State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
Pelliman requested this thread. Thanks Pelli.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's prosecutors can’t keep her in jail much longer, but now they want her money.
State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick filed a new motion Wednesday, asking that Anthony pay for "reimbursement for the special costs of investigation and prosecution."

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office and the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation said they are also hoping they can send Anthony a bill for the time spent on the case.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28468942/detail.html#ixzz1RPy45Yiu

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28467503/detail.html

Good I hope everybody that spent time and money on this files a lien on her.

Loving this motion, and it is nothing if not justified.

I was asking about this yesterday, about recovering the costs and it is more than fair.

If they are successful, I'd consider that the start of the "karma train" :rocker:

Oh how I hope they're successful...one can hope

I believe JM said it best! "It's ON!" Lol!! I hope everyone who has even the smallest of legal standing will stand up for Caylee and make her pay.

I so hope this motion is successful. I don't want her to profit not a single penny off Caylee's murder.

We Florida tax payers deserve to be repaid for this disaster.
Casey knew that Caylee was dead all along and she still lied and allowed LE & TES to waste money and valuable manpower hours searching for her when Casey knew all along where she was.

I hope every entity involved is able to recoup every penny expended.

Her lying to police resulted in probably millions of dollars of expense. Concurrent my butt...the judge needs to give her the max sentences. And I would love for him to give her a nice little lecture as well.

She certainly DID have temporal breaks!

We Florida tax payers deserve to be repaid for this disaster.
Casey knew that Caylee was dead all along and she still lied and allowed LE & TES to waste money and valuable manpower hours searching for her when Casey knew all along where she was.

...and for the expense of this trial, the expense of prosecutors, staff, the judge's time, and all the other infrastructure costs.

I hope everyone gets their day in court with this woman, and they win.

I personally hope nobody is willing to pay these people for anything and I also hope that the state and anybody else that was hurt by ICA's actions or her family get every dime she will ever make.

OMG I love her sooo much right now. I hope any profits Casey makes in the future will be spent paying back everything that the taxpayers have paid...

She and Baez are probably thinking, eh, one or two interviews for her.. no big. They will probably jump on that gravy train while she's in jail. Can't miss the golden window of opportunity. She will start building her nest egg for release so she can buy her compound in the West Indies somewhere, with a full range of guards and staff. Crime certainly does seem to pay.
I hope karma kicks her butt.

I agree with repayment up to and including what is customary.

I take great issue with abuse of that power that might influence innocent people in the future admitting to crimes they did not commit and plead guilt or out immediately for fear of undue and unjust financial burden.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back