Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by back2back19 View Post
    That's what I want to know but I kinda think they were bullied or something to that effect into relenting. I just don't see how 6 people can cave that quickly without being bullied or talked out of it. Him and juror 6 or 7.. the one that was crying during the reading of the verdict and afterwards. I want to hear more from them.

But maybe that's why that chef dude wants a big payday? Maybe there is something more to these deliberations?
    Yet, during jury selection under the questioning of Ann Finnell they all said they could not be bullied and they would not bully others to change their opinions...

Guess they didn't understand that either.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Rapunzel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by manatee View Post
    I'm starting to feel the same way! I went back and reviewed JB statements and the video outside the courtroom where he shoots at the camera before the verdict. somehow, some way <mod snip> it matches the way JB has behaved through this trial. it is the only thing that makes sense now. This is why the jury is not talking. this is why that juror left town and retired from her job? where did she get the money to run? makes no sense. WAKE UP FOLKS! 1+1=2. We need to push for an investigation.
    Are you sure it was that same day when the verdict was read? I don't think it was but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by SoSueMe; 07-12-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Snipped quote
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fifteen89 View Post
    ICAM. It takes the subconcious thoughts (could I make more with a guilty or not guilty verdict?) out of the equation. It would take ANY QUESTION of that happening out of the public perception of the final verdict.

I've also wondered about having the deliberations secretly recorded, for the Judge's viewing only, to determine if there were any problems with how the verdict was reached. It would be nice to have a stop watch used to know the actual amount of time spent deliberating. The time we have includes eating, electing foreman, reading jury instructions (well, if they actually bothered to do that, only they know).
    RBBM, what an excellent idea. We need video of juries deliberating for judges to review post verdict.
    Justice for Caylee!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mom2chloe For This Useful Post:

One more thing bugging me about Juror #11 and telling Greta that in his profession, he has to know how to "read people" ...

Juror No. 11 is a physical education teacher in his early 30s.

What does he use his "reading" skills for ? Being able to tell if someone is faking to get out of gym class ?? WTH ?

<end snark>

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Are you sure it was that same day when the verdict was read? I don't think it was but I could be wrong.
    Yes, i am almost sure it was the same day. Someone else let me know, but I am pretty sure..

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Solange82200 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by denjet View Post
    One more thing bugging me about Juror #11 and telling Greta that in his profession, he has to know how to "read people" ...

What does he use his "reading" skills for ? Being able to tell if someone is faking to get out of gym class ?? WTH ?

<end snark>

LOL LOL with those "reading skills" I bet there has been a lot of vomit on that gym floor.

Interesting concept about recording or at least having someone observe deliberations. I, for one, would not support either.

I do think:

There should be a 1 or 2 day jury information school mandatory for capital cases -- what is evidence; what is NOT evidence; what are opening statements; why are there sidebars, etc, etc. There obviously needs to be much more education for jurors. They must be educated that a real trial bears no resemblance to CSI.

Jurors should not be allowed to get out of jury duty except for the absolutely most compelling reason (your sister is the defendant; lawyer is next door neighbor)

In penalty phase - the jurors may give their recommendation only. Their penalty recommendation will not be the arbiter.

Jurors should not be allowed to be compensated beyond a reasonable amount for interviews, appearances, etc. Not to exceed $5000 in total for example.

Jurors must meet with the defense and prosecution team and give them sufficient time to question them as regards reasons and logic for their decision.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Italy For This Useful Post:

<end snark>
    Why would you even consider "reading people" in something as important as this?? You are supposed to look at the evidence, not "read people". Unbelievable

I wasn't going to watch the Foreman on Greta. I didn't even tape it, but then I was reading about it here and decided I had to see it and taped the late night repeat. I have watched it now and have decided that I am done. I can speculate and drive myself crazy over what happened with this jury, but it won't change anything. That foreman could have told Greta that JB paid them each $25,000 to vote not quilty and ICA would still walk free Sunday. Nothing will change their verdict...nothing. So I am done. They have to live themselves, I cannot watch or listen to them anymore.
    ..♥..☆.......*`*
    ✫ (`'. //(*_*)\\ .').
    ❤✫ƸӜƷ *`.* * *..
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Caylee Marie Anthony ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥.
    *******Justice was blind*********.
    BUT GOD IS NOT! ♥

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Never4GetCaylee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    yes it was before the verdict was read. we commented here how inappropriate it was. something stinks!
    TEAM CAYLEE
    "Caylee IS the VICTIM!"

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to manatee For This Useful Post:

I'm starting to feel the same way! I went back and reviewed JB statements and the video outside the courtroom where he shoots at the camera before the verdict. somehow, some way <mod snip> it matches the way JB has behaved through this trial. it is the only thing that makes sense now. This is why the jury is not talking. this is why that juror left town and retired from her job? where did she get the money to run? makes no sense. WAKE UP FOLKS! 1+1=2. We need to push for an investigation.

I agree ... this 'NOT GUILTY' VERDICT has JB and CM WRITTEN ALL OVER IT !

Remember that day during Jury Selection when JB had a "SUDDEN EMERGENCY" ? I did NOT believe it then and I certainly do NOT believe it NOW !

Something was up ... something !

I am sorry if it "wrong" to SPECULATE HERE ... we have NO PROOF of any sort of "tampering" but and EVERYTHING --EVERY WORD -- out of the Foreman and Jurors' mouth does NOT make any sense whatsoever !

Last edited by SoSueMe; 07-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

19. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Two things:

As to George's "selective memory", there's a lot more reason for George to remember with clarity the last time he saw his grandaughter alive than to remember a THING about the d@mn gas cans, sheesh!

The other thing is something I wondered about all along, but cannot remember where the idea came up. A few of you brought it up in this thread so I know I didn't make this up. I wonder if there were another grandchild that Casey disposed of. She's done this before. A big, nasty Anthony family secret.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

yes it was before the verdict was read. we commented here how inappropriate it was. something stinks!
    Imagine that, something inappropriate from the DT.
    JUST MY OPINION

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Nenato5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    This juror must have thought he was law enforcement and figured his "people reading" skills qualified him to investigate George. Forget all the real detective work done in this case, this guy was '10 feet away' listening to George's testimony.
    I gotta ask.....what kind of people reading skills does a high school gym teacher think he has??? I certainly don't compare 'does the evidence prove she killed her daughter?' to 'does this kid's excuse ring true?'. But that's just me.

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:

<end snark>
    Do you think the experienced detectives and prosecution had a little more competence to read people, especially criminals?

Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast