Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbuc

Reaction score
ICA and JB will be multi-millionaires for sure, but what about GA, CA and RK? Think they will get a big payday? I'm sure there will be lots of blood money for everyone.

This thread post goes under the classification of - BE HAPPY YOU ARE WRONG."

No disrespect intended here.

The court of public opinion is going to leave all these people penniless in the not too far future. And the sooner the better!

I have a feeling ICA and JB won't get big money out of this. They will do a few interviews that will pay well. But as for book and movie deals, they might not be seen as bankable commodities to publishers, producers, and studios.

Marcia Clark a few nights back on JVM stated that she believes there is too much disdain for Casey with the American public. She said that talks of boycotts could make some publishers not view Casey as a bankable commodity. Yesterday on HLN, JVM, Lisa Bloom and Mark Nejame made the similar statements. JVM said that Casey might not look like a trustworthy writer to publishers because she a long history of being lying.

Since the James Frey controversy that happened several years ago, publishers are careful when dealing with people that are publishing memoirs or types of non-ficition books. I know people who work in the publishing industry and they said publishers sometimes conduct background checks or they do crosschecking of the incidents written in the books. Some non-fiction authors take those very seriously. Cupcake Brown the author of Piece of Cake which is a memoir of how she was once gang member and drug addict and she eventually became a lawyer. Brown said in interviews that she feared problems happening with her book because of the Frey incident. She hired a PI the things she wrote about it and a few things couldn't be verified. Brown did say that her past drug use probably made her get dates wrong.

Recently, Laura Hillenbrand who wrote the bio of WWII POW Lou Zamperini, said that she spends good amounts of hours crosschecking and verifying facts. She even admitted that were a few things Zamperini told her that didn't sound too believable but later on she found proof of his claims.

Casey as mentioned before has a deep history of lying. Publishers could easily access the tons of documents that have been made public and they will see that there were people interviewed by LE that testify in court. Some of those people talked about incidents of Casey lying to them . The defense about the drowning has holes. Also the accusations against George and Lee can't be proven. I could see publishers not wanting to publish anything because they could fear George or Lee suing them.

Big name publishers might not to get themselves involved with Casey. Another reason for publishers rejecting Casey is the economy. Right now the publishing and entertainment industries are being more careful about what they invest in because they won't lose money or add to other ongoing financial problems.

Casey's "memoir" could get picked up by smaller publisher. But I can see that publisher only setting a small number for the initial printing. Another option for Casey or the DT is self publishing which could work if they were to release their books in the e-book format at a cheap price.

As for movie deals, I think there is a good chance that Casey might not get a movie deal. There were celebrities outraged about the verdict. Some of them were A-listers. Yesterday it was mentioned that Paradigm which signed and then dropped Baez, actually did it because one of their clients was upset that Baez didn't give he or she the first interview.

Celebrities and other public figures could aid in the boycotts against Casey and the DT.

If the outrage continues as it has been since the verdict, I don't see them as being able to make a lot of money. Whoever endorses them will come under a lot of attack at this point.

I think people will buy Cindy's book.

ICA will get $$ for the Lifetime movie (but really, how much would that bring in?), a reality show (if it follows her from day one of release), and interviews. I don't think anyone would buy the book.

I don't think anyone is going to get any sort of Hollywood money - just enough to make me sick but not enough to live forever on.

ETA: ICA might write a book 10 years from now that a lot of people might read. Remember Amy Fisher's book that came out like 15 years later?

I don't think they are going to make much money at all if any. none of them including the jury. I know that many people are boycotting any of their efforts and I hope people here are too. I know on FB there are alot of posts re boycotting anyone that pays them any $$ for tv, movies, books or interviews. I hope people feel this way for a long long time. Who would believe anything KC says anyway? And who wants to make Baez rich for defending a murderer?

actually I think the public outrage is speaking volumes. Every time there is the hint of some sort of offer it is IMMEDIATELY retracted. Even a talent agent for JB dropped him after signing. I think any company that associates with Casey and Co. would be committing career suicide

we're unleashing the dogs called BOYCOTT. they aint making a dang thing like they think.

and don't forget all of the people after KC for money. The state alone is looking for upwards of 500k and I'm sure they'll get it. then there's the IRS and civil suits.

IMO I think KC and JB will go there separate ways over the $$$ issues

I don't think they will make a lot of money. The American public is outraged, and now with all the social media there is a place to vent and let their voices be heard. There are already several "Boycott Casey" campaigns on Twitter and several groups on FB as well. As other posters have already mentioned a lot of celebs are not happy about the verdict.

Due to the economy, people are not spending a lot of money on books, movies, etc as much as they did 5-6 years ago. If film companies/publishers view a possible project involving ICA being not profitable, they won't take it, plus books are now leaked as PDF files. Wasn't OJ's "If I Did It" book leaked online a few months before it was supposed to be released? I read somewhere that the book didn't sell well.

If Jeff Ashton, Linda Drane Burdick, Yuri Melich or any of the LE involved with this case write a book, that's one I would def. buy.

:rocker: :crazy:The I.R.S. :crazy: :rocker:​

and don't forget all of the people after KC for money. The state alone is looking for upwards of 500k and I'm sure they'll get it. then there's the IRS and civil suits.

IMO I think KC and JB will go there separate ways over the $$$ issues

I think money issues will cause a falling out between KC and her beloved attorney Jose. JB is probably pissed that he got dropped from Paradigm. I don't think he will have much luck trying to get another agency to represent him. Even though he won this case, the defense story still doesn't look good to a lot of people.

When KC has to deal with IRS and if ZFG wins the civil suit, I can see KC blaming Jose, Charles Greene or other attorneys for not helping her win in court.

ICA and JB will be multi-millionaires for sure, but what about GA, CA and RK? Think they will get a big payday? I'm sure there will be lots of blood money for everyone.

I don't think either one of them will end up multi-millionaires. At all.

I just hope the public's memory isn't too short and the outrage continues. Face it, the public has a very short attention span. She might not be able to publish a book and make money today but how about 5 years from now? However, that does beg the question of how will she live until then!

Let's face it! When the *advertiser censored* industry and Jerry Springer reject you, your prospects are pretty dismal!

I'd like George to write a book called "Life With Cindy".

I think Lee would make millions ...

I also wait for Yuri's book...that one will be so interesting..

I totally think Casey's book will sell - even if we know there will be lies in it - in general, people are still curious about how Casey ticks... I know I will buy her book.. well, read it anyway :) I'd rather borrow the book than buy the book - but I will read it.

I'm really not interested in what Cindy has to say - I have a severe problem with Cindy .. out of all of them, it is her that I dislike the most.... no clue why... just do...

Oh, and I think Tricia should make a book - using the info from this forum - I think nsome people in this forum worked just as hard as PT and the DT -
Tricia can donate the money from the book to charity.!

Oh, and I think Tricia should make a book - using the info from this forum - I think nsome people in this forum worked just as hard as PT and the DT -
Tricia can donate the money from the book to charity.!

I believe someone mentioned this on another post*! They were saying that since there is such a wealth of knowledge here at WS we could just as easily publish a book and list it on Amazon for cheap so it would take away greatly from the A's gaining anything and spread to a wider audience. And would more than likely be more truthful than anything they have to say anyway!

A thought occurred to me that in doing this we could maybe set it up with 2 or 3 of the main theories here that (by poll vote) we most agree with? IDK I think that's just so interesting and I love to write too so I'm up for any transcription that may be needed or docs. collected! lol!

*Credit to ColdDayIn for a great idea! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6879087&postcount=581"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)[/ame]

At this point I'm wondering which one is going to go after royalties from the newly released song "She's going Places"? http://www.theboot.com/2011/07/08/song-for-caylee-anthony-shes-going-places/
I really hope one of them does, because that would pretty much give them a one way ticket to a deserted Island...they would without a doubt be despised by all of America, even the hold outs who defend the verdict.

I do know one theroy I like that was posted somewhere on here - it is the one where Cindy and Casey DID get into the physical fight.

I don't believe they will get rich. No one can believe any thing either one of them say.

No one needs to pay them to write a book or make a movie.
Just one of those change the names to protect the innocent kind and we would all know who it was and pass the word.

No one is interested in a common drowning cover up or one more murderer
crying abuse.

Heck this gang here at WS could put together a fantastic fact based book in no time flat and donate any proceeds to TM. That I would pay alot for.

If you notice the agent that dummped JB listed his buddy GR as a client HA-HA-HA !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni