1184 users online (230 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AR - Steve Reed, 48, Austin, 24 June 2011

Steve is a husband and father. He went out with friends the night of 6/23/11. His wife, Rachelle, says she was able to reach him at 9am 6/24/11 but it was a short call. He said he was having car trouble and would call her back and then hung up.

copied from link---------
    Investigators from the Lonoke County Sheriff's Office traced Steve's phone to Greenbriar in Faulkner County. The Dodge Durango he was driving was found abandoned on the side of Highway 65 on the north edge of town. It was out of gas.

Witnesses told police a man driving the abandoned SUV was picked up by a white car that headed back into town.

Asked if her husband left on his own, Reed shook her head.

"No, no. He had no reason," she said. "I mean, there's just no reason he wouldn't come home. We weren't having marital problems. We were not having any tough problems... Our marriage was good. The kids were good. Life was good."
    -------end of copy

http://arkansasmatters.com/search-fu...?nxd_id=438997

I'm a little over an hour away, so I'm not local, but it is my local news. I saw it and found the facebook page and then contacted his wife who asked me to start this post. If anything-this will get the word out even further and well I'm a little biased toward this site. I've seen you all do some amazing things. I hope someone can provide some help on this case.

facebook link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...41586599186506

local news link

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=163335

Another man missing

Michael Smith 26 years old went missing June 6, 2011 from Cabot, Ark. He left home to go to a job interview and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

I mention this because Cabot and Greenbriar are only 27 miles apart.
    I haven't checked to see if he is listed on WS but I noticed it when I looked at the link for Steve Reed. Michael was listed at the bottom of the page.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

wow that is strange....gonna see if i can find more about him...thanks

Another Arkansas Man missing

I have added Michael Smith to WS. I don't have much information at this point but hopefully others will.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

AR - Steve Reed - 48 years old - Lonoke County - 24-Jun-2011

http://www.katv.com/story/15088146/f...missing-father

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 11:48 AM EDT
    Updated: Jul 15, 2011 11:46 PM EDT
    By Katherina Yancy

Family Asking for Help Searching for Missing Father

I read that Mr. Reed hasn't used his cell phone or his debit card since he went missing, which doesn't sound good. It is a very weird and unfortunate situation. It almost reminds me of the case of Matthew Pendergrast, who drove over to Lonoke County AR from Memphis TN, one day in 2000. Mr. Pendergrast's vehicle and clothing were found in a wildlife management area, not far from I-40, with no note or explanation for his absence. He was never seen or heard from again. I hope Steve Reed's and Michael Smith's cases turn out differently. I hope they both are found soon.

Reed is described as a white male with graying, blonde hair and a goatee with moustache. He is 5-feet-7 and weighs about 170 pounds. He also walks with a limp. Anyone that may have seen him or has any information as to his whereabouts is asked to contact the Lonoke Sheriff’s Department at 501-676-3000.

http://thecabin.net/news/local/2011-...rch-greenbrier
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Searchers look for missing man

A small group of searchers fanned out near Greenbrier on Saturday to search for signs of Steve Reed, 48, of Austin in Lonoke County who was last seen in June when he left home to get a tire repaired.

More: http://thecabin.net/news/local/2011-...n#.TiJrcIKwW_M

Different stories??

Maybe I am missing something, but we seem to have two different stories about this gentleman's disappearance. The original news story linked on this thread's first post states that, according to his wife, he went out with friends. Subsequent to that she made contact with him by cell phone for "20 seconds" when he told her he was having car trouble and hung up on her. This latest news story indicates he was last seen (by her?) leaving his home to get a tire fixed and his car was found in Greenbrier instead of his intended destination of Cabot. Such drastically different stories...why?

In reading the news articles about Steve and his disappearance,
    Questions I have:

who did he go out with June 23?
    was it his usual friends?
    where did they go?
    what do they have to say?
    what time did they all leave?
    did he go to one of their homes to spend the night?
    why June 23? It was a Thurs.night.

does his credit card show he paid for dinner or drinks that night?

if he was headed to get his car tire fixed, wouldn't he have noticed he was low on gas?

He is said to have been sighted in his car, and a white car pulled up and he left in that car headed back into town. So, where is the nearest security camera?
    The news reports say the car was found on the north edge of town.

He has been missing over 3 weeks and that is a long time without anyone hearing from him.
    Hoping he could be found safe and sound.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

"No, no. He had no reason," she said. "I mean, there's just no reason he wouldn't come home. We weren't having marital problems. We were not having any tough problems... Our marriage was good. The kids were good. Life was good."

http://arkansasmatters.com/search-fu...?nxd_id=438997

She is speaking in the past tense.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I don't blame her for speaking in the past tense. That used to be a sign of guilt, I think that's pretty much been debunked.

I don't think he's in the "past" thought. It seems highly likely he ran off for some reason. "Hundreds" of dollars in his wallet? Really? He pretty much hung up on her and said he was having car trouble - really? That would be the point where you say "I need to be picked up" "Can you bring a full gas can", whatever.

It sounds extremely hopeful that he is safe somewhere, and has chosen to leave. Men his age who live normal successful family lives don't run out of gas. That's what people living on the edge, or young people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydoc View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but we seem to have two different stories about this gentleman's disappearance. The original news story linked on this thread's first post states that, according to his wife, he went out with friends. Subsequent to that she made contact with him by cell phone for "20 seconds" when he told her he was having car trouble and hung up on her. This latest news story indicates he was last seen (by her?) leaving his home to get a tire fixed and his car was found in Greenbrier instead of his intended destination of Cabot. Such drastically different stories...why?
    Ladydoc, I agree. There are clearly two different stories here. It seems impossible to believe that sloppy reporting is responsible - these are two completely different accounts.

1. he went out with friends and she didn't see him since the day before. He answered the phone at 9 a.m. and had a terse conversation where he hung up on her, saying he was having car troubles.

2. he was taking her SUV somewhere to get a tire fixed, and he called her saying he was having car troubles, and lied about where he was at the time.

I can't tell what in the world to believe here. The facebook page has virtually no information. Except we're praying for you.

I posted asking about the difference in the two stories on the fb page...I'll post here if/when someone answers!

Did his wife call his work number to see if he was still employed there?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast