1517 users online (387 members and 1130 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Did the Jurors Discuss This Case During Trial Against Judge's Orders?

Voters
718. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

669 93.18%
  • No

49 6.82%

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Did Jurors Talk About Case during Trial Against Judge's Orders?

The alternate juror that called into a tv show today kept using terms like 'we' 'they' 'them' 'our' while discussing why the jury voted this way. This alternate had not seen the regular jurors since their vote was revealed when he said these things. To my knowledge the alternates were separated today and the main jurors went back to hotel on the bus w/o alternates.

From all he said (he made statements like 'from the beginning of the trial we felt....

Is there any way to let the judge know this and have the jurors questioned whether they were talking during the trial or not? Could he call a mistrial? I don't like the sounds of what this jury was saying and doing. Very unintelligent jury. I don't think they looked at the State's evidence at all.
    Last edited by kathyn2; 07-05-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
    The alternate juror that called into a tv show today kept using terms like 'we' 'they' 'them' 'our' while discussing while the jury voted this way. This alternate had not seen the regular jurors since their vote was revealed when he said these things. To my knowledge the alternates were separated today and the main jurors went back to hotel on the bus w/o alternates.

From all he said (he made states like 'from the beginning of the trial we felt....

Is there any way to let the judge know this and have the jurors questioned whether they were talking during the trial or not? Could he call a mistrial?
    It seems as though they did..even earlier when asking to see the sticker...because "they" wanted to....hmmm....I am sure that HHJP is aware of the media coverage of the alternate...IDK about a mistrial..pretty sure it's a done deal.

Too late for a mistrial. It would have meant jury nullification if they had know and could have proved it during the trial.

This guy could have just been attributing his own thoughts to that of the entire jury since they came to the verdict he agreed with. That would explain the pronouns, imoo.

The judge can't call a mistrial now, but this definitely needs to be investigated and the jurors punished if they did not follow his admonition.

I'd like to see this as a poll. Yes, I think they did.

The judge SHOULD have questioned that request at the time it happened when they requested that #313 evidence! I was kind of surprised he didn't appear to be bothered by that!! I truly believe those jurors have been discussing this during sequestration all along!

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos View Post
    It seems as though they did..even earlier when asking to see the sticker...because "they" wanted to....hmmm....I am sure that HHJP is aware of the media coverage of the alternate...IDK about a mistrial..pretty sure it's a done deal.
    And IIRC Mr.Mason even brought up in open court about the jury wanting to see the heart sticker. So , wouldn't that be on open record ?

I would make a poll,but I STILL don't have enough posts to put anything up. :-(

It certainly appears that way to me. Unless this guy was using the royal "we"... which I doubt.

people are people...sure they did. Use common sense
    No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.

No!!! Remember when they all got together and requested that evidence back a couple of weeks or more ago? They wanted to see #313 again? I was thinking at the time....WTF??? Why would they ask that unless they've been discussing this!!!! Can't imagine how JP didn't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Amy ~ View Post
    And IIRC Mr.Mason even brought up in open court about the jury wanting to see the heart sticker. So , wouldn't that be on open record ?
    Yes....but it makes no difference now. JP should have taken notice back before the end of the trial and checked to see if there WASN'T jury misconduct going on. But he didn't. He just let it go.

YES! I recently read the written by Scott Peterson's jury, and one of them "policed" the others about talking about the case. He got at least one juror kicked off.

I don't think that happened here.

SolshineGuest
    As Dan Abrams said on Twitter, "This trial is O-V-E-R!"

We can "woulda - shoulda - coulda" all we want. It's over - done - kaput. All we can do now is pray karma catches up with her like it did with OJ.

Yes, they did but there is nothing that can be done where ICA is concerned at this point.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast