898 users online (120 members and 778 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Student Has Throat Slashed In Hate Crime

A LaSale University student took the fraternity dog out for a walk on July 4th. During that walk a gang of men approached him and slashed his throat while punching and kicking his dog.

The student said that racial slurs were spewed as he put up his hand to block a knife and realized his throat was slashed. Because the student is white although the attack was racially motivated the Mayor's Office will not consider it as such.

Thankfully the dog would not give up the fight to save the student who is recovering many stitches later.

http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...dog-saves-life

I had to google Mayor Michael Nutter - his last name being the reason.

If we are all expected to get along and be on the same playing field we have to start realizing the hypocrisy that is taking place in our society.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    I had to google Mayor Michael Nutter - his last name being the reason.
    Only if he were a nutter perhaps he'd be doing a better job. He's a real prize. Our last Mayor was definately a nutter.

WTH? Even the Southern Poverty Law Center has a full section for racially motivated crimes against white people. Just what about this crime doesn't make it a hate crime? I challenge the mayor to explain that.

A full investigation, I'm hoping?

Were the recent Philly flash mobs also not hate crimes?

Is the little English Bulldog shown at the article, the dog in question? They are NOT fighters. Not a bit. Is he/she going to be OK too? How I hope. Brave little guy.

Well, in the first place, it's the blog writer, not the mayor or U.S. attorney general, who writes this will never be charged as a hate crime.

Secondly, a house full of frat boys keeps a dog "for protection"? Remind me to never send my grandkids to LaSalle.

Thirdly, the writer quotes the victim as saying he could see his own veins after his neck was cut. Now I'm no Jay Leno, but my chin certainly prevents me from seeing my neck. Maybe we should set up a fund to buy the victim a chin implant. Or maybe the victim's special ability to see in the dark will earn him enough to buy a normal chin.

(Maybe the victim meant he could see the veins in his hands, since he brought them up to protect his neck. In any event, it was still midnight and the article isn't very well written.)

I would urge caution in accepting what this young man is saying at face value. I wonder if he didn't indeed go through a mugging, but chose to embellish it to the media. Some things just don't hang together well in hism story. Hopefully I am wrong.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

Secondly, a house full of frat boys keeps a dog "for protection"? Remind me to never send my grandkids to LaSalle.
    It's a rough (no pun intended) area so I could see having a dog in the house. I mean it's not like it's Penn.

Who would not send the grankids who could get credit at a business symposium when the Professor orders up lap dances to that school?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ime&id=8066467

It is summer so I doubt many of the "boys" stayed behind. If I was in that neighborhood I'd get a license to carry and forget the dang dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    I would urge caution in accepting what this young man is saying at face value. I wonder if he didn't indeed go through a mugging, but chose to embellish it to the media. Some things just don't hang together well in hism story. Hopefully I am wrong.
    No need to embellish. The guy was lying in a hospital getting stitches. As for the writer? Now that dude maybe embellished for the guy.

We've had a rash of mobs of African Americans beating the heck out of Caucasian people. This was on the 4th as well. We had a stampede at the fireworks and several stabbings following that. Maybe the group of people that cut this guys throat were returning from that mess.

Hopefully the guy will be O.K., and his little dog too.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post

A full investigation, I'm hoping?

Were the recent Philly flash mobs also not hate crimes?
    Indeed, Miss Izzy every crime in Philadelphia gets a full investigation.

The flash mobs? Hate crimes? That would depend on who you spoke to.

Doesn't anyone else ever get sick of the double standard? If I say much more about what I think, I'll probably get a TO. This infuriates me.

Meanwhile, Filly, any ideas what we can do? Call the Mayor's office?