Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    As I already posted ,one of my SC State House Representatives e-mailed me back after receiving the auto-generated letter from the petition.
    I replied to him and included the PDF of the bill FL has proposed and links to the articles of what other states are considering.
    It might be a gentle nudge for those who want to contact lawmakers from their state.
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    This is a good idea ONLY if:

The parent should reasonably have known the child was missing
    The failure to report was part of an attempt to cover up another crime (such as illegal disposal of a corpse, etc.)
    Where was that charge anyway? Illegal disposal of a corpse. I have heard a jury member say HOW DO YOU PUNISH someone if you DO NOT know what they did?? I think all would agree and I could be wrong, that Casey and not George dumped Caylee and it is to bad that charges were not brought for what they could prove. Since they clearly could not prove how she died and should have known it would be argued an accident.

I actually do think if the story I heard is true about her mom and her having such a fight and Casey leaving that night that she parked somewhere not having a place to stay with Caylee and that if the story is true we got that Lee told Grund. That Casey would have got no sleep and the next day when she came home as she probably did when George was at work. That she FELL ASLEEP and whatever happened to Caylee happened at that time.

I know people feel strongly she killed her daughter but her actions do not go along with premeditated murder. They go for someone that just did not know what to do or how to handle the shock and went into denial.

I am pretty sure they could still charge her with illegal disposal of a body if they wished to do so.

My Great Grandson~

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Water View Post
    Where was that charge anyway? Illegal disposal of a corpse. I have heard a jury member say HOW DO YOU PUNISH someone if you DO NOT know what they did?? I think all would agree and I could be wrong, that Casey and not George dumped Caylee and it is to bad that charges were not brought for what they could prove. Since they clearly could not prove how she died and should have known it would be argued an accident.

I actually do think if the story I heard is true about her mom and her having such a fight and Casey leaving that night that she parked somewhere not having a place to stay with Caylee and that if the story is true we got that Lee told Grund. That Casey would have got no sleep and the next day when she came home as she probably did when George was at work. That she FELL ASLEEP and whatever happened to Caylee happened at that time.

I know people feel strongly she killed her daughter but her actions do not go along with premeditated murder. They go for someone that just did not know what to do or how to handle the shock and went into denial.

I am pretty sure they could still charge her with illegal disposal of a body if they wished to do so.
    I've posted this before,but shock from the death of your child does not allow you to be perky and behave "totally normal " within hours of the death. Beyond the emotional ,there is the physical reaction that simply cannot be controlled.
    Anyone who has not lost a child may think they can rationalize or justify Casey's behavior,but for myself,I know,she did not lose that child to an accident and go on a date a few hours later ,smiling and getting chilling movies to watch.Yes ,everyone grieves differently,but not THAT differently. JMO
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Miss U James

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    He says we need to make sure we have laws with teeth .I like that .Apparantly jurors need it spelled out for them.
    Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    AS of 1:30pm Friday est ,over 690,000!!!
    I heard from my assemblyman (NJ) today and he said they're in the process of drafting a bill now.

ETA: his response (sounds like a nice guy)...

Thanks very much for your email. A Bill regarding this issue is
    currently being drafted. I promise to keep your thoughts in mind as
    this comes before the General Assembly.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dave Russo
    Last edited by RR0004; 07-08-2011 at 03:41 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wannabedetective View Post
    I agree. I keep seeing this movement all over the internet. I can understand how the verdict was very emotional for everyone, but something like this would never have applied anyway. Caylee was never missing. The defense even conceeded to that.
    So other families can't hold off reporting a child missing and expect nothing to happen to them. The only reason to NOT report your child missing is if something nefarious has gone on,IMO.
    People who's children really are missing will report it. No more hiding behind "I was looking for her,myself" while the evidence of murder decomposes in a swamp
    Yes,this should fall under neglect charges,but this jury proved you need it spelled out .
    This petition originally included reporting the death of a child within 24 hours (why so long?) and needs to be put back in or another bill added.IMO
    Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    How could we get PA in on it?
    Just saw PA has been added......4 more states, I think. Well 8 total.....last I read it was 4 (iirc)

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

PA and NJ added
    Last edited by susan1122; 07-08-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Add link

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

I've posted this before,but shock from the death of your child does not allow you to be perky and behave "totally normal " within hours of the death. Beyond the emotional ,there is the physical reaction that simply cannot be controlled.
    Anyone who has not lost a child may think they can rationalize or justify Casey's behavior,but for myself,I know,she did not lose that child to an accident and go on a date a few hours later ,smiling and getting chilling movies to watch.Yes ,everyone grieves differently,but not THAT differently. JMO
    Thank You, MissJames. I think you have to be right. If KC was THAT different and messed up, wouldn't they have found her incompetent to stand trial. Really?!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to susan1122 For This Useful Post:

732,356 at 4:44 Fri July 8
    Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    732,356 at 4:44 Fri July 8
    732,356 + 1!!! Done with pleasure in honor of Caylee!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

Just got a chance to sign the petition. I really hope every state picks this up and runs with it. This is a great idea in my opinion. I hate the idea of Caylee's death having been in vain. I really want to see people turning the negative energy and thoughts into something positive. Let's honor Caylee's memory!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Neurotripsy is offline "There's no justice in the world & there never was."
    Already signed the day after it was put up but WOW, it's spread like wildfire! Will keep re-posting it on Twitter & Facebook!

24th-26th October, '11 - Attended Joanna Yeates trial. [Photos]
    Avi of my gorgeous cat Kitty (1997-2014) was made by sugarwind. ❤

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neurotripsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    This is a good idea ONLY if:

The parent should reasonably have known the child was missing
    The failure to report was part of an attempt to cover up another crime (such as illegal disposal of a corpse, etc.)
    I haven't read the whole thread but just wanted to say that your second point wouldn't work - this charge could then only be brought after a conviction on another crime. If this was law now, KC would still get off.

But I do love the concept of Caylee's law, although when I first saw the heading I thought "What? A law against stupid juries?"

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinaD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    Taken from the above article:

"would make it a felony for parents to fail to report the passing of their child within one hour of death or report a child missing within 24 hours of their disappearance."

Huh? 1 hour of a child's death? It should be 12 hours OR 24 hours. What if a child dies while in his/her sleep....ex: SIDS

That needs to be modified!!!

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast