Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

Will HHJP hold true to dealing with Jose Baez's discovery violations after this verdict?

If so, could this mean the end of his career even though Casey has been found Not Guilty?
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    Will HHJP hold true to dealing with Jose Baez's discovery violations after this verdict?

If so, could this mean the end of his career even though Casey has been found Not Guilty?
    I hope he does but I'm not holding my breath for it. IIRC the SAO was supposed to draft up the sanctions motion and submit it to HHJP at the end of the trial.

Since JA is retiring, who knows if anyone will pick up that ball and run with it.

They may all just want to move on and put this behind them.

Personally, I think that would be a shame if that happens. Baez not getting any sanctions for his obvious disrespect for the court systems, court rulings, etc. and then winning the case will only underline to him that sort of behavior is acceptable.

IMO
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

Worst that might happen is some type of letter reprimand, imo.

Won't amount to a hill of beans.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sleutherer For This Useful Post:

I don't know if HHJP will do anything or not. Over on the legal question thread, I believe the opinion is no. Even if he did, I don't know if it would amount to much more than a reprimand.

JB's career, even if reprimanded or worst case told he can't practice in Orange County for x amount of months, will go forward. This is a boon for him. Criminal defendants tend to take an attorney that has been in the news and won a big case, even if it is only one case. Some prefer an underhanded attorney, the guilty ones, and JB will fit the bill. The only thing that can go wrong is JB charging drastically inflated prices or losing a whole lot of cases in a row and it getting out in the media.
    Last edited by 21merc7; 07-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Will Jose Baez be held accountable and brought up on the Contempt Charges?

The one good thing that could still come out of this trial will be formal charges being brought against Jose Baez and his DT for contempt of court, misrepresenting the law, discovery violations, and generally disrespecting the court and it's procedures.

If Judge Belvin Perry does not follow through then it is my hope that the Florida Bar will investigate or do whatever it is they have to do to insure that this group is inspected with a fine tooth comb.

I am wondering if a class action suit could be brought by all of the innocent people who were defamed and falsely accused by this group. If so, I hope that will go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Will Jose Baez be held accountable and brought up on the Contempt Charges?

The one good thing that could still come out of this trial will be formal charges being brought against Jose Baez and his DT for contempt of court, misrepresenting the law, discovery violations, and generally disrespecting the court and it's procedures.

If Judge Belvin Perry does not follow through then it is my hope that the Florida Bar will investigate or do whatever it is they have to do to insure that this group is inspected with a fine tooth comb.

I am wondering if a class action suit could be brought by all of the innocent people who were defamed and falsely accused by this group. If so, I hope that will go forward.
    LOL! Funniest post of the day!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donnabert For This Useful Post:

Bill Clinton was proven, via DNA, to be a perjurer...and he did not lose his license completely.
    So, no beathe holding here either. But I am happy to know that at least three people got to the bar on this guy-HHJS, Dominic Casey and HHJP. That will prevent him from being elected to the bench or public office, IMO. Well, , seems anything can happen, doesn't it?

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Let's not forget the words straight from His Honors mouth:
    This court does not make threats.

I would assume since the promise of sanctions is in the court record, something must be done.

jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

I'm back but only because I have a new mission........
    One from Nov 2009 - The Motion filed by the defense re: Roy Kronk
    http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21674732/detail.html
    Page 4
    9) Despite the State's sole focus on herself, Miss Anthony
    has uncovered circumstantial evidence which tends to indicate that
    Ray M. Kronk, and not Miss Anthony, is equally as likely
    to be responsible for the death of Caylee Anthony.
    Even thought it goes on to say "while circumstantial in nature" The Defense claims Caylee died in July in the family pool.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/s110.htm
    According to this website, Attorney's can file pleadings,
    motions or other papers if:
    3) the allegations and other factual contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, are likely to have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery; and

4) the denials of factual contentions are warranted on the evidence or, if specifically so identified, are reasonably based on a lack of information or belief.
    I think 3 & 4 apply to Roy Kronk - and if these aren't true/factual then the Attorney can be Sanctioned
    Last edited by okiedokietoo; 07-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:

No.

Nor, apparently, does this judge believe he needs to follow the law and release the juror names.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
    No.

Nor, apparently, does this judge believe he needs to follow the law and release the juror names.
    He knows that there are 1,000's, 100,000's of people that would call them or show up on their doorstep right now
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:

I sure hope HHJP does. Otherwise JB will see that it is ok to continue to act like this with no repercussions.
    I am not a chemist. (Although I did start college as a chemistry major.)

21. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Miss Anarchy For This Useful Post:

He will pay whatever fine imposed on him gladly. He won a major high profile case I don't even think he thought he could do this good.

The drudge of society from the prison will line up to get him to represent him. He'll have plenty of business to offset his fine...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina2011 For This Useful Post:

Maybe the Judge will order Baez to Have Casey babysit for baez for a few weeks. I mean after all he knows he got a murdere off.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:

I think near the end of the trial JA also did some of the same type of discovery violations. The judge know this. I doubt he will do much to either side. Even if JB was sanctioned, it will not ruin his career. Attorneys push the envelope all the time, it is a minor violation with a minor sanction.
    “This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldenlover For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina2011 View Post
    He will pay whatever fine imposed on him gladly. He won a major high profile case I don't even think he thought he could do this good.
    The drudge of society from the prison will line up to get him to represent him. He'll have plenty of business to offset his fine...
    I don't think so either. He never paid KC's taxes out of her tax money. Guess he never thought the IRS would have a case. Surprise, surprise.... jmo

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?
    “This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to goldenlover For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlover View Post
    Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?
    He's dishonest and unethical. He lied in his opening statement. He tried to destroy two innocent people. He is an example of everything wrong with the legal system. He said there were "no winners" then goes out to drink champagne. Yes I would teach my kids to despise people who bring pain and misery to the world.
    Justice for GEORGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    He's dishonest and unethical. He lied in his opening statement. He tried to destroy two innocent people. He is an example of everything wrong with the legal system. He said there were "no winners" then goes out to drink champagne. Yes I would teach my kids to despise people who bring pain and misery to the world.
    I totally agree with you. He made up stories to create reasonable doubt. If we go with the "Caylee died in the pool" June 15/16 - he still went after everyone after that time frame. Roy Kronk should at least be able to sue Linda Kenney Baden for slander, when she said (when still a member of the DT) that there was as much evidence against him as the Murderer as their was against Casey. Semantics , I know, but how many people believe him to be involved in Caylee's murder because of the DT's lies.
    How do we find out if the Bar is checking out JB?

I don't think HHJBP has time for hate. I do believe he demands respect for the court and expects officers of the court to respect it as well. JB played fast and loose with the court during this entire circus. He was given chance after chance, warning after warning, clarification after clarification. And yet, those last few days tipped the scale, according to the judge. I believe he made it perfectly clear that Jose's chickens were going to come home to roost.
    Justice for CAYLEE

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokietoo View Post
    I totally agree with you. He made up stories to create reasonable doubt. If we go with the "Caylee died in the pool" June 15/16 - he still went after everyone after that time frame. Roy Kronk should at least be able to sue Linda Kenney Baden for slander, when she said (when still a member of the DT) that there was as much evidence against him as the Murderer as their was against Casey. Semantics , I know, but how many people believe him to be involved in Caylee's murder because of the DT's lies.
    How do we find out if the Bar is checking out JB?
    Not slander, it's civil...defamation of character....it's federal! And, I must say to the poster who wonders why everyone hates JB.....he just makes it too easy~

I mean, come on, the middle finger guy goes to jail, Casey gets acquitted...what are the odds? He was an extremely fair judge, I think...actually more so than he should have been so that she would get a fair trial. He did this in case of appeal & I fully believe he was as surprised as we were at the verdict. I've heard of drug dealers who gets more time than she did/does!
    "This ain't my first rodeo, Mr. Baez"

Where will Casey be when lightening strikes the third time....hmmm?

35. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to JusticeSeeker1960 For This Useful Post:

HHJP better make good on his sanctions on JB! It seems like the kid who gave the bird and the mentally ill woman are the ONLY people that received punishment during this circus trial.

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    I don't think HHJBP has time for hate. I do believe he demands respect for the court and expects officers of the court to respect it as well. JB played fast and loose with the court during this entire circus. He was given chance after chance, warning after warning, clarification after clarification. And yet, those last few days tipped the scale, according to the judge. I believe he made it perfectly clear that Jose's chickens were going to come home to roost.
    This ^

I don't hate Jose. I think he's an unusual person and a bad lawyer, but i don't exactly hate him. What I hate is when people like him make all lawyers and people who work in the field who do follow the rules look bad. He was warned time after time about his violations and he kept right on doing it. If Judge Perry doesn't follow through I will lose much respect for him.
    Last edited by robmom; 07-08-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: sorry...just realized I had name-called. my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeSeeker1960 View Post
    Not slander, it's civil...defamation of character....it's federal! And, I must say to the poster who wonders why everyone hates JB.....he just makes it too easy~

I mean, come on, the middle finger guy goes to jail, Casey gets acquitted...what are the odds? He was an extremely fair judge, I think...actually more so than he should have been so that she would get a fair trial. He did this in case of appeal & I fully believe he was as surprised as we were at the verdict. I've heard of drug dealers who gets more time than she did/does!
    BBM Thanks, I couldn't think of anything except slander

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast