This Verdict Proves My Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
I don't care if this is controversial or not, but my long held theory is that it is nearly impossible for an attractive, young female to be found guilty of a heinous crime, let alone sentenced to death for it. They receive the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. There are people who still think Darlie Routier is innocent despite the evidence to the contrary. They just cannot imagine the pretty little thing sitting on death row. And now it's happened with Casey Anthony, it appears. The jury just couldn't imagine a pretty little girl, with tears in her big brown eyes, committing such a heinous crime, let alone subsequently being killed for the crime. It's a brutal double standard. If you are a pretty, young female, you can get away with most anything. And even if you are convicted, you will get a much lighter sentence than someone else would. :sick:

I don't care if this is controversial or not, but my long held theory is that it is nearly impossible for an attractive, young female to be found guilty of a heinous crime, let alone sentenced to death for it. They receive the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. There are people who still think Darlie Routier is innocent despite the evidence to the contrary. They just cannot imagine the pretty little thing sitting on death row. And now it's happened with Casey Anthony, it appears. The jury just couldn't imagine a pretty little girl, with tears in her big brown eyes, committing such a heinous crime, let alone subsequently being killed for the crime. It's a brutal double standard. If you are a pretty, young female, you can get away with most anything. And even if you are convicted, you will get a much lighter sentence than someone else would. :sick:

Debra Lafave-child rapist.

THis proves my theory that the end is near! The world has gone mad!

**sorry, probably OT but I had to put it somewhere!**

a co-worker made the comment at the beginning of this trial she would get off because when a pretty white woman cries she will be found innocent (by the way she is black I am white) I argued with her that this has nothing to do with race but I think now she is right...

This is true. Maybe I should not judge that is not my job, but I have to say, pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside. Can't people see the difference? Now we have a young pretty girl going free, who will most likely continue on the same past as before and bring devastation and misery to others.
I have said it before, Caylee may have not gotten justice on earth, but she will get it in the future and for KC, if she doesn't see the Light( and I know you know what I mean} she will be answering to the One that does have the right to judge. Peace

Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....

Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....

I think you could very well be on to something there! Personally, I for one will NEVER buy or read a single book put out by the jurors in this case, the DUHfense team, Casey herself or the Anthony's. In my opinion those books would be so skewed the wrong way I wouldn't want to waste my time with them. I will ONLY read whatever JP, the prosecution team or the police detectives (like Yuri [sigh] Melich) writes!!

I said this same exact thing to my helper in my home today. I said if she had been black or mexican or a man, she would have gotten the DP but because she is a pretty young white woman she gets off. Its really sickening.

And it isn't just that they wouldn't put her to death...they wouldn't convict her of ANY felony.

NO, that never crossed my mind.

I know that it is an unpopular belief....but honestly, she was an attractive girl in the pics...but she became more and more ugly as the trial went on. Did they not see her malevolence? I mean, honestly....what kind of people could honestly, honestly review the scientific evidence and circumstantial evidence presented and find in such a way? I truly question their intellect...respectfully..MOO

Yes. I said the same sort of thing in another thread. If they voted her guilty, we'd all feel satisfied, but we're not necessarily curious about their story because we'd have felt they done their job. But voting not guilty means everyone wants to hear from them because everyone wants to know why. It's so much more sensational.

I think eventually some will claim they thought she was guilty but were bullied into voting NG like some Michael Jackson juries eventually claimed. They can really milk a NG verdict in the media.

she isnt even pretty. I will condense the rest of my opinions into this <modsnip>

To answer the original question, I think the fact that she is a woman definitely played into it. People just don't want to believe a mother could do this. I've seen far too many people say maybe it was an accident even though it defies common sense.

Did her looks play into it? I don't know because I thought she was very unattractive sitting there in court.

What about Karla Faye Tucker? She was pretty and she was executed! I think and hope the jury just thought there was reasonable doubt.

I think she might have also used a charm or had charisma...

If it would of been a creepy looking lady or a male, I bet they would of been found guilty.

I, too, said the same exact thing to my husband, mother, grandmother and everyone who would listen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain