Tucker? She was pretty and she was executed! I think and hope the jury just thought there was reasonable doubt.
    "Every case is a high profile one for me...that's why I examine the head in every case!"

Dr. Werner Spitz

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:

I think she might have also used a charm or had charisma...

If it would of been a creepy looking lady or a male, I bet they would of been found guilty.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Princezna8 For This Useful Post:

I, too, said the same exact thing to my husband, mother, grandmother and everyone who would listen to me.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColdDayIn For This Useful Post:

Karla Holmolka...and they had her committing crimes ON TAPE. She was convicted but didn't serve all that long. She also played the "abuse" card.

Good points ...

I am SORRY to say this ... but 12 MORE PEOPLE ... plus 5 ALTERNATE JURORS =

17 MORE PEOPLE TO PROFIT OFF OF THE MURDER OF CAYLEE !

SICK ... ABSOLUTELY SICK ...

MOO MOO MOO

29. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

That has crossed my mind numerous times today!

And I totally agree with the OP... sadly you are right.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stella5 For This Useful Post:

I am in agreement with your theory.

(I apologize for not having noticed this thread earlier. A bit ago, I started one asking about whether any sleuthers thought KC's attractiveness, gender or youth had anything to do with the juror's verdict. Sorry about that.)

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deedeeknowit For This Useful Post:

I found her extremely unattractive during the trial-- she was dressed shabbily, unkempt and wrinkly, she had a dour scowling face most of the time, and when she cried her nose ran so much it caused me to gag. If anything, they must have seen "potential" beauty, because she sure wasn't pulling that image down in front of them. mo

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast