2011.07.07 Media's Motion for Release of Juror Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
HHJP really doesnt' want to release the names of the jurors. He is expressing his moral conflict vs. case law.

imo he is going to give them a cooling off period of around a week, then he is going to release the names of the jurors.

he'd rather not but then there is the first amendment.

he has no choice.

we can't have unknown persons deciding cases.

maybe future jurors will pay more attention to their charges and responsibilities in the future.

Court is in recess. HHJP subject to rule. Leaning towards a cooling off period.

I guess it is not being aired? I looked all over for it what channel did you see it on BeanE?

He recessed already. I believe it will be a few days before he decide. Dont quote me on that because i got the feed right as he said a couple days and the court is in recess.

I can't see why it is important to release the names of the jurors. The decisions were unamious.

I can't see why it is important to release the names of the jurors. The decisions were unamious.

Its over, I mean if people need to contact these people who didn't choose to be there and harass them in anyway, then the judicial system with deal with them. Nothing is going to bring Caylee back or change the verdict. I sure hope this can all be let go and have focus on other missing people. Sad case.

It is a moot point I think. i project we will know all juror's names withing a week to ten days. people will spill the beans left and right. Co-workers, neighbours, relatives, employers, friends....

So, but, we'll see. i just want to wish for peaceful discourse with them though. I have a feeling they are starting to see the error of their ways and are hurting. <modsnip>. Beyond that, hopefully the world will make some changes for the better because of this all :(

Because it's the law. Jurors' info is public knowledge.

My first (emotional) reaction is "I can totally understand why in THIS case, or one like it, you must withhold the jurors names for as long as a Juror wants it as there is a mob mentality right now"

It would be for some morbid curiosity and/or subliminal desire to see them harassed because many are in disagreement with their verdict.

I totally disagree with the verdict as I have a right to do. I am very curious to see what they thought individually, but I am a law abiding citizen who does not wish harm on anyone (not even Ex-ICA) should she walk outside...It would lower me to nothing more than an animal or criminal that I despise.

If a juror comes forward they do it of their own free will.

Some things in life are "logical" and many cases come and go and verdicts are handed down and nobody cares or even knows about them. Other verdicts are high profile and they put all the players of that movie in danger, so that tells me logically, we can't scare people from serving on a jury, they can't feel their safety or the safety of their family would be in jeopardy if they serve.

That being said...What the heck were they thinking!!!

Ok had to say it.. but still think they should be revealed only if they want to be. Trust me when I say they have heard all of our thoughts by now LOL

Part of me says that he should release the names because I am very suspect of this jury. Esp. after juror #6 &#8211; he, and perhaps others, are willing to capitalize on the non-release of the names: i.e., pay me $200,000 and I'll tell you who I am and what my story is. He wouldn't be paid nearly as much if all 12 names were released and the media had equal access to approach each of them.

I totally disagree with the verdict as I have a right to do. I am very curious to see what they thought individually, but I am a law abiding citizen who does not wish harm on anyone (not even Ex-ICA) should she walk outside...It would lower me to nothing more than an animal or criminal that I despise.

Excellent! Exactly.

I can see one reason why. I've heard speculation that members of the jury have been contacted before the trial began by members of the media. If that's true, what else might have gone on behind the scenes. Perhaps this influenced their verdict somehow. If that's the case, it needs to be investigated so. that. it. doesn't. happen. again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme