CA CA - Lancaster, HispMale Skeletal UP9491, 28-55, behind vacant building, Jul'11

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was behind the old WalMart on Valley Central. Body was discovered by the leasing agent of the building, according to what I have been able to dig up. The agent was checking out the building after being told homeless people were camping out inside it.

This man has been added to NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/9491

Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 28 years
Maximum age 55 years
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 27, Estimated
Height (inches) 65, Measured

This man has been added to NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/9491

Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 28 years
Maximum age 55 years
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 27, Estimated
Height (inches) 65, Measured

27 pounds must either be a typo or the weight he was when he was found. I don't think someone who is 5'5" would be able to live at 27 lbs.

DNA and dentals have also been added according to the above NamUs link.

Reyes Rodriguez? Missing since 4 March 2011 from Mendota, CA, 51 years old, "brown pride" tattoo. Found him on charley project, and doj site. Mendonta, CA to Lancaster, CA is about 200 miles, straight down I-5 or CA-99. Given that Lancaster is in the high desert, would a couple of months be enough to skeletonize?

Miguel Guzman? Missing since March 2010 from Torrance, CA, dependent adult. Found him on the doj site but not on charley. Torrance, CA to Lancaster, CA is like 90 miles, straight down CA-14 and I-405.

ETA: Never mind...those two don't much match the sketch released in Dec 2011.

Possibility?? Hector Valencia - 24 years old - Valencia - 4 May 2010

CA CA - Hector Valencia - 24 years old - Valencia - 4 May 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hector3.jpg
6.jpg

I have submitted Hector Valencia as a possibility to the NamUs contacts listed in the UID case report. Will post if I hear anything back.

These remains were a recent death??? The reason I ask is because William Bradford was dumping bodies in that area back in the late '70's, early 80's.

The articles say "skeletal remains" that were found 5 July 2011. The retail business there has been empty for awhile, but not empty since the late 70s.

In my opinion, the sketch looks like someone heftier than 5' 5"....my opinion.

--- On Wed, 3/7/12, Daniel Machian <DMachian@coroner.lacounty.gov> wrote:

Subject: RE: ME/C Case Number: 2011-04458
To: <redacted>
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 12:37 PM

XXXX XXXX,

I have contacted the Los Banos Police Dept. to see if they have any dental x-rays on MP Hector Valencia, or if they were able to collect a DNA specimen from the family for comparison to our case 2011-04458.

The Police Dept. did not have any dental x-rays for Hector Valencia, and they are checking to see if there was a DNA specimen collected. I am waiting for a call back from the Police Dept. to see if a DNA specimen was collected .

Sincerely ,

Inv. Daniel Machian
Los Angeles Dept. of Coroner
Identifications Section
323-343-0754
323-222-0343 FAX
dmachian@coroner.lacounty.gov

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors