TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Gail Nowacki Palmgren is missing as of 4/30/11 from Signal Mountain TN.
She is driving a Jeep Rubicon, 4 door, Red, with AL license plate number "Eazy St" .
Gail is 5'8", blond hair, 135 lbs. Call Signal Mountain PD at 423-886-2124
sigpic3550_5.gif

WRCB TV
14595650_BG1.JPG

14595650_BG2.JPG

Thread # 1

Thread # 2

Thread # 3

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137536"]Thread # 4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139299"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141660"]TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Media Links

Gail Nowacki Palmgren Timeline

Please continue here...

let's continue over here

I think this is good news! :seeya:

Chatt Times Free Press: TBI Reviewing Case

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is reviewing the case of a missing Signal Mountain woman at the request of the Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office.

Gail Palmgren, 44, of Signal Mountain, has not been seen since April 30. Her sister, Diane Nichols of New York, contacted the district attorney’s office, asking for a review.

“We have been asked to take a look at the case and see if we have any suggestions,” said TBI Special Agent in Charge Jerri Powell in Nashville.

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office still is leading the investigation into Palmgren’s disappearance.

I think this is good news! :seeya:

Chatt Times Free Press: TBI Reviewing Case

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is reviewing the case of a missing Signal Mountain woman at the request of the Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office.

Gail Palmgren, 44, of Signal Mountain, has not been seen since April 30. Her sister, Diane Nichols of New York, contacted the district attorney’s office, asking for a review.

“We have been asked to take a look at the case and see if we have any suggestions,” said TBI Special Agent in Charge Jerri Powell in Nashville.

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office still is leading the investigation into Palmgren’s disappearance.

I hope it is good news. Right now, I am not very impressed with the TBI. In the Holly Bobo case, it seems that although they immediately began investigating, they have no clue what happened to her. :banghead: Possibly they know and are keeping quiet, but in my opinion, they are too quiet. Hopefully, the Nashville office will be more impressive!

Oh thank goodness. So far, every time I'm afraid the case is just going to disappear, something happens to keep it in the media and being investigated. I think the TBI can only help at this point. Thank goodness for Diane, too, for asking the DA's office to look into it.

So now we have clarification about who is in charge. It's not the SMPD. That must be why Tizzio is back on patrol.

This is the first time we have seen this in the MSM, right? Is it because of the request of Diane and the TBI stepping in to take a looksee or the strange change of duties for Tizzio----and/or both? Could be TBI has more resources to check the phones, puters, etc.?? Can TBI go to AL, GA, FL or KY? Can they request phone records from people living in other states?

ETA: I noticed someone on FB stated they had called the governor to request help.

So now we have clarification about who is in charge. It's not the SMPD. That must be why Tizzio is back on patrol.

Or it was reported here incorrectly. I don't know. I trust Callie Starnes, because she went to the effort and was careful to go back and correct herself. Most reporters never bother these days.

ETA: Well, cancel that lol. WRCB, who Callie works for, is now reporting HCSO as lead, and worded as they have been:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15031780/tbi-reviewing-gail-palmgren-case

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office still is leading the investigation into Palmgren's disappearance.

This is the first time we have seen this in the MSM, right? Is it because of the request of Diane and the TBI stepping in to take a looksee or the strange change of duties for Tizzio----and/or both? Could be TBI has more resources to check the phones, puters, etc.?? Can TBI go to AL, GA, FL or KY? Can they request phone records from people living in other states?

ETA: I noticed someone on FB stated they had called the governor to request help.

BBM. Do you mean someone said the family asked the governor? Or someone on FB asked the governor?

TIA

BBM. Do you mean someone said the family asked the governor? Or someone on FB asked the governor?

TIA

I'm always confused about how to refer to social media statements, lol. But I think I can paraphrase?

On BGHN, it appears that CB stated he contacted the governor and DN contacted the DA- thus the TBI reviewing Gail's case.

Question: if you were to head N on 127 from Signal to just past the county lines, (not yet to 28) following NW, you would pass over/around a gorge with a creek at the bottom, I believe. Does anyone know if this route was flooded on the 27th? TIA.

Oriah...here's another area with the same waterway and it looks it could be fast moving. You can travel back east and see an entry from a field:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=signal+mountain+tn&ll=35.265034,-85.45887&spn=0,0.05476&z=14&layer=c&cbll=35.264893,-85.459815&panoid=6-fxfORoHng8Ldrp_qeSyA&cbp=12,253.18,,0,28.51"]signal mountain tn - Google Maps[/ame]

Wish we could find out where MP lived when he was growing there, fished, etc.

I'm always confused about how to refer to social media statements, lol. But I think I can paraphrase?

On BGHN, it appears that CB stated he contacted the governor and DN contacted the DA- thus the TBI reviewing Gail's case.

Copied from FB
I understand that your office has pledged a sum of money to the Holly Bobo Reward Fund. I personally think that is wonderful and this is such a sad case. However there are three other women also missing in TN and there may be more. Marsha Brantley, Cleveland, missing since 2009, Shelley Mook, Shelbyville, missing since Febraury 2011 and our own Gail Palmgren, Signal Mountain, missing since April 30th 2011.

It appears he was asking for a donation.

With the conversation of the siblings and who is closer and who is doing what and more...from the last thread.
It seems to me they are making decisions together and with so much on their plate perhaps this is nothing more than she does..a,b, c and he does..x,y,z.
I think it is counter productive to worry about who spoke to who more. I think this is more speculation from AD comments. As we are learning there is much she didn't know about Gail.
Also find it interesting that every time the topic of they (Gail's brother and sister) are not in the public, or seem to be doing anything, something is released like the latest with the TBI. I would not think that just happens overnight, does it?

With the conversation of the siblings and who is closer and who is doing what and more...from the last thread.
It seems to me they are making decisions together and with so much on their plate perhaps this is nothing more than she does..a,b, c and he does..x,y,z.
I think it is counter productive to worry about who spoke to who more.

[snipped for relevance to response]

Since I am one of the people who made comments in this regard, I want to just clarify what I meant by my posts.

I think if the two are indeed making decisions together, that is ideal.

The implication IMO was that they were instead at odds with each other over decision-making, and if that were the case, I think it would surely hinder progress.

A straight-forward and quick solution to that would be for the sibling closer to Gail to make the decision without hassle so the case could continue to move forward in the most productive way.

If the two have resolved their own conflicts, however--if any existed to begin with--that is by far the best scenario.

Can TBI go to AL, GA, FL or KY? Can they request phone records from people living in other states?

I remember this was discussed in the SMM interview, and although I had issues with the interview itself, I would think the people on the panel probably have enough experience to know the answer to that. I remember they said it would be an FBI case, in order to cross state lines. Does anybody else remember that?

I also remember it was stated somewhere--possibly not that interview--that the chain is to go through the TBI before being able to bring in the FBI. SMM vowed to use her contacts to make this an FBI case.

WRCB updates their article, and removes the statement that HCSO is lead lol.

UPDATED: TBI reviewing evidence in Gail Palmgren case
Updated: Jul 06, 2011 11:36 AM EDT

TBI Special Agent in Charge Jerri Powell tells Eyewitness News the agency has been assisting the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office review evidence related to the disappearance of Gail Palmgren.

"We have not been officially asked to be a part of the investigation," Special Agent Powell says.

The TBI has been aiding by examining the evidence collected by deputies and the Signal Mountain Police Department and offering suggestions.

"They're just putting a second set of eyes on the evidence," Powell says.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1503178..._source=Gail+Palmgren+News&utm_medium=twitter

Here's another article from the Chattanooga Pulse:

TBI Asked To Assist In Gail Palmgren Investigation
July 6, 2011 – 11:32 am

the agency will review documents, any physical evidence, bulletins, and other particulars of the case, and that there is no time frame.

Powell says the review could take anywhere from several days to months.

http://chattanoogapulse.com/newsfea...ked-to-assist-in-gail-palmgren-investigation/

[snipped for relevance to response]

Since I am one of the people who made comments in this regard, I want to just clarify what I meant by my posts.

I think if the two are indeed making decisions together, that is ideal.

The implication IMO was that they were instead at odds with each other over decision-making, and if that were the case, I think it would surely hinder progress.

A straight-forward and quick solution to that would be for the sibling closer to Gail to make the decision without hassle so the case could continue to move forward in the most productive way.

If the two have resolved their own conflicts, however--if any existed to begin with--that is by far the best scenario.

You know what? If Gail was my sister and I was close to her, I wouldn't let my other siblings dictate my actions. JMO

(Caveat: I come from a big family too and we hardly ever agree on anything, and never have. So when siblings try to control each other, it pushes my buttons - I don't play that game in my life. We are all free agents and have to be able to live with our own decisions.)

Believe9 and BeanE,
sorry to post and run but time and the holiday caught up with me. I am still on holiday and away from the computer but had to check in on the big case and wanted to swing by here.

I don’t have time to read threads so forgive and pass over if this all has been covered.

To clarify information in the Jammer interview that was new or had more details unknown to me, at least, and I thought was worthy of discussion on WS.

Points of interest:

GP planning on moving to the lake house from SM when school out

Arlene said GP did say it was MP she was scared of in the pick me up call

Her Catholic religion is what kept her in the marriage. She felt once married should stay married.

Arlene sketching a portrait of GPs state as well-adjusted and normal and any problems directly and exclusively connected to MP

GP very crafty made big deal of holidays.

Found enjoyment in simple pleasures good sense of humor

Turned around to take picture of a funny sign to put on her Facebook

When it came to MP - mean drunk

Verbally abusive when drinking -is really hard on the son.

MP routinely kept very close track of GP

Police were called when MP got out of the car because it scared the children

Told about dog incident MP mad because the electric fence collar left off

MP hid behind dog house one time from LE and hid in house another time

MP side says MP nerdy messy not as smart as Gail not the type to pull off such a crime

Arlene had meet MP a few times but barely talked.

She and her son installed the security camera because MP couldn’t fix anything himself he wasn’t mechanical at all

Arlene could tell MP intelligent but seemed no common sense

When questioned about why that amount of money A had told Gail she needed 6 month money supply to live on because in ala it takes that long to get a hearing in court

She tries to call GP cell phone goes straight to voice mail.

Jammer quizzing what would Gail be doing up on the remote trail. A doesn’t know. Asked who with GP only thing she could think was it may have been mistress in car. Jammer: Mistress has alibi for being a passenger. Arlene said I thought that it was different weekend at softball tourney. J says apparently a firm alibi
Asked was Arlene the passenger No she said she was at exes 50th party and had witnesses

Jammer closely questioning credit card charge:

Arlene when picking up the hard drive signed or approved the charge to GPs credit card.

GP had already given them the credit card but it was for 75 the service fee if they didn’t find anything but if they did it was going to be 200.
Arlene was going to pick up day before GP disappeared but it was still on Ups? truck. She couldn’t get it until the Monday after the disappearance.
At that time she Arlene approved / signed ? for the 200 payment.

Hard drive contained footage of an argument. MP had erased it but it was recovered.

Arlene would agree to have her local LE make a copy but she was not going to let her original go because GP had entrusted it to A.

Told Jammer they talked every single day.

She did not know that GP had seen a psychiatrist in Birmingham but shrugged it off GP didn’t know every detail of her life either.

Jammer: why would she drive back and leave the children if she was scared of MP

Arlene: Only reason she would go back because MP threatened GP personally. GP would only leave children at house if MP threatened GP.

MP gone through $20,000 since disappearance

She was a little depressed. No crazier than me but people do say I am umm… fun to be with

Didn’t discount deny that she might leave but not this long without seeing the children

Doesn’t think she is alive. Crying heart breaking

Foot note: Don’t have a link but it appears MPs counsel is going through his own divorce. It was in the Times Free Press over the weekend.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member