Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: ~*~ Caylee's Law ~*~

Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Always ,just my opinion

JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Miss U James

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    Meeting with spiritual advisors and therapists

The responses I have gotten so far:

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding Little Baby Caylee Anthony and the circumstances surrounding her death. I strongly support your position about the need for laws that would require notification of authorities following the disappearance/death of a minor child. I plan to either sponsor or co-sponsor legislation to that effect during the Maryland General Assembly 2012 legislative session. I’ll keep you updated.

If I may be of any assistance to you, in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Del. Pat McDonough

Thank you for your petition letter requesting that a law be introduced in Maryland making it a crime when a parent or guardian does not report a child's disappearance to law enforcement within one hour after the child is found.

It is my practice to read all legislation before I decide to support or not to support the measure. Be assured I will keep your views in mind before I make a decision on this bill.

Sincerely,
    Del. Joseph "Sonny" Minnick

Thank you very much for writing to me concerning the desire to see the implementation of Caylee's Law to make the failure of reporting a child's death a felony. I agree wholeheartedly that anyone, and especially one's caretaker or parent, should have an obligation to ensure that the death of a child -- accidental or otherwise -- is reported to the appropriate authorities.

As such, I will work with legislative leaders during the 2012 session of the Maryland legislature to explore having legislation similar to what you have described below enacted into law.

Regards,
    Delegate Olszewski

"She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

"I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

I am so sorry Caylee.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eidetic For This Useful Post:

What is the law now regarding not reporting your child missing? isn't this a rare happening? Do we have to have laws now because casey didn't do what she was supposed to do? AFAIK, her parents didn't either. They could have called her in missing also. There were three people who didn't report it. No clothes were taken, the mother had no job, no money and no place to stay. The mother took the child in a car owned her parents. I see this as a big failure by people who should have known better and certainly could have located casey to check on the grandchild.

Should there be a law that grandparents who provide the protection and home for the child be held responsible? I think so. I am tired of all these laws. I need time to think about this. Isn't dhild neglect and endangerment a felony? If we have the laws, don't we need juries to be able to understand the law?

I'd rather see laws passed that will scrutinize a jury and make sure they can pass tests that involve reasonable doubt. That's something worth looking into. Every criminal who has been acquited seemed to benefit from jurors who don't have the skills to reason well.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    What is the law now regarding not reporting your child missing? isn't this a rare happening? Do we have to have laws now because casey didn't do what she was supposed to do? AFAIK, her parents didn't either. They could have called her in missing also. There were three people who didn't report it. No clothes were taken, the mother had no job, no money and no place to stay. The mother took the child in a car owned her parents. I see this as a big failure by people who should have known better and certainly could have located casey to check on the grandchild.

Should there be a law that grandparents who provide the protection and home for the child be held responsible? I think so. I am tired of all these laws. I need time to think about this. Isn't dhild neglect and endangerment a felony? If we have the laws, don't we need juries to be able to understand the law?

I'd rather see laws passed that will scrutinize a jury and make sure they can pass tests that involve reasonable doubt. That's something worth looking into. Every criminal who has been acquited seemed to benefit from jurors who don't have the skills to reason well.
    BBM

Does that same logic work for innocent people who were thrown in jail as well? They were found guilty because jurors didn't have skills to reason well?

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    BBM

Does that same logic work for innocent people who were thrown in jail as well? They were found guilty because jurors didn't have skills to reason well?
    We can always find out...not sure what to do about new jury laws...any suggestions?
    Oops...sorry, OT...this is Caylee's thread.
    I love the idea of Caylee's Law. It amazes me that so many have come out and supported this law. I'm proud of my state (NJ).

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/1...ted-after.html

In Florida a State Senate panel has been created to look into changes needed in our laws to protect children.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omachka View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/1...ted-after.html

In Florida a State Senate panel has been created to look into changes needed in our laws to protect children.
    What a great opportunity for FL citizens . Find out how to contact the members of this panel and speak up with your ideas!
    Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Florida Senate Select Committee on Protecting Florida's Children (2012 Session)
    http://apps.lobbytools.com/pub/index...ittees&id=1327
    Contact info for the 5 members is @ link

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merker For This Useful Post:

Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/india...ing-to-indiana

Caylee's law coming to Indiana

Published : Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
    Jaclyn Bevis

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - Talks at the Indiana Statehouse on Thursday could bring Caylee's law to the Hoosier State. State legislatures are looking to add a law to books requiring parents or guardians to report missing children within the same time from that you're required to report dead bodies. The time limitations for that are three hours.

(snipped)

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/india...ing-to-indiana

Caylee's law coming to Indiana

Published : Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
    Jaclyn Bevis

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - Talks at the Indiana Statehouse on Thursday could bring Caylee's law to the Hoosier State. State legislatures are looking to add a law to books requiring parents or guardians to report missing children within the same time from that you're required to report dead bodies. The time limitations for that are three hours.

(snipped)
    Interesting, I wonder how the law will determine when the clock 'starts' on the 3 hours. I assume the law for a dead body is when you discover it. How would they determine when one becomes aware someone is 'missing'?

Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    cfnews13 News 13
    by CFNews13Casey
    Ohio lawmakers introduce 'Caylee's Law' joining at least 15 other states with similar proposed laws. goo.gl/v2bCo

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...?cmpid=twitter

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) --

Ohio is joining the list of states to propose laws that require prompt reporting of missing children in response to public outrage over the acquittal of Casey Anthony.

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

Child neglect already exists in Florida.

I support Caylee's Law.
    Last edited by RANCH; 09-09-2011 at 01:16 AM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Thank you for your petition letter requesting that a law be introduced in Maryland making it a crime when a parent or guardian does not report a child's disappearance to law enforcement within one hour after the child is found.
    It is my practice to read all legislation before I decide to support or not to support the measure. Be assured I will keep your views in mind before I make a decision on this bill.

Sincerely,

bbm part - makes no sense. Report the disappearance with in one hour AFTER the child is found?
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

35. The Following User Says Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post

Sincerely,

bbm part - makes no sense. Report the disappearance with in one hour AFTER the child is found?
    found to be missing?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

39. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    found to be missing?
    An error ,of course . Happens to everyone.
    Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

41. The Following User Says Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

State panel created after Casey Anthony trial beginning child protection review

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/1...rotection.html

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A special Florida Senate panel on protecting children is beginning its work.

Senate President Mike Haridopolos, a Merritt Island Republican, created the committee in response to the acquittal of Casey Anthony....
    Work On Proposed 'Caylee's Law' Begins

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/29227604/detail.html

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KarmaGet'em For This Useful Post:

Passage of a 'Caylee's Law' no sure thing in Florida Senate

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/st...type=ynews_rss

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920