CA CA - Ilene Scott, 6, Carson, 20 Dec 1980

smile22

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
i saw this case on a friends facebook who has this thing that pops up a new missing person each day. i did a little research on Ilene but there is very little on the web about her

Non Family Abduction
DOB: Dec 19, 1974 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Dec 20, 1980 Race: White
Age Now: 36 Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Missing City: CARSON Weight: 40 lbs (18 kg)
Missing State : CA Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC604335
Circumstances: Ilene's was last seen roller-skating near her home. Ilene has a brown birthmark on the right side of her hip.
NCMC604335c1.jpg

http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

i also found a website where a poster under the name of jessi is posting saying that she as a child looks just like Ilene and did some therapy where she went back in time and has strange memories of another life before she was jessi. the mod for this fourm did say to report your info to the fbi not sure if she did
http://25missingpersons.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ilenerebeccascott&action=display&thread=99
go to the link and read halfway down were this jessica post

On the same missing person page's thread, someone posts claiming to be Ilene Scott's brother and asking Jessica to post again, but she didn't. I was hoping he had an e-mail listed but he didn't. You never know, but I think he is legit. I'm guessing he had to be googling his sister's name to find her. Wonder if he still lives in/near Carson, CA? I don't know, 1980 til now is kind of a long time so maybe not. I've tried to put as many words as I can think of in this post related to her abduction so hopefully if he goes googling again he'll find his way to this thread. It would be great to have more information to go on.

Been trying to post something here. This is the third try. My name is Marshall Loveday. My wife Marcia and I lived right next door to the Scott family when Becky disappeared. We had seen her out roller-skating when we left to do some shopping that Saturday morning, and returned to the mobile home park to find the place crawling with L.A. County Sheriff's deputies.

It would sure be great if Becky could be found. I know there is one gal who has posted on another missing person's forum or two that she thinks she might be Becky, but seems to be afraid to follow up.

I do think about this sad case from time to time. One thing I was wondering - what if Becky went 'exploring' and perhaps got knocked unconscious / trapped underneath one of the mobile homes? I know the Sheriffs looked under some of the mobile homes (including ours), but did they search under all of them in the immediate area? (Might have been 10 units within 100' or so......)

Hi. This is my first post. I saw something on FB about this. How much investigating was even done in regards to this case? Do you remember?
I can't find anything at all about her on the internet except that standard pic.

Is the mobile home park still there?

unveiled

Attachments

• kate_middleton_curly_hair.jpg
    kate_middleton_curly_hair.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 13
This is my second post. I am not quite sure how to start a new thread- or if I can.
I would like this child's case to be looked at again. I have two places I plan to try to get information, but I don't know if
this will work.

There is really no information about her on the internet. I have seen a video with a possible age progression on Youtube, but the family
hasn't posted anything about her. There isn't even a page on Facebook.

Anyone who might have information or who would also like to search this out a bit- please post back.

When I look at what is available: the family wasn't certain if her blouse was red or pink (I do find this odd.) I've read "Becky" didn't get along
well with the mother's boyfriend (or didn't care for him). She had been skating outside, but her skates were left. Her shoes weren't. So, it seems she stopped skating and took off her skates and put on her shoes. I have only seen that one picture of her and no others.

Most families have a few photos - not just one.

The neighbor says the sheriff's department came and looked under some mobile homes. Beyond this,
were dogs brought to the area? How long did they search? Why was it stopped?

Obviously this is a cold case, but it just seems odd- (the lack of info - was something covered-up? ). Yes, it was 1980, but when you search out other children who vanished
then or before this - often, you can find a great deal of information. I guess I can say you usually can find more than what you can find on this girl.

I can't even locate the names of her parents.

Also- I accidentally reported my first post- . I'm still trying to figure this out.

Thank you-
unveiled

Becky’s younger brother is named Jeff. I am his wife. Parents are named Joseph and Lois. Feel free to email to email us at heidiugee@yahoo.com

This is my second post. I am not quite sure how to start a new thread- or if I can.
I would like this child's case to be looked at again. I have two places I plan to try to get information, but I don't know if
this will work.

There is really no information about her on the internet. I have seen a video with a possible age progression on Youtube, but the family

Anyone who might have information or who would also like to search this out a bit- please post back.

When I look at what is available: the family wasn't certain if her blouse was red or pink (I do find this odd.) I've read "Becky" didn't get along
well with the mother's boyfriend (or didn't care for him). She had been skating outside, but her skates were left. Her shoes weren't. So, it seems she stopped skating and took off her skates and put on her shoes. I have only seen that one picture of her and no others.

The neighbor says the sheriff's department came and looked under some mobile homes. Beyond this,

Obviously this is a cold case, but it just seems odd- (the lack of info - was something covered-up? ). Yes, it was 1980, but when you search out other children who vanished
then or before this - often, you can find a great deal of information. I guess I can say you usually can find more than what you can find on this girl.

Also- I accidentally reported my first post- . I'm still trying to figure this out.

Thank you-
unveiled

Becky’s younger brother is named Jeff. I am his wife. Parents are named Joseph and Lois. Feel free to email to email us at heidiugee@yahoo.com

Not sure if @HeidiSco will get this. Does anyone know if LE still has Becky's case as 'open'?

We know it is 38 years gone by, but it would be nice to provide some closure, if the family so desires...

Ilene Rebecca Scott – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ilene Rebecca Scott
  • ilene_rebecca_scott_1.jpg
  • ilene_rebecca_scott_2.jpg
Ilene, circa 1980; Age-progression to age 38 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since12/20/1980
  • Missing FromCarson, California
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth12/19/1974 (44)
  • Age6 years old
  • Height and Weight3'0, 40 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA pink or red blouse, long green pants and brown sandals.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ilene has a brown birthmark on her right hip and a scar on her right eyebrow. Her nickname is Becky.
Details of Disappearance
Ilene was last seen roller-skating outside her family's home at the Rancho Dominguez Estates Mobile Home Park in the 400 block of east Gardena Boulevard in Carson, California at 10:30 a.m. on December 20, 1980, the day after her sixth birthday. She disappeared and has not been seen again.

Her roller skates were discovered inside the front door of her family's residence, but her shoes were missing. Her mother reported her missing two hours after she was last seen.

Ilene's parents were separated at the time of her disappearance. The child lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend and she reportedly didn't have a good relationship with him. The man was arrested on unrelated charges the day of Ilene's disappearance, but he was quickly ruled out as a suspect in the child's case.

Her parents have since divorced. Her family believes she is probably deceased, but they are continuing to search for her. Her case remains unsolved.

IScott.jpg
IScott1.jpg
IScott2.jpg

Left: Scott, circa 1980; Right: Age-progressed to age 30 and then to age 38

Ilene Rebecca Scott
Missing since December 20, 1980 from Carson, Los Angeles County, California.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: December 19, 1974
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 6 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0; 40 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Scott has a brown-colored birthmark on the right side of her hip.
    • Clothing: Last seen wearing a pink blouse and long green pants.
    • Dentals: Not available
    • DNA: Available
    • Nickname: Becky
Circumstances of Disappearance
Scott went outside of her family's residence in Rancho Dominguez Estates Mobile Home Park in Carson, California to roller skate on December 20, 1980. Her skates were later found inside the front door of the home and her shoes were missing.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Scott's whereabouts, please contact:
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau-Missing Person's Unit
Tamar Abraham
(323) 890-5502

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: 801843631
NCMEC #: NCMC604335
NCIC Number: M150418100
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
CA DOJ
NamUs MP #6638
The Doe Network: Case File 329DFCA

this will work.

Thank you-
unveiled
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply here. Kinda forgot about this site...… Some recent YT videos about solved disappearances pulled the Ilene Rebecca Scott case back to me. As to your question about the residences at the mobile home park, I checked Google Earth, and the small mobile home park is still there. Google Earth doesn't have very good resolution when you zoom in, but I tried it. Our unit was on an inside corner at the far left rear of the park, looking at it from Gardena Bl. (It's on the north side of the street). From that same vantage point, The Scott's unit was directly to our right (east). Ours was small double-wide unit, while I remember the Scott's unit as a single-wide (but my memory could be incorrect on this point.... not 100% sure) Looking at the Google earth images, it appears like ours (which was new when we moved in in '78) is still there, while I think the Scott's unit has been changed. Appears to be a larger double-wide there now.

Sad case. It was sort of surprising to me at the time (and even now) that there didn't seem to be much in the way of clues for law enforcement to gather.. If I were in law enforcement, I would think a more involved search should have been done, and maybe some more detailed interviewing of the park residents, to see if anyone may have noticed a suspicious vehicle maybe. For reference, I've uploaded a pic of OUR (former) mobile home, and you can see a small corner of the Scott's unit (white) next door to the left.

Attachments

• Mobile Home 1980.jpg
    Mobile Home 1980.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 21
Please tell Jeff that we still think about Ilene and your family often, and pray that some day she will be brought home.

Marcia & Marshall - the next door neighbors on the corner.

From Ilene Rebecca Scott – The Charley Project
The child lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend and she reportedly didn't have a good relationship with him. The man was arrested on unrelated charges the day of Ilene's disappearance, but he was quickly ruled out as a suspect in the child's case.

-
On what charges was he arrested, and why was he arrested on that particular day?
- On what grounds was he "ruled-out?"
- Was he actually formally ruled-out, or was it left open because there was no evidence, not against him nor anyone else?
- Did law enforcement actually interview everyone who lived nearby regarding whether they saw or heard anything?
- Which kind of searches took place at the time; was it like nowadays when a child goes missing and the neighborhood searches together, or was searching minimal?

I read this on FB but I said her mom lived with a boyfriend. Becky didn't get along with him. So, if she lived with a boyfriend... I hope they questioned him!... poor beautiful girl full of life... I just hope that at the time of her death it wasn't painful...
rest in peace little baby

I'm now being asked questions about the case by a Jenny Roznowski via FB Messenger, who thinks she's somehow 'connected' to the case (her words). She wanted to know if I had any pictures from back then. (Well I do, but not of the Scotts.....) I gave her some details that I remembered, and some others I looked up from various sites.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back