Who was the most effective defense witness?

who was the most effect non-Anthony defense witness?

• Dr. Michael Rickenbach, FBI Chemist (insignificant levels of chloroform)

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Dr. Michael Sigman, UCF Chemistry professor (said tests consistent with gasoline in trunk)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dr. Kenneth Furton, FIU Chemistry professor (no definitive scientific manner to determine decomp)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dr. Warner Spitz, ME (no evidence of homicide, duct tape likely placed post-mortem/post decomp)

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • River Cruz/KH (claimed GA told her Caylee's death was "an accident that snowballed out of control")

Votes: 69 37.7%
  • Maria Kish (no smell in car, backseat passanger, testimony JB pronounced as 'bombshell')

• Tony Lazaro (no smell when trunk opened, Casey good Mom-stopped Caylee from running to Apt pool)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Dr. Sally Karioth (behavior during the 31 days not that unusual, could be consistent with grieving)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Roy Kronk (manipulated skull, shook the bag 3x, comment to son 11/08 about remains?)

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • R. Eicklenboom, touch DNA (duct tape marker not Casey/Caylee,not permitted to test other evidence)

• other (explain)

Votes: 54 29.5%

• Total voters

jrb0124

Reaction score
Setting aside the conspiracy theories about the jury colluding and agreeing to a not-guilty verdict in order to make $ on books/TV and/or go home as soon as possible, and giving them the benefit of the doubt that they did follow the jury instructions, who do you believe was the most effective non-Anthony witness for the defense case as far as influencing this jury, in the grand scheme of their decision (verdict)?

All the prosecution witness who testified on cross examination that they saw no evidence of neglect, that Casey seemed like a good mother.

George. He did a great job of hesitating, arguing with Baez and overall appearing guilty.

Since the alternate that has spoken indicated they ignored any of the 31 days due to family dysfunction.

Didn't believe the body was in the trunk - so forensics didn't count.

Said that GA seemed shifty (whoops thats family).

Then concluded that it was an accident that was covered up -----my answer is Jose Baez, since he was the one that delivered the opening statement and the jury appeared to have developed their own theories/versions of this story, then ignored evidence that refuted it, accepted testimony of RC and JB, and didn't bother to look for any evidence of the accident theory.

They appear to have ignored the SA from the moment of JB's OS, must go see what the state may have said in OS that turned them off.

Sorry for the late poll addition, I had intended to post it at the same time...had to winnow each option down to 100 chars.

I didn't vote in the poll, but I'll say Casey Anthony. Everyone wanted her to take the stand and now that we know what we know, I think she would of incriminated herself even more so (to the point that some on the jury probably would go the other way).

Setting aside the conspiracy theories about the jury colluding and agreeing to a not-guilty verdict in order to make $ on books/TV and/or go home as soon as possible, and giving them the benefit of the doubt that they did follow the jury instructions, who do you believe was the most effective non-Anthony witness for the defense case as far as influencing this jury, in the grand scheme of their decision (verdict)?

I believe the A's were the most effective witnesses for the defense......and I think the jury thought so too. So, I didn't vote.

GA & CA's testimony was obviously the most effective in convincing the jury that they were in deed a lying dysfunctional family and therefore their daughter should be excused from murdering her child (their grandchild). Sick, Sick, Sick.

based on the words of the alternate juror it's George....but in your poll it is River Cruz

George. He did a great job of hesitating, arguing with Baez and overall appearing guilty.

You know what I find really ironic? George was the only one of the Anthonys (IMO) that actually wanted to see Casey pay for what happened to Caylee, but ultimately his testimony is what ended up leading to the not guilty verdict. I feel bad for him. I don't understand why the jury didn't see that George acted that way with Baez b/c of what Baez (and Casey) had accused him of in opening statements. I don't blame George for acting the way he did on the stand. And I also don't understand how the jury could see how that man broke down on the stand and think that he had anything to do with Caylee's death or a cover up. I honestly just don't get it. And it makes me wonder how much critical thinking (or just plain thinking) the jurors used in coming to their opinions and ultimate decision. MOO.

River...showing GA a liar

and

Kronk moving the remains. And, showing that the LE might have been able to prove something if they had retrieved the body when Kronk first told them.

George Anthony. I think GA's hesitation and failure to admit the simplest of facts led the jury to conclude there was an accident. I am beside myself at the verdict. If they decided there was no homicide, the jury did NOT perform their duties. They ignored ALL of the evidence in favor of NO evidence for an accident.

Jose.

His opening statement planted the seeds and the jurors bought it. They had the attention span and insight of gnats.

I think this jury was so closed minded that if the acquitted murderer had stood up in court and confessed they still would have found her not guilty.

I voted other. I think CA was the defense's most effective witness. Maybe you have to trace it back to her previous lies in deposition, and the fact that she was locked into them, but the picture she painted was not reality. She could have told the truth, because clearly perjury isn't a big concern for her. She was strategic, and she played everybody. May she reap the full benefits of having Casey back on the street.

ETA: Sorry, just saw the first post said non-Anthony. I don't know. I really didn't think the forensic defense experts were effective. I'm not even sure they swayed the jury.

I think the OS was the best witness even though it is not supposed to be used as evidence. The jurors chose to believe the defense OS as truth in what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back