1574 users online (365 members and 1209 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2011.07.07 Media's Motion for Release of Juror Names

This motion is being heard right now. Please post your comments here. Any jury bashing and the thread will be closed.

Thanks!

Salem

ETA: here is the link to the actual motion: http://www.scribd.com/doc/59460733/M...-Anthony-trial

and a news article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4626349.story

HHJP really doesnt' want to release the names of the jurors. He is expressing his moral conflict vs. case law.

imo he is going to give them a cooling off period of around a week, then he is going to release the names of the jurors.

he'd rather not but then there is the first amendment.

he has no choice.

we can't have unknown persons deciding cases.

maybe future jurors will pay more attention to their charges and responsibilities in the future.
    IF I PUT IT HERE ITS MY OPINION. apparently i have no idea when i need to say that in a post, so this should cover it....IN MY OPINION anyways,

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDoll View Post
    HHJP really doesnt' want to release the names of the jurors. He is expressing his moral conflict vs. case law.
    I feel for him, but he has to do what he has to do.

Hearing has been going on for an hour.

Hearing over. It was very interesting.

Court is in recess. HHJP subject to rule. Leaning towards a cooling off period.

I guess it is not being aired? I looked all over for it what channel did you see it on BeanE?

You can see the Judge Perry quotes that were tweeted during the hearing here:
    http://twitter.com/#!/JudgePerrySays

JudgePerrySays is a news organization twitter account.

He recessed already. I believe it will be a few days before he decide. Dont quote me on that because i got the feed right as he said a couple days and the court is in recess.
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    I guess it is not being aired? I looked all over for it what channel did you see it on BeanE?
    It was on HLN and several of the same ones that aired the trial online also had it streaming.

I can't see why it is important to release the names of the jurors. The decisions were unamious.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    I can't see why it is important to release the names of the jurors. The decisions were unamious.
    Its over, I mean if people need to contact these people who didn't choose to be there and harass them in anyway, then the judicial system with deal with them. Nothing is going to bring Caylee back or change the verdict. I sure hope this can all be let go and have focus on other missing people. Sad case.

It is a moot point I think. i project we will know all juror's names withing a week to ten days. people will spill the beans left and right. Co-workers, neighbours, relatives, employers, friends....

So, but, we'll see. i just want to wish for peaceful discourse with them though. I have a feeling they are starting to see the error of their ways and are hurting. <modsnip>. Beyond that, hopefully the world will make some changes for the better because of this all
    Last edited by Salem; 07-07-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: NO BASHING

I watched it on WESH.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast