Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    We do have power.

What I have read on Twitter and Facebook confirms that.

Let's face it, so much of us put so much energy into following this case for three years and this past week we have been devastated while the devil does dance.

However, while we had no control over the testimony or the jury decision we do have consumer power.

Money talks and mine won't be speaking if it has to do with the Anthonys, the DT, or the jurors. I will also be letting anybody know such as Simon and Shuster how I feel about their endorsements.

So websleuthers, take to twitter, facebook, any outlet you can and let your opinion be known.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Italy View Post
    I thought this was funny & thought I'd pass it on.

A friend of mine told me that his family had planned a 2 week vacation in Clearwater later this year but after the Casey Anthony verdict had decided they wanted no part of Pinellas county.

He called the resort and the person he spoke with told him that everyone there was shocked by the verdict and that it did not represent the majority of thought in Clearwater nor in Pinellas county. He wasn't convinced.

After seeing on TV about the Skyline Chili boycott of the jurors, however, they changed their minds about canceling and rebooked their original reservation.

Good job Skyline!
    Great story ! It's a beautiful thing when people speak with their wallets as well as their mouths.

Hadn't heard about Skyline Chili. I'll call that location to let them know they'll have new customers when we head down to Florida.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...kyline/1179343

4. The Following User Says Thank You to downport For This Useful Post:

Many people have already made a ton of money off the back of this case. How many commercials interrupted the trial on the TV stations? How much money were each of those legal experts paid to be on NG or Dr. Drew or whatever????? I guess it's been okay for all of them to make a ton of money from sensationalizing the death of a child and the trial. Whatever anyone else makes will be peanuts in comparison. MOO

I think KC will make a huge one time chunk of money for an exclusive interview with someone after she leaves jail. People mag. possible. She has alot of debt to pay, the best we can hope for is most of her proceeds get sucked up in what she owes. Maybe CA will write a book and make some money, it probably wont be huge but hey, these people dont work so they are probably happy for any of it. I agree with the posters about JB...he will make some money, get big cases, maybe write a book. I think its possible KC will get big bucks to sell her story for a TV movie or whatever. They will make money..I believe that.
    All comments are my opinion or observations only.

Quote Originally Posted by gladiatorqueen View Post
    Many people have already made a ton of money off the back of this case. How many commercials interrupted the trial on the TV stations? How much money were each of those legal experts paid to be on NG or Dr. Drew or whatever????? I guess it's been okay for all of them to make a ton of money from sensationalizing the death of a child and the trial. Whatever anyone else makes will be peanuts in comparison. MOO
    Who did NG or Dr. Drew kill? Did they lie or any way support a killer? While I agree they have profited and maybe sensationalized the story to compare them to Casey or those who supported her is a HUGE stretch to say the least.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sappysoul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
    I think KC will make a huge one time chunk of money for an exclusive interview with someone after she leaves jail. People mag. possible. She has alot of debt to pay, the best we can hope for is most of her proceeds get sucked up in what she owes. Maybe CA will write a book and make some money, it probably wont be huge but hey, these people dont work so they are probably happy for any of it. I agree with the posters about JB...he will make some money, get big cases, maybe write a book. I think its possible KC will get big bucks to sell her story for a TV movie or whatever. They will make money..I believe that.
    People magazine has already said they will NOT pay Casey. They clearly said they are fearful of a boycott.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sappysoul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gladiatorqueen View Post
    And that is how we all got the first hand info from the trial. That and the sunshine law. If Vander Sloot is ever prosecuted I hope they all can do the same with his trial. How would you ever pick up a newspaper or watch 6 o'clock news and get enough information. The problem I think for most everyone is the lying the family did and it is all on the internet what is the reason to write a book. We can come online and read exactly what someone said verbatim and watch it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmygarden For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sappysoul View Post
    People magazine has already said they will NOT pay Casey. They clearly said they are fearful of a boycott.
    Congratulations People magazine.
    Congratulations Jerry Springer.
    Congratulations Skyline Chili

And congratulations to all the other venues who are fearful of a boycott. I too will boycott - not only the organization that is paying but, to the degree possible, all the advertisers associated (and I suspect I am far from alone).

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Italy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sappysoul View Post
    Who did NG or Dr. Drew kill? Did they lie or any way support a killer?
    Where in my post did I say that?

While I agree they have profited and maybe sensationalized the story to compare them to Casey or those who supported her is a HUGE stretch to say the least.
    Again, where in my post did I compare them to Casey or those who supported her?

I didn't.

I merely pointed out a fact that media outlets have made a ton of money from this case and trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Italy View Post
    Congratulations People magazine.
    Congratulations Jerry Springer.
    Congratulations Skyline Chili

And congratulations to all the other venues who are fearful of a boycott. I too will boycott - not only the organization that is paying but, to the degree possible, all the advertisers associated (and I suspect I am far from alone).
    While I can applaud People Magazine and Jerry Springer, I most certainly cannot applaud Skyline Chili.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gladiatorqueen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygarden View Post
    And that is how we all got the first hand info from the trial. That and the sunshine law. If Vander Sloot is ever prosecuted I hope they all can do the same with his trial. How would you ever pick up a newspaper or watch 6 o'clock news and get enough information. The problem I think for most everyone is the lying the family did and it is all on the internet what is the reason to write a book. We can come online and read exactly what someone said verbatim and watch it.
    Hey, I agree with the importance of journalism, but please let's not confuse Dr. Drew and NG with ethical journalism. What a crock!

Last edited by Italy; 07-10-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: None

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygarden View Post
    With open records and new technology, knowledge of the evidence in this case was not limited to a small group of elites, including lawyers, judges and the jury. Actually, more information and keen analysis was available on the the internet and from media outlets that took advantage of the new tech than was available in the courtroom and those interested from the beginning had 3 years to process it all and come to really informed decisions. I think the future is here and the court system, over time, will have to adapt. As offensive as this all is to at least one lawyer involved in the KC case and a few talking heads going after some of their fellow talking heads, these changes are for the best and here to stay. The system shouldn't be keeping this information to itself. Through cases like this, the general public gets a window in to see how OUR legal system is working. That's valuable knowledge for anyone who believes in our constitution and wants for our country's systems to keep evolving so that we REALLY will have the best legal system in the world! "We the people" watching the government and changing it if necessary it vital to our freedoms.

Hopefully, the defense won't turn much of a profit. No jury member ever should, although we should be paying jurors, particularly in high profile cases, a good amount, enough to defray most financial hardship in order that fewer must be excluded. I don't mind the media making money if they are also providing accurate, fact based analysis and providing trial coverage people flock to see. Might but a book by Jeff Ashton or Yuri....

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:

JB IMO, did a terrible job, put on a lousy defense. He was only successful because the jury couldn't see beyond their noses, IMO. I don't think too many intelligent defendants will want to put their lives in JB's hands. I for one would never choose him, unless he was the last lawyer left in the world. So as a consequence, I just don't see JB making nearly what he thought he would make on Caylee's death.

ICA, IMO will do much worse because people hate her, and I think a boycott is coming.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to USARDOG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by downport View Post
    Borrowing this post from the "Current News" thread;

it's an interesting article but I nearly gagged when it gets to the part about ABC News. It seems ABC 'News' gave the juror who appeared an all expense paid vacation to Disney. THIS IS APPALLING.

Don't wish to skirt any rules here so I will merely say ABC will be notified of how I feel about this disgrace act.

I wonder what will be on this jurors mind walking among scores of little girls both the age Caylee would be now & the age she was when she was murdered. Will this juror still enjoy the profit earned of the murder of a child ?
    BBM
    It won't affect them, they think she accidentally died (drowned?) like countless other children in this world. I think this Jury thought they were on Big Brother... be sequestered for a couple months, enjoy the perks that come alone with it, and then make a vote and go home and fatten up their wallets.

"It is not a Justice System. It is just a system." ~Bob Enyart

"It is certain, in any case, that ignorance is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."
    James A. Baldwin AMEN. We saw that on 7-5-11.

Rest In Peace, Caylee Marie Anthony. You are in a better place

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serjen For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast