Space Shuttle Makes Final Journey

Gozgals

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/08/space.shuttle/index.html?hpt=us_c2

Fair Use
Snip

Kennedy Space Center (CNN) -- Space shuttle Atlantis lifted off Friday morning on the final mission of America's 30-year shuttle program, a thunderously poignant moment that drew people from around the world to watch.

Some of the thousands of onlookers chanted "U.S.A." Others shed tears as Atlantis roared aloft atop its powerful rockets on what a NASA commentator called a "sentimental journey into history."

Snip

Friday was a sad day as we say goodbye to the space shuttle as it made its final mission. I too shed a few tears as the space program is a wonderful part of our history.

Note: Didn't see this posted.

Goz

I watched it (on TV)..came here expecting a thread and found nothing...so glad you started one

So am I.

It deserves so much honor. Was weeping.

Good day.

I will so miss watching the shuttle launches. I could see them from my front porch all these years and they never got "old." The night launches we fabulous and I would often make the 45 minute drive down across from the launch pad to a secret "cove" known only to locals. Being that close was unreal. The shuttle would lift off across the channel and a few seconds later the sound would travel and the heat would hit. I truly feel blessed to have been able to experience first hand one of the truly miraculous events of our lifetimes. Goodbye shuttle...we'll miss you. God bless everyone who was associated with the shuttle program, those who lost their lives through that dedication and those who will lose their jobs as a consequence of the program's demise. I wish you the best in going forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back