2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Hi guys! :heartluv: :grouphug: :heartbeat:

This is really important. Listen up. Please.

I GET IT. Really, I do. Many of us are devastated. Disappointed. Crushed. Disillusioned. Confused. Sad. And, not the least of which....ANGRY.

Obviously the mods have allowed HUGE stretches of leeway and allowed everyone to VENT. 2 days of "spill your guts time", with practical immunity from moderation. We've been here together for 3 years and, for so many of us, this verdict hurt like hell. There is no other way to put it. So, please know that we "get it".

That said, I got on here last night and cried when I saw what was happening in many of the threads. I didn't recognize this forum. Fighting between posters, unfounded accusations against some of the players - witnesses, attorneys and even the Judge Perry... This forum was littered with rumors and a pure mean spirit was hanging over it. It broke my heart. :cry:

WE ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW THAT VERDICT TO TRASH THIS FORUM. You guys don't want that either. It is just not worth it. It just isn't. We all need to calm down. We need to think about what we are saying, how we are saying it. If you're feeling too upset, step away from the keyboard for a few minutes. The forum will still be here when you get back and you will probably be in a better mindset to be posting.

Here is the deal -
This is NOT a courtroom where someone gets to spin their latest wild-haired theory of the minute and accuse presumably innocent people of nefarious things WITHOUT ANY FACTS TO BACK IT UP. So, the next time I see some random accusations like I saw last night (ex. Judge Perry accepting bribes and Jeff Ashton being paid for his MSM interviews, among many, many others) you need to have a link to back up that keyboard or you will find yourself on a Time Out. This included the defense's theory about George Anthony. There is NO EVIDENCE that that man ever molested Casey other than defense team's wild accusations. We WILL NOT participate in continuing to crucify that man without EVIDENCE. What Casey Anthony, the proven pathological liar, says is NOT EVIDENCE. What rolls off of Jose Baez's tongue is NOT EVIDENCE. We have NEVER allowed rumors in this forum and we are not beginning now. Not happening.

One of the most disappointing things I saw was the fighting and personal insults hurled in anger at fellow posters. This is NOT the WWE (Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment) site and we will not permit any in-fighting between posters. I understand emotion makes us do crazy, out-of-character things at times, but this one is a deal breaker. Zero tolerance. If you've participated in this, stop now. Cut it out. Websleuthers are far above that kind of behavior. Come back home. You guys know how to behave. :)

Okay, this day is not going to be easy. Just remember the PURPOSE we have all been here for years now - CAYLEE. Today is about Casey and no matter what happens on the lying to LE charges today, it is all water under the bridge. Nothing that happens today is going to make up for what happened to little Caylee. It is easy to lose perspective when emotions are spiking - try not to.

Thank you all for all your dedication to Caylee over the past 3 years. I like to believe she could hear us fighting for her. :grouphug:

:fence: Good morning!!

I can't wait to see what today brings.

Many of us have also addressed the issues of our frustration and our hurt with decorum and diplomacy ;)
This site was such a breath of fresh air from whence I came amidst the internet jungle! Thank u all for that!
I will listen to the sentencng today, but i refuse to look at the television. Call it my way of protesting. I feel no gladness this morning and I don't think I can stomach seeing anyone else's.
The wheels of our judicial system have turned and although I do not like where they drove me, I will respect the system as we all should.
Jeff Ashton on the View yesterday said something to the effect that if he gave up on the jury system, he may as well give up being a lawyer... Oh.. wait :(

I have an appointment this morning and will not be at home when court convenes at 9:00. I'm sure that I'll hear about the sentencing in the car and will join the discussion later this morning.

Carpe diem.

Good Morning!

I don't know how "time served" works but I don't see how the same time can be counted for her felony charges and these new convictions as well. Does it work that way? Didn't she already use up some of her time served for the felony convictions? Seems to me (but what do I know) that once that time is used up with time served, it's gone and can not be used for future convictions. I realize she has served time since then but seems to me that is where the clock starts ticking for these new convictions.

IMO

Good Morning All,
I am afraid to see what today brings, but again we have each other to lean on. Peace

:seeya::seeya:

First of all thank you mods for giving us a place to vent...I think we all needed it...

Second...thank you for bringing us back under moderation.

Not sure what I am looking forward to today...

Nothing will bring Caylee back...nothing will change the last 3 years. IF KC decides to stop lying and actually work maybe become a law student...that will be worth the last 3 years...but if she continues to lie...to live a selfish life...I believe that there are 12 people that will be held responsible by a higher authority.

Morning all!!!

Here's to peace today. No more violence. I send calming zen thoughts to Florida this day. And hugs to all here.

Good morning :) (early afternoon where I am). This is going to be a difficult day for sure. I can´t help thinking that if Caylee had been a grown up and tossed away like garbage, there would not have been two "not guilty" verdicts on the most serious charges. It is so devastating.

Ashleigh Banfield, said Mounted police around court house

I hope Judge Perry givesa her some time just for the heck of it! :twocents:

Hello everyone. Let us wait and watch today. I want to say that I admire and love Judge Perry. I do not fault him at all.I'm feeling better that Oklahoma state rep. Paul Wesselhoft plans to introduce "Caylee's Law" in the Oklahoma's 2012 legislative session.
Prayers for all...

Ps: remember to sign Caylee's Law if you need a break and feel a bit more hopeful again :)
And if you already had, checking how the signatures shoot up will lighten your heart as well, perhaps :)

Good morning. I can't imagine what it is going to be like at the courthouse today. I'm envisioning a lot of protesters. I wonder if CA and GA are going to be there.

all i can do is pray that the judge wont drop the ball...( even tho the check fraud time was up on what? jan 2010? ok, credit for time served..but she would still have to do what? 1 year? 2 years of that 4 year sentence? one of our posters broke it down very well, the x % off for good behavior, ect...they figured IF she gets the max, she will do appx 1-2 years.)
so again, please please judge, be caylees hero....not to mention wasting law enforcements time/ resources...and tim millers too!!! so that being said, good vibes, prayers for the judge to do the right thing...time to wait and see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46