Any suggestions for constructive things to do ....

susan1122

Reaction score
Hi....my first thread. Hope I do this OK.

Any suggestions for constructive things to do with the sadness and anger that justice was not served. I exercised and am going out to the garden, but I want to help in the long run. Not just help deal with my disgust right now. But try to help other people. Try to help with the big picture.

Are there any online places to volunteer in helping with missing or abused children? I can't drive right now for health reasons, but I want to do something to feel like I am contributing and helping make a little less injustice in this world.

What do you guys do?

I am struggling with that right now. My heart just aches for that child. I am trying to find comfort in the fact that she is in heaven and does not ever have to suffer in the hands of that sociopathic monster that gave birth to her.

I think volunteering to help with missing and abused children is a wonderful idea. It would be great if SOMETHING positive comes out of this, no matter how small.

Right here on Websleuths you CAN help

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16"]Missing!! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Several years ago, I volunteered for a crisisline/suicide hotline. It's meaningful work. If anyone is interested, I would suggest contact your local United Way chapter.

I was so extremely wrapped up in Caylee's case, and so extremely heartbroken by the outcome that I don't think I can do this again... its torturous...

I started looking once jury selection started. Unfortunately, my answer appeared a little too close to home.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142747"]GA GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I really, seriously want this to spurn some sort of change to our jury system. My brain is grinding and I assure you if I come up with a plan, I will take action. Caylee's killer may walk free and party another day - but perhaps that can serve to bring bigger changes.

This system is BROKEN and it needs to be FIXED. Obviously this isn't anything I'm going to pursue via Websleuths as it is my own business - but I am going to find a way to affect some sort of change some way some how. Unlike the jury, I will act and think and take the hard road because there HAS to be people still willing to do this.

So I guess my constructive thing to do is to let it sink in: but act. Get involved. Our faith is shaken but whatever you believe in - do it with all your heart so that the apathy shown by the jurors in this case will be the exception and not the rule.

A wonderful thing, if you can do it, is to become a foster parent. The difference you could make in a child's life could be life changing.

Another option could be to volunteer at a children's emergency shelter, if you have one locally. For example, there's a shelter in my area that uses volunteers for tutoring, rocking infants, bedtime routines (brushing kids' teeth and reading them stories), has volunteers bring in cakes for birthdays, etc. Shelters like this often have lengthy background checks (this particular shelter takes a few months, I think). But that's necessary to protect the children from any volunteers who may have ill motives.

Yet another option, perhaps you could gather and make donations to a shelter? Call or look online to see what a local shelter could use. I would guess toys, clothes, personal hygiene and grooming supplies, school supplies, etc. would always be in demand.

Hope this helps.

This case could use some scrutiny and more public exposure. Esp considering it includes an unidentified child victim.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=445"]Long Island Serial Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We can petition to change our judicial system in some way to prevent this from ever happening again. We can raise awareness about missing/dead children. We can collectively e-mail blast news stations for the smaller cases that get no mention because the people are not as attractive, not as sensational, not the right age, sex, or race. We can do this all in Caylee's name so her death will have not been in vain.

First thing, like Vinnie P. says - Hug your babies, hug your kids.

I became a Foster Mom 3 years ago and although sometimes it's really hard, my last experience was the most satisfying and rewarding.

April is Child Abuse awareness month. Hanging a Blue ribbon on your mailbox or door would be a great tribute.

contact Big Brothers Big Sisters. It is VERY doable to become the sister to a child for once or twice a week and make a HUGE difference. Less intimidating maybe than fostering, yet with HUGE impact. For Caylee!! May her memory inspire us always.

pray that whatever happened in Orlando today is NOT repeated in Hickory NC or Logan Ohio

Justice for Zahra Baker

Justice for Summer Inman

We can petition to change our judicial system in some way to prevent this from ever happening again. We can raise awareness about missing/dead children. We can collectively e-mail blast news stations for the smaller cases that get no mention because the people are not as attractive, not as sensational, not the right age, sex, or race. We can do this all in Caylee's name so her death will have not been in vain.
That's the spirit!

Several years ago, my sister worked a grocery store just down the street from our house. A last minute schedule change meant she was home on a day that she would normally be working. On that day, her co-worker's ex-boy friend stormed the store and took the woman hostage with a shotgun. He held her for hours while the police and a SWAT team waited outside, trying to negotiate with him. The woman, terrified, eventually attempted to flee and the man gunned her down as she ran through the store. I could go into more details, but it was horrible...

It was on the news a little, but not a lot. The store reopened quickly. To me, it seemed as if little was ever said about the case. Certainly not enough. And it bothers me to this day that it wasn't a bigger deal. I think a lot of cases are like that. Maybe there's something we can do. At least, I'd like to try.

BTW- that man was sentenced to death

find a charity/organization dedicated to children that you find reputable and good, and donate to them. help encourage others to, for example maybe in your siggie here, reminding people that every little bit helps and if we all chip in a little bit, we can raise a whole lot. i am looking into charities to support. i am not at a place in my life where i can volunteer my time, so i'd like to at least donate even a small amount.

Some nice ideas in this thread. We are all too shocked and dismayed to do much today. We've also been terribly let down by the justice system in the past, which has affected our family to this day...

So just for today, we will put on the porch light for Caylee. We also bought purple balloons that we'll let go this evening.

Keeping it simple for now.

Thanks for this thread. I have to work tonight and am struggling not to puke or cry. I've followed many other unsolved cases here, and I guess I'll go back to doing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back