1093 users online (212 members and 881 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OR~Kelsey Knox, impersonated LEO & briefly kidnapped child

The abductor might have mental issues but my guess is that the grandmother, bless her, has heart palpitation issues this week. How scary. Who knows what might have happened if this grandmother hadn't been watching. I wonder if an accomplice was lurking nearby?

Warning: The mug shot is a creepy one.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Seaside-woma...125247014.html

Seaside woman poses as cop to kidnap child

"A 6-year-old Beaverton girl was briefly kidnapped by a woman claiming to be a police officer in Seaside last week..."

and

"....the girl had been riding her bicycle while her grandmother watched from a home nearby on July 2. The suspect walked up to the girl and showed her a fake badge, the paper reported. Then she grabbed the girl by the wrist and lead her away. The girl's grandmother screamed and witnesses called 9-1-1. When officers arrived, the suspect let the girl go. Kelsey Monica Knox, 21, of Seaside, was arrested for third-degree assault, coercion and kidnapping...."

and

"...Knox might have been suffering from mental issues."

More at link

I wish all of these cases could end with a Grandma and witnesses screaming and calling 911 followed by an arrest....no harm to the victim but scary nonetheless.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

I don't understand what was she going to do with this little girl?

Thank goodness for gram on the lookout. Plus thanks to the bystanders who called 911.

O.K. this young woman goes by the name of Faith. She has an old Myspace and she absolutely has changed. It's private, but you can see that the girl well she don't look the same.

Facebook she uses the name Faith. It is praivate as well and she is shown with a adorable little girl.

She patronizes an eatery she enjoys and took pictures of her and her fiance eating there.

Alarming is she posted alot of information about having a fundraiser for kids in substitute foster care. She was inviting folks and they could bring clothing and such. She was having a cookut. That was for July 9th I believe. That would have been Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-S...00919599928206

Uhhhhhhhhhhh yeah there's a huge problem here. Fake badge? Premeditated? Kid in the photograph? Could she belong to the fiance? Ya have to wonder if he bailed her out?

Filly--That's chilling. Something really creepy is going on here. I wonder if she's lost a child to the system or to death? Is she off the deep end?

Very very weird. I have to wonder if someone wasn't waiting near by. That poor child will not be allowed to ride a bike until she's 42, if the Grandma has anything to say about it.

Another article with more info. They actually interview the child and identify her by her first name (not sure how I feel about that). The video then goes on to show just how easy it is for a stranger to abduct a child. Folks, this will give you the cold shivers.

Interestingly enough, our special needs kids get training and role playing with this issue all the time. That's part of the special ed curriculum. We've set up many many bluffs and almost always the kids do not fall for it. They ask the stranger for the code word or turn away. The ease with which this reporter gets children to leave a park (with their poor father watching....and probably dying a million deaths) is shocking. A great reminder. Might be a good video to watch with your children.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/12525...#idc-container

Role play with your kids to keep them safe from kidnappers

Concerning the name...Faith, I find an older woman by that name in a nearby town. I wonder if that's a relative. Seaside is teeny--only 6,000 people but lots and lots of tourists. The child on "Faith's" FB page looks to be the same age as the little girl who was almost kidnapped.

What's the "giggling" all about? Both the screen name and the creepy mug shot?
    Last edited by Missizzy; 07-10-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Yet another article with more information. Something is very off with Knox. This makes me wonder just who the little girl is in the FB photo:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...RJXMEO8Fg.cspx

"A Beaverton family is holding their daughter a little closer after she was almost abducted near their Seaside vacation home. S, is 6-year-old Hailey's grandmother. She did not want to share her grand-daughter’s last name but is sharing her story. Saturday, July 2nd, H was riding her bike on the Seaside boardwalk. Her grandmother, S, was watching her.

and

"...S says she was only feet from her granddaughter, when 21-year-old Kelsey Knox, walked up and grabbed her arm. DK, a jogger, happened to pass by. "He was our hero. He was wonderful. If it hadn't been for him I don't know what we would have done...."

and

"....Seaside Police arrested Kelsey Knox a short time later. Knox is being held on $500,000 bail. She is also undergoing a mental evaluation. "I want to know what her intentions were. Why she did that," said TF, H's mother. TF says Knox made comments to her daughter, saying "I found you....."

more at link

Wow! I love it when they have happy endings. Hope the perp can get help with her issues.

Yes, indeed. We need to keep that in mind. The little girl is safe with her family. And that is a blessing beyond compare.

I've been pondering this one all day. I have a feeling that Kelsey might just have more than "mental" issues. She's 21. That would be the age that a teen with DD would be transitioning into adult foster care. Or possibly attempting to live with family if she had been in foster care. She's awfully hyper-focused on that restaurant. Her fiance, while a cutie, has the top button of his shirt buttoned. The notice about a fund-raiser is a bit odd, too. While it's a lovely thing to do, things like that are typically handled by the local foster parents' association and occur around back-to-school time and the holidays. And who is the child with her? Could it be a daughter, a niece, a child who lives in a foster home with her? She had a badge and grabbed the girl by the wrist and said that she'd "found her". I'm thinking that Kelsey has special needs and was not being supervised.

Would they arrest and charge a woman known to have disabilities in this fashion? They wouldn't in our town, I don't think. There'd be a "team meeting" and a new behavioral plan put in place.

Just taking a wild guess.

70% of our jail population have mental and developmental disabilities. Here they are arrested.
    This girl is lucky it wasn't MY child she grabbed the wrist of.. she'd be eating with her feet instead of her hands from now on.....

Peeples--I agree on some levels but not on others. Those with DD often act with the impulsivity of a child....where their brain forever functions. I have to look at malice aforethought. If this woman understands right from wrong and has a grasp of the law, then most certainly she should be punished. If she had no idea what her actions implied, then I look at it differently.

I see it akin to the difference between a one year old killing a kitten by squeezing it too tightly. No malice. No grasp of consequences or on the finality of death. Then consider a bright 20 year old squeezing to death the same kitten. We've got a budding sociopath on our hands.

I might be totally off base on this one. But something is tremendously "off" about this young woman. I'd like to know just where she got the badge and why. They hand them out at our Easter Seals Camp and the kids and teens get to role-play the work that LEOs and firefighters do.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Peeples--I agree on some levels but not on others. Those with DD often act with the impulsivity of a child....where their brain forever functions. I have to look at malice aforethought. If this woman understands right from wrong and has a grasp of the law, then most certainly she should be punished. If she had no idea what her actions implied, then I look at it differently.

I see it akin to the difference between a one year old killing a kitten by squeezing it too tightly. No malice. No grasp of consequences or on the finality of death. Then consider a bright 20 year old squeezing to death the same kitten. We've got a budding sociopath on our hands.

I might be totally off base on this one. But something is tremendously "off" about this young woman. I'd like to know just where she got the badge and why. They hand them out at our Easter Seals Camp and the kids and teens get to role-play the work that LEOs and firefighters do.
    The badge was a plastic badge that was embossed with the word "Queen" and the little girl said Ms. Knox told her she was taking her to see the King, and that she would not hurt.

I'd be running a check on that "feants" eating Mexican food cause he may be the King and asked her to do that. Just sayin.

http://beaverton.katu.com/news/commu...dnapper/441742

Katie Kaboom. She's the cartoon charachter that all the animals run from because she grabs them so tight and squezzes them while saying "I found you kitty". Just remembered that cartoon.

Peeples has a good point. If someone grabs your kid and is trying to lead them away? I wouldn't stop to wonder if they are out their mind or have a mental issue or are functioning on a different level I'd be beating her a*s down in the street. Then again your instinct would just be to get your child help as opposed to smacking the living crapolla out of the woman.

Ooooooooooooh no doubt something is wrong, but in that article the child's parents know about that FB photograph of her with the little girl. Where's her computer? Where's the guy?

Indeed about her fundraiser. She never mentioned the park, but gave her phone number. Just me, but I have a feeling she herself may have been shuffled around an awful lot.

In the old Myspace photo she is not that heavy at all. She doesn't have that color hair. It's private though and a small photo.

We're not the only people concerned with who the little girl in the picture is. Adorable little girl too. Plus Ms. Knox don't look quite so "out there".

Thankfully the little girl is O.K., but must be frightened as all get out.

Also Ms. Knox with her middle initial included had/has an addy.

The more bits we learn about this the happier I am that Gram was there and alert.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Thanks for finding that, Filly. The other sources mentioned nothing about a "Queen Badge". I agree that very very likely this young woman has suffered somehow--most probably in the system. I wonder if she was re-enacting some horrible memory of her own. So creepy. She's obviously very wrapped up in her own world of "helping children". And I agree that the fiance needs to be checked to see if he has a "King Badge".

As far as supervision goes, this child had excellent supervision. It couldn't have been any better, really. Who expects a loony woman to literally grab a child as her grandmother is watching and grab her wrist? She must have been holding on tight as the jogger (bless his heart) had to break her grip on the child. I think she perceived that the grandmother was some sort of threat.

Knox's appearance has changed a lot. I wonder if the extra weight is from taking some sort of anti-psychotic? If so, it's not doing it's job and the woman needs a far higher level of supervision. I'd be very interested to know if she's tried anything like this before.

I'm not seeing a Kelsey M. Knox on FB or MS. Maybe I'm slow or it's gone. And note that she's NOT a member of North-coast Parent group as was reported. Technically, she really didn't impersonate a LEO, she impersonated the Queen.

I read the comments and sadly, we have no "institutions" in Oregon. LE simply has to arrest people over and over for crimes such as this. We have our own local nutty guy who is off his meds. He has schizophrenia. He burned down eleven really nice homes last year. To the ground. They couldn't convict him as they found no malice. He's back in jail right now for throwing rocks at little girls. Last month it was throwing something heavy off the over-pass into traffic.

Sadly, Oregon (and most other states) have no services to offer the mentally ill. Prison is surely not the right placement as someone like Knox would be a target, IMO. Being mentally ill is not a crime. Our mentally ill deserve dignified care. With no money, though, there's no easy answers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast