1234 users online (222 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thank You Mods

Sorry to break the "ask before starting a new thread" rule, but it seemed silly to ask if we could say THANK YOU to all our wonderful mods.

We know this is as emotional for you as it is for us. We know we've made your job interesting in these past few days to say the least. And after tomorrow, I can't say I don't expect more high emotions. You've all done a great job in allowing people the space to vent while still keeping some level of sanity around here. And it's not unnoticed.

Anyone else want to show some love and support for our mods?

I do! I'm glad this website is here, and that it's moderated so well. Thank you to everyone who makes this possible.

Quote Originally Posted by saffron View Post
    i do! I'm glad this website is here, and that it's moderated so well. Thank you to everyone who makes this possible.
    ditto

Where is the info about not starting new threads? I just tried to start one twice. poor mods. I didn't see this request anywhere. sorry.

It takes a special person to do their job..........I would have banned us all by now. Thanks ya'll. This place has been nuts for almost two days and I figure tomorrow will be just as bad, but I'm giving you your Christmas bonus early......it looks like I have to work tomorrow, so that's on less big mouth for you to worry about.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
    Where is the info about not starting new threads? I just tried to start one twice. poor mods. I didn't see this request anywhere. sorry.
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143629"]Enter new thread ideas here! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Currently, new threads cannot be started in Caylee's forum without mod approval. Use the search feature to find a current thread with your topic in it. Most of the requests we've gotten have been to open new threads that are already open.

Here's a link on how to use the search feature: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70221"]Forum Search Tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From the bottom of my <broken> heart, I want to thank Tricia and all of our incredible moderators here for all that you do. I don't know how I would have gotten through this without having WS to come to. You go above and beyond and I love you all for that!

Great big thanks for all the hard work all of our Mod's do on this site. Thank you Websleuths and for giving us a sane place to post without fear of attack. Love this site and all the classy smart caring folk's who post here.

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    It takes a special person to do their job..........I would have banned us all by now. Thanks ya'll. This place has been nuts for almost two days and I figure tomorrow will be just as bad, but I'm giving you your Christmas bonus early......it looks like I have to work tomorrow, so that's on less big mouth for you to worry about.
    LOL teh All of our members are valued and we appreciate You and everyone who participates. Every single member has something to share and we wouldn't have this high paying moderator job without you all. xoxo

Thanks so much for all you do. I know the last two days have been difficult. I love WS and appreciate being able to voice my opinion.

A proud decedent of The Declaration of Independence signer.

Dear Mods,

I am so very sorry for the raw emotions I have had since the verdict. Another poster pointed out to me tonight that something I said caused them to consider going back to lurking. I can't tell you how eye opening this was for me. I would never mean to do this intentionally to anyone, no matter their opinions.
    I am very disappointed in myself but am so very thankful that it was pointed out to me tonight so that I was forced to sit back and truly think about how much I truly do value every member here.

You all are feeling the same as the rest of us here, you are angry and hurt too and I realize tonight that you have not have time to post your feelings about this because you are too busy warning us that no matter what, Websleuths stands for so much more. Please accept my apologies and know that I love you all, appreciate you all and think of you all as my family..
    Justice For Caylee Marie

There isn't a way I can type the right words on here that expresses how concerned I've been for all of you that have spent hours and hours following this case. Yesterday Tricia and I spoke on the phone about how much it hurts us to see you all so upset.

That's all the words I have right now. I wish I could write something that could help each one of you. Just know that all the mods do care very much about your anguish.

I'd like to add my thanks to the mods too! They've all done an outstanding job, especially with the high volume of traffic here in the wake of the verdict.

My posts are my opinion..........

I want to add my thanks to the chorus. Thank God for this place and those that keep it healthy for us. Many of us would have lost our marbles without a place to vent and sometimes to just read. Thanks Thanks Thanks.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    The last two days here have proven to me why I love WS and our posters so very much.

Many of us felt blindsided by the verdict in this case. Others of us saw it coming.

There has been plenty of confusion, plenty of sniping, plenty of heartache.

But this group of people has for the most part been...

- willing and able to agree to disagree respectfully,
    - willing and able to work through our emotions together,
    - willing and able to listen to one another and learn from each other.

Have there been breakdowns and disagreements? Hell yes. What else would one expect when over 1000 people (and sometimes 4000 people) come together to discuss some current event?

But listen.

Each and every one of you is a significant part of what makes WebSleuths what it is.
    Thank you for sharing yourselves, thank you for building this community, thank you for being you.

(And thank you for thanking the mods. )
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast