1087 users online (179 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Arrow ~*~ Caylee's Law ~*~

Via ShouldBworking in another thread, a reminder of this great initiative. To have a feeling of doing at least something this day:

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-07-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added icon

bumping a moment.

Perfect!!! Just perfect!

Thanks for bringing this back up. The petition has grown immensely with signatures in the last 2-3 hours. Quite a testament to all who want justice.

Whatever I can do to put put this initiative forward, please let me know!! Whatever it takes to bring this initiative to LAW, let me know.

If you really want to change the law, an online petition is not the most direct route. The best way is to call your local representative or write them a letter. So, that would be your congressman/woman and your governor. I would suggest that each state should have this law in place, not just Florida.

BTW- the link is for an online petition to make it a crime for a parent/guardian to not report a child's disappearance is a timely manner. This would be a good use of our collective anger over the Casey Anthony verdict. Let's make a change, people! No parent should get a free pass of 31 days ever again!

Edit: to clarify- the link is asking to petition to make this act a felony. It is best to write both your congressional representative and your governor- in the event that a federal law falls through, perhaps something could pass at in individual state level (something's better than nothing)

I've signed it! Will post it to facebook as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail_Tracer View Post
    If you really want to change the law, an online petition is not the most direct route. The best way is to call your local representative or write them a letter. So, that would be your congressman/woman and your governor. I would suggest that each state should have this law in place, not just Florida.

BTW- the link is for an online petition to make it a crime for a parent/guardian to not report a child's disappearance is a timely manner. This would be a good use of our collective anger over the Casey Anthony verdict. Let's make a change, people! No parent should get a free pass of 31 days ever again!

Edit: to clarify- the link is asking to petition to make this act a felony. It is best to write both your congressional representative and your governor- in the event that a federal law falls through, perhaps something could pass at in individual state level (something's better than nothing)
    I agree!! It is a positive way to channel this negative anger. Lets take our collective anger and turn it into a positive force. Whatever I need to do to contribute, I am in. I signed the petition, posted to my facebook page and I will write my congressional reps and my Gov. WHAT NEXT? Lets make a plan!!

This is a good idea ONLY if:

The parent should reasonably have known the child was missing
    The failure to report was part of an attempt to cover up another crime (such as illegal disposal of a corpse, etc.)

Does anyone know when signing this petition if I need to put the address where I am a registered voter. I just moved from one city to a different city (same state) but my voter registration is still in my previous city.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post

The failure to report was part of an attempt to cover up another crime (such as illegal disposal of a corpse, etc.)
    You'll have to clarify?? The parent should have reasonably known the child was missing? Not sure I understand. And, the failure to report was an attempt to cover up another crime? I totally disagree with this one.

Can the mods keep bumping this thread so ALL on Websleuths can have the opportunity to post this to their facebook threads???

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post

Okay, let's write a law:

What's should be in it....

I like the part about the parent should reasonably have known that the child was missing. I'm not sure about the part where it needs to cover up another crime. What do you guys think? (My brain's tired. Want to get this right. Not too complicated. Not too simple.)

I definitely think - esp. if it's going to be considered a felony- that there needs to be an age limit. You don't want parents prosecuted if a teenager runs away due to a home squabble and the parents are giving them a little space. That could get sticky. Maybe under the age of 12? That's very young. But that's so young- that child would have no business being unaccounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail_Tracer View Post

I agree-though I will point out the the legislature is at least the right idea...the defense attorneys (shocker) tried to change things from the bench...the RIGHT and proper way is to change things in Tallahassee and Washington (where applicable, I despise that city 40 miles to the north of me).
    Thanks guys for being on the ball!

Bumping this for Caylee and all the precious children.
    Justice failed Caylee Marie!!

Please bring Haleigh home!

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast