Murdoch calls allegations against his paper 'deplorable'

Reaction score
Did a British newspaper called the news of the world hacking into the voicemail messages of a missing girl in England Called Milly Dowler who was killer by a serial killer.

According to reports in the united kingdom the news of the world newspaper which is owned by news international and Rupert Murdoch interfered in a police investigation of a missing school girl who went missing on her way home fro school and during her time been missing this newspaper hacked into the voicemail on her mobile phone to listen to family and friends concerns her whereabouts and urging her to return home due to the fact some of her messages were been deleted by the newspaper in a case of hampering the police case and added cost to the British tax payer and with rumours that the same newspaper was involved in targeting this family and another family of another girl who was killed by ian huntley in soham cambridge england makes you wonder what are the media doing when reporting and investigating crimes stories.

this is a link concerning this issue please read it as this is stunning http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14017661

from martin in Leicester England

Thanks for starting this thread. NoW's actions were despicable.

I cannot understand where do newspapers go to this length just for rating as mobile fone hacking in the uk is becoming britains dirty little secret that is blurring how close the newspapers are with the police and politicians

This is crazy. Here's a chart/list of the many people involved or victimized by NoW phone hacking.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12296392

You'd think that by hacking all those phones, NoW would be the most accurate paper ever, but they're one of the least reliable. I thought they just make their stories up. Aren't they the ones that sometimes headline the doings of Batboy?

ETA Never mind. Batboy is the creation of Weekly World News.

We all thought this was only targeting TV stars, SPORT stars, Movie stars the rich and powerful including members of parliament but now its involves normal people with normal lives who have had there world collapse with the disappearing of there daughter i just hope this is the end and not the beginning of rupert murdoch and news international time in the united kingdom as its seems this group has lost all creditably to operate in my country

its been confirmed that the newspaper also added credit to her pay as you go mobile fone so it could continue listening and deleting the voicemail messages of this murdered school girl was still missing and the own of news international in the uk was editor at that time was also involved in helping create sarah laws if she knew what was happening then her policy for child safety concerning sex offenders has been damaged completely she should resign today if not then be sacked by mr murdoch

She won't resign though will she? and now it is alleged that the Soham girl's parents phones were hacked too.

All Rebekah Brooks can do is pass the buck, she should resign in shame. This happened on her watch.

To add to the grief of these parents is sadistic and abusive

ford motor company in the uk have banned all adverts in any newspapers owned by news international and other major companies in the uk are considering there own options.

Also the house of commons will be debating this issue on wednesday for 3 hours concerning this issue.

hugh grant the movie star as said to the bbc earlier today that he recorded a interview with a former news of the world reporter who told him what was going on concerning the milly dowler phone hacking and also the soham murders he also suggested that the police in the uk have failed the public.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/06/uk.phonehacking/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

By Richard Allen Greene, CNN
July 6, 2011 9:40 p.m. EDT

London (CNN) -- Media baron Rupert Murdoch broke his silence on a scandal swirling around his flagship British tabloid newspaper Wednesday, calling allegations that journalists illegally hacked into the voice mails of murder and terrorism victims "deplorable and unacceptable."...

...Initial complaints about hacking came from politicians and celebrities, but the story took a new turn Tuesday with the accusation that the paper hacked into the voice mails of the murdered girl.

"The family are completely horrified. They thought this was all over" after the disappearance of Milly Dowler in 2002 and the conviction of a man for her murder this year, Dowler family lawyer Mark Lewis said Tuesday.

But in April, police told the Dowlers that journalists had hacked into their phones and those of their daughter, he said.

Journalists deleted some of Milly Dowler's messages to make space for more, thus giving her parents hope she was still alive when she was dead, Lewis said....

If you believe Murdoch didn't know about this and didn't condone it then you probably think KC is not guilty. JMO

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/06/uk.phonehacking.explainer/index.html?iref=NS1

Hacking scandal exposes secrets at Murdoch's tabloid
By Peter Wilkinson, CNN
July 6, 2011 2:48 p.m. EDT

London (CNN) -- In 2005, the best-selling weekly UK tabloid News of the World published a seemingly mundane story about Prince William injuring his knee.

It was just another exclusive for a newspaper that had made its reputation on hard-hitting exclusives, often exposing the embarrassments of celebrities and politicians.

Britain's newspaper culture which developed around London's Fleet Street, nicknamed the "Street of Shame" by satirical magazine Private Eye, has long been based on cut-throat competition and dirty dealings -- anything goes if you can land the big story.

But this scoop was different from the others. Royal officials realised that it could only have been sourced by the illegal interception of Prince William's mobile phone voicemail, and complained to the police....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/06/uk.phonehacking/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

By Richard Allen Greene, CNN
July 6, 2011 9:40 p.m. EDT

London (CNN) -- Media baron Rupert Murdoch broke his silence on a scandal swirling around his flagship British tabloid newspaper Wednesday, calling allegations that journalists illegally hacked into the voice mails of murder and terrorism victims "deplorable and unacceptable."...

...Initial complaints about hacking came from politicians and celebrities, but the story took a new turn Tuesday with the accusation that the paper hacked into the voice mails of the murdered girl.

"The family are completely horrified. They thought this was all over" after the disappearance of Milly Dowler in 2002 and the conviction of a man for her murder this year, Dowler family lawyer Mark Lewis said Tuesday.

But in April, police told the Dowlers that journalists had hacked into their phones and those of their daughter, he said.

Journalists deleted some of Milly Dowler's messages to make space for more, thus giving her parents hope she was still alive when she was dead, Lewis said....

If you believe Murdoch didn't know about this and didn't condone it then you probably think KC is not guilty. JMO

wow....really?

the non Rupert Murdoch owned media is delighting in the kicking the Murdoch empire is getting, as is much of the country, for far too long politicians, prime ministers, the polics, the judicairy have been scared to challenge him for fear he would turn his hacks onto them,

at long last some of them (even if it is in self interest) are asking questions, and lifting the lid on his newspapers and what they have done

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/08/uk.phonehacking/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Former Cameron aide arrested, then released in phone hacking case
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 8, 2011 4:08 p.m. EDT

London (CNN) -- A former editor for the News of the World was released without charge Friday by British police hours after he had been taken into custody, but was told to report back to police in October.

Andy Coulson was arrested earlier Friday in connection with allegations of phone hacking and corruption in a case that promises to be a growing political liability for Prime Minister David Cameron, whom Coulson had served as press secretary.

"I came in today voluntarily as I have been offering to do in the last few months," Coulson told reporters outside Lewisham Police station. "There is an awful lot I would like to say but I can't."...

I cannot understand where do newspapers go to this length just for rating as mobile fone hacking in the uk is becoming britains dirty little secret that is blurring how close the newspapers are with the police and politicians

Don't think it's only in Britain. Here in America dirty tactics by Murdoch's crew have influenced the opinions of people. His media empire, IMO, doesn't report news but rather supports his ideology.

We all thought this was only targeting TV stars, SPORT stars, Movie stars the rich and powerful including members of parliament but now its involves normal people with normal lives who have had there world collapse with the disappearing of there daughter i just hope this is the end and not the beginning of rupert murdoch and news international time in the united kingdom as its seems this group has lost all creditably to operate in my country

BBM

Unfortunately, I doubt it. There will be a lot of indignation and RM will disavow any knowledge of these things and then it will disappear as soon as the next scandal pops up and things will go back to normal for them. NoW will just change it's name to something else and do a little shakeup and call itself reformed. JMO

I don't think targeting the rich and powerful is ok, unless they are suspected of a crime. Woodward and Bernstein did investigative reporting that led to the unwrapping of the Watergate scandal. As far as I know they never broke any laws though. Somehow, I get the feeling that true justice was not the intent of these tactics. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back