Time to move on/How best to honor Caylee now *merged*

chckmate22

Verified 911 Dispatcher
Reaction score
I am sure this wont be a popular thread, but as most of you I am sickened by the verdict, but it is time for us as a group to stand up for another child the way we have for Caylee. There are so many missing and murdered children still out there, so in honor of her lets try to help another.

I dunno. Part of me wants to pack up and leave. I've been here a long time and followed one too many trials I guess. I'm not certain if I'm up emotionally for yet another one, especially if the outcome is anything like this one.

I'm having a very hard time right now trying to come to terms with this verdict. I had always hoped there would never be another OJ, but I feel this rivals that one.

I wanted the guilty party to pay the price for taking Caylee's life. I wanted to watch her reaction when a guilty verdict was read and I know there are many others here who followed this case from day 31 just as I that felt the same way.

I want to say no, but in my heart I know how difficult that would be for me. I guess I have some soul searching that I need to do.

Everything TallCoolOne says.

I am crushed. I want to move on but dont know how to do that. I am so very hurt by this one. Seeing Caylee's eyes looking back at me from her photos ... I am scared to follow another trial atm. I could not go through this again...

You are right, chckmate. It is time to move on. Why are we giving Casey another moment of our time when there are so many other cases with victims just as important as Caylee? And many of them will never get justice, just like Caylee. It's heartbreaking how many children are abused or murdered, or go missing never to be found. Sadly, even when the perp is charged, there is no guarantee justice will be served.

It's time to make Casey old news.

But really how are we helping? I dont mean to be a debbie downer, but it didnt help Caylee. We have no control over trial cases. Now missing people, yes, we can help, but if a prep goes to trial there is nothing anyone can do but the lawyers, witnesses, and the jury.

I dunno. Part of me wants to pack up and leave. I've been here a long time and followed one too many trials I guess. I'm not certain if I'm up emotionally for yet another one, especially if the outcome is anything like this one.

I'm having a very hard time right now trying to come to terms with this verdict. I had always hoped there would never be another OJ, but I feel this rivals that one.

I wanted the guilty party to pay the price for taking Caylee's life. I wanted to watch her reaction when a guilty verdict was read and I know there are many others here who followed this case from day 31 just as I that felt the same way.

I want to say no, but in my heart I know how difficult that would be for me. I guess I have some soul searching that I need to do.

I agree with you and like you I have followed this case from the beginning- it has taken it toll- but I know that there are so many other beautiful children out there and just maybe we can help one of them really find justice. This case is disturbing sad and sickening, but that is not the fault of the others that are out there somewhere, alone with no one fighting for them. I am just trying to take a bad bad bad situation and turn it into a positive one

I am sure this wont be a popular thread, but as most of you I am sickened by the verdict, but it is time for us as a group to stand up for another child the way we have for Caylee. There are so many missing and murdered children still out there, so in honor of her lets try to help another.

That's a great sentiment and I'm sure that many, many members of this board will do just that.

But asking people to move on not one full day even after this shocking verdict is asking too much.

There are a lot of us very upset and just need some more time before we can move on. It's been such a huge shock.

But yes, a lovely sentiment.

MOO

BBM

There is a forum full of other cases and people standing up for the victims just as it's been on this case. Sure Caylee got lots of attention, but read some other cases and you will find just as much passion for justice. Time to move on? She has not even been sentenced yet...............

I'm still reeling. I'll allow myself to grieve and everybody else should too. It was a long 3 years and it feels like there's nothing to show for it.

I wanted to "move on" yesterday afternoon immediately after the verdict was read, but I guess I need a little more time to mourn because I woke up at 5:30 this morning thinking that it had all been an awful dream, and then feeling the emotional impact all over again once my head had cleared and I realized that it had not been a nightmare at all. Had to hop on WS to commiserate with those who are feeling as bad, if not worse, than I.

I think the choice to move on is an individual one.

But really how are we helping? I dont mean to be a debbie downer, but it didnt help Caylee. We have no control over trial cases. Now missing people, yes, we can help, but if a prep goes to trial there is nothing anyone can do but the lawyers, witnesses, and the jury.

This.

I agree with everything you are all saying and I apologize it was probably too soon. I will try to get a mod to delete this thread

I can't even explain how i'm feeling to friends and family because they don't get it. This will be old news to them in a day or two. I'm glad people here understand. I couldn't sleep last night.

I can't It's too early. I can't even begin to pick up daily life as i should. Oh man oh man

BBM

There is a forum full of other cases and people standing up for the victims just as it's been on this case. Sure Caylee got lots of attention, but read some other cases and you will find just as much passion for justice. Time to move on? She has not even been sentenced yet...............

I'm still reeling. I'll allow myself to grieve and everybody else should too. It was a long 3 years and it feels like there's nothing to show for it.

I think the choice to move on is an individual one.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

I agree with the original poster and had already reached that conclusion after a sleepless night turning the verdict over in my mind.

Fact is I don't like it but I know my husband is right when he tells me 'it's done - get over it' when I'm angry and upset about things that happen and can't change or otherwise have no control over.

It is done and, while I'm not over it exactly, I do recognise it's time to move on to something more productive and positive. The Casey Anthony circus will roll on for a time and she will revel in her dubious celebrity while it lasts but that's not my problem and I don't choose to dwell on it, subscribe to it or feed it any longer.

Thanks all for all the discussions, the info and the time spent interacting here in Caylee's forum.

I wish I could move on! I saw so much of my own family in this mess. I guess getting justice for caylee, in my mind, would be like seeing someone finally pay for all their wrong deeds and not get rewarded for them, like in my own family. But when I saw another person get what they wanted by being a cruel , disgusting, sociopathic human being, I lost it. I dont know how to deal. This was like my therapy I guess and now Im crushed cuz i no longer believe in good over evil, or truth over dishonesty, cuz its the good people that get victimized over and over. I never thought that I could be so emotional over this. Im just spent and hurt and shocked that there are more people in this world that are more like casey, instead of like you guys or me. Im seriously considering counseling, cuz its obvious im not over my own family issues and the world as we know it today doesnt help my thinking. Thank you guys for being here.

I echo the sentiments here and all over the board. Throughout the threads. BUT? Despite our feelings of let down? Our feelings of defeat? Despite out constant grieving for a child that is not even our own for now and future days? We can ALWAYS turn a negative into a positive. For Caley's sake. We have to dig deep into the recesses of our souls and hearts to do it? But I have faith in my Christian beliefs and values.

We are united in this and we can be the virtual hands if not literal hands all across this country that CAN carry on Caley's memory for other children. Just how we do that? I don't have the answers to. BUT for myself? I created a boycott A-media related page. Two of them in fact. I can find other ways to relieve my broken heart. I'm sure we all can. Together. Collectively. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back