992 users online (202 members and 790 guests)  

Websleuths News

Somewhere out there ....

Unhappy Mass grave with 900 corpses found in Iraq

The corpses were found in the Shanafiya region, 70 kilometres (45 miles) west of Diwaniyah.

Iraqi authorities uncovered a mass grave with 900 corpses near the central city of Diwaniyah on Wednesday, believed to be Kurds killed during the rule of ousted dictator Saddam Hussein, an official said.

The corpses were found in the Shanafiya region, 70 kilometres (45 miles) west of Diwaniyah.

"The corpses were buried in a trench. There were 900 bodies," said Dakhil Saihoud, provincial head of the Justice and Accountability Commission which investigates issues related to Saddam's regime.

"Initial indications show the remains are those of Kurds. They were transferred to laboratories in the city of Najaf to help in identification," Saihoud said. He said the corpses apparently dated back to the 1980s

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

The atrocities heaped upon the people there are horrendous. They still have death squads that go to villages and randomly kill large numbers of people.

I can't imagine what fear they must live with on a daily basis. God bless our soldiers and the people who live there.

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Saddam Hussein was an evil man.

The world is a better place without him in it.

I couldn't be prouder of our armed forces for hunting him down.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom