WI WI - Marchelle Hansen, 31, Phillips, 12 Nov 1987

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1419dfwi.html

Marshelle was also known as Shelley. She was pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hansen_marchelle.html

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dci/sa/unsolved.asp

Snipped:

•The Price County Sheriff's Department and the Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) are investigating the disappearance of Marchelle Hansen. Hansen, who was 23 at the time of her disappearance, was last seen leaving Marquip Inc. in Phillips, Wisconsin, at the end of her work shift there at approximately 8:00 p.m. on November 12, 1987. Hansen was reported missing five days later when she failed to arrive for work at her part-time job at the local IGA store in Phillips. Hansen's vehicle was found parked at the Lake 10 Resort, approximately 11 miles south of Phillips. No signs of foul play were observed in the vehicle or at Hansen's residence, located north of Phillips on Highway 13. Hansen was known to be pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Law enforcement is seeking information identifying anyone Hansen may have been dating or associating with at the time of her disappearance. Information regarding places Hansen may have frequented would also be of assistance.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Special Agent John E. Christophersen of the Division of Criminal Investigation at 715-839-3830 or Investigator Chris Jarosinski of the Price County Sheriff's Department at 715-339-3011.

I couldn't find any archived articles for Marchelle.

Current article:
http://www.waow.com/story/15030764/cold-case-marchelle-hansens-story

Posted: Jul 05, 2011 6:41 PM
By Courtney Fasano

Investigators said there are persons of interests in this case, but did not release the names. Shelly's brother, Ron, said just finding her remains would bring them another step closer to tracking down a suspect. Until then, he said he's not giving up his fight.
MHansen.jpg
MHansen1.jpg
MHansen2.jpg

I am researching Marchelle's disappearance for an article. I will post a link to the article when it is complete. In the meantime, here is some more information I have uncovered regarding her case:

Marchelle lived in a town with a population under 1,500. She disappeared on November 12th, 1987-- exactly one year after Carla Lenz disappeared. Carla Lenz was later discovered to have been mutilated and murdered by her brother-in-law, John Weber, who also tried to do the same thing to his wife a few years later (She lived through the ordeal and testified against him in court). Carla Lenz' remains were discovered in a shallow grave just four miles from Marchelle's apartment. The Sheriff at the time did investigate a connection, but Weber refused to talk. It is still unknown publicly whether Weber is still considered to have played a part in Marchelle's disappearance.

When Marchelle was young she had a congenital foot deformity. She was worried her child would also have this same problem, so she obtained an early ultrasound image the day of her disappearance. She had taken this image with her to work to show her friends. Her family believes she had this sonogram with her at the time she drove to the Lake Ten Resort. The image was never found.

Marchelle called her brother Robert and her mother shortly before disappearing. She explained that she was close to 3 months pregnant and that the father had promised child support if she would keep his name secret.

After her disappearance, Marchelle's possessions were taken to the home of the brother she was supposedly the closest to: Robert Hansen. Two days later, a fire caused by an overheated woodburning stove destroyed Robert's home, along with all of these items.

I moved to the Phillips area 2 yrs ago and was looking into crime northern WI looking at a story cko John Weber who killed his wives sister Carla Lenz 17 yoa who lived about 4 miles from where Marchelle lived . Price Co Sheriff Wayne Wirsing in 1988 remarked to Sheybogan press on the similarities between the two cases .In 1988 Weber attempted to murder his Wife Emily and was arrested shortly after . When looking into Weber I found the disappearance of Marchelle Hansen since 11/12/1987 . May 2020 I contacted Price County SO and offered my help as I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer with investigative experience my biggest case with national attention Catholic Priest John Patrick Feeney in 2002 . A Brian Roush, Chief Deputy Responded back :
Chris Jarosinski picked up the Marchelle Hanson case early in his investigative career and has worked on it ever since. Even with a full plate, Chris holds a great passion for this case and would find the time to review the old file, conduct an interview or analyze evidence. Chris has worked with a number of experienced Death Investigators from DCI over the years who also held the same passion for this case.
With Chris’s retirement the loss of Marchelle Hansen will not be forgotten. We are putting a plan in place to transition this case to the next generation of Investigators. This is a process that will take a great amount of time as well. That being said I do not feel that this is a good time to reach to an outside source for additional assistance in this case.
I appreciate your interest in the case and your continued desire to serve in your community.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.
Thank You,
Brian

Now its March 2021 I was working on my family tree and decided to look again into the Marchelle Hansen case and found this info on Newspapers.com : Wausau Dailey Herald Aug 4th 2013 The family hired Private Investigator Dick Kramer in 1989 who was raised in the Phillips Area now retired . Kramer said there have been suspects or persons of interest but no arrests . Kramer said it was a strange case that you can't help thinking about constantly .

Myself I realize no body is a big problem but I find it so amazing no one in the Phillips area knew who got Marchelle pregnant because of the fact Marchelle called her brother Robert shortly before she disappeared telling him she was 2 to 3 months pregnant ( Meaning it almost had to be a local guy) further she mentioned to her brother the Father of the baby had promised to financially support the child as long as she didn't reveal his name . Well my goodness the father is a very good suspect whoever that maybe and again how could no one know who that was in little Phillips . All the info I have learned on this case is through the internet . Other than the email from Price CO SO .

Submitting this UID

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Effective October 1, 2021, daily management of the NamUs program has transitioned and the general email address has changed to namus@usdoj.gov. Contact information for specific NamUs representatives can be found here: Contact Us
Namus 2.0 Home Page
Track Case
Case Photo
UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16000Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found
May 15, 1992
Location Found
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Case Information
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number
--
ME/C Case Number
92C000131
Demographics
Sex
Female
Race / Ethnicity
White / Caucasian
Possible First Name
--
Possible Middle Name
--
Possible Last Name
--
Nickname/Alias
--
Estimated Age Group
Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)
20-25
Estimated Year of Death
1991-1992
Estimated PMI
--
Height
4' 6"-5' 2"(54-62 inches) , Estimated
Weight
Cannot Estimate
Circumstances
Type
Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found
May 15, 1992
NamUs Case Created
November 8, 2016
ME/C QA Reviewed
--
Location Found Map
County
Allen County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
--
Found On Tribal Land
--
Circumstances of Recovery
Unidentified female remains were found in Fort Wayne, IN on 05/15/1992. The remains were wrapped in a furniture cover in the basement of a vacant house at 3512 Reynolds Street. The decedent was pregnant at the time of her death. She may have been towards the end of her 2nd trimester or just entering her 3rd trimester at time of death.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains
All parts recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair Color
Brown
Head Hair Description
Blonde or Light Brown
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--
Left Eye Color
Unknown
Right Eye Color
Unknown
Eye Description
--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Other distinctive physical characteristicPossible back pain or altered posture during life
Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
ClothingGray or light blue "Windcrest" jacket
Knit shirt with white stripes and dark colored cross-stripes
Black bra and white underwear
Black sweatpantsOn the Body
ClothingWrapped in furniture cover/moving blanketNear the Body
FootwearPink Reebok Tennis Shoes Size 10On the Body
Jewelry1. Gold colored braided necklace
2. Gold colored looped necklace with three, star, charmsOn the Body
Case Photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-084632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-084632_Chrome.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 5
I am researching Marchelle's disappearance for an article. I will post a link to the article when it is complete. In the meantime, here is some more information I have uncovered regarding her case:

Marchelle lived in a town with a population under 1,500. She disappeared on November 12th, 1987-- exactly one year after Carla Lenz disappeared. Carla Lenz was later discovered to have been mutilated and murdered by her brother-in-law, John Weber, who also tried to do the same thing to his wife a few years later (She lived through the ordeal and testified against him in court). Carla Lenz' remains were discovered in a shallow grave just four miles from Marchelle's apartment. The Sheriff at the time did investigate a connection, but Weber refused to talk. It is still unknown publicly whether Weber is still considered to have played a part in Marchelle's disappearance.

When Marchelle was young she had a congenital foot deformity. She was worried her child would also have this same problem, so she obtained an early ultrasound image the day of her disappearance. She had taken this image with her to work to show her friends. Her family believes she had this sonogram with her at the time she drove to the Lake Ten Resort. The image was never found.

Marchelle called her brother Robert and her mother shortly before disappearing. She explained that she was close to 3 months pregnant and that the father had promised child support if she would keep his name secret.

After her disappearance, Marchelle's possessions were taken to the home of the brother she was supposedly the closest to: Robert Hansen. Two days later, a fire caused by an overheated woodburning stove destroyed Robert's home, along with all of these items.
This I believe is incorrect about Shelly's possessions being taken to her brother Roberts but instead were to her brother Ron's in Park Falls Price County , WI where the fire happened and Shelly's possessions destroyed .

The photo of Ron holding Shelly’s photo always gave me the creeps…

I grew up here. I feel the foot defect could have been traced through medical records. She already had a brace. Where did it come from? Or who?

Just found this message from you . I don't understand when you ask: She already had a brace. Where did it come from? Or who? Not sure why you are asking that or what it has to do with her disappearance although if her body is ever recovered I am sure it will assist in her being identified. I can say probably for sure it was some kind of natural defect as she went in to get a Sonogram , I believe to make sure her child would not have the same defect. <modsnip> Believe me sometimes you put your neck out there to help you will get someone who wants to chop it off. Or you will discover something else about a county some people don't want you looking into.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to even suggest this, but, uh... Ron and the fire... and they were "very close"...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back