Trial 7/18/11 of Donnie Stallworth -- update: found guilty

mom23gr8kids

Reaction score
Donnie Stallworth comes up for his 3rd trial next week. Please send up your prayers that we will finally get a conviction and be able to move past this phase.

It has been a very long grueling 2 years.

I would be lieing if I said that the recent verdict in the Casey Anthony trial didn't make me fear this third trial even more. We couldn't believe that the first two trials ended in hung juries but to think if get a jury even worse like Casey's the unthinkable could happen. I just don't know how we could function and move forward.

Last Saturday was the 2 year anniversary of the loss of these two wonderful people that I was lucky enough to call friends. I pray that this is the end of these trials for Stallworth.

This case fascinated me far more than even the Anthony case. Both were close to home, but this one seemed to turn very hush-hush, imo.

Definitely hoping that this trial will bring some closure to this case.

I know a lot of locals had their own discussions and that this may not be appropriate for here, but did anyone ever find out the real reason why this happened?

Interro- You are right things were quickly hushed. The truth will probably never be known. This man should not be going to a third trial, but with FL law, not anything can be done. If you watched the trial you would see they have no evidence tying him to this.

Interro- You are right things were quickly hushed. The truth will probably never be known. This man should not be going to a third trial, but with FL law, not anything can be done. If you watched the trial you would see they have no evidence tying him to this.

No I didn't see the trial. I don't know if it was televised, but I haven't had television service for years and at the time that this was happening, I was in nursing school.

However, I *did* read everything that was released at the time. It is quite a story.

I'm not sure what you mean about "no evidence": whether you mean the man is innocent or if you mean that there is no proof. I would hate to start a debate here since i am new, but I'm willing to listen to anything via PM if you and I are disagreeing.

I think about this case a lot, but I fully admit that I've not had the chance to keep up with any new developments. Trying to catch up now :)

Lisa they have as much and actually more IMO evidence linking him to this crime than they did Casey to Caylee's murder.

They should both be rotting in prison. Regardless of your reasoning you should not be allowed to participate in any behavior that results in the death of another human being even if death was not your intention. You participate you pay.

There are surveillance videos both from the home and stores as well as other participants and eyewitnesses who link this man to the crime. So yes he should absolutely be on trial. The trouble lies in his two previous juries didn't want to convict him of murder because "he just thought he was going there to rob the place". Well FL law is pretty clear that if your participate in a felony and someone is killed during the commission of that crime that is is Murder. Doesn't matter if the jury liked that or not that is the law.

Yes he was finally found guilty.

And to make it even better Bud and Melanie's grandchild was born yesterday. I know they must be celebrating in heaven today. It is bittersweet for us because I know how very much they would have enjoyed this sweet baby.

To: mom23gr8kids

Wow, I am SO relieved to know that Stallworth will be in prison for the rest of his life.
I am writing to you only to set the record straight on something you said, specifically "he just thought he was going there to rob the place". That trial ended in a mistrial, what you DON'T KNOW is that it was 9-1 GUILTY. Not one person thought "he just thought he was going there to rob the place"... 9 jurors felt that he not only was at the house with a weapon but, also that he was central in the planning of the attack on the house. I personally doubted that he went to the Billings residence to murder Byrd and Melanie, however; I felt he WAS there and with a firearm.
I am pleading with you to speak more carefully and/or truthfully. Where in the world did you get "he just thought he was going there to rob the place" IN QUOTES? I pleaded or more precisely "deliberated" my heart out. I was able to change the vote of two people, the last person was resolute in her convictions of his innocence. She was able to articulate why she felt he was not guilty...Her choice was her choice.
I was sick that our jury was unable to convict this piece of trash. Today is bittersweet, justice is served, but the Billings are still gone.

I said that and in quotes because that is how he has presented himself on why he should not be found guilty. I did not at all mean that it was the truth. Only that is "his" story.

I'm very thankful to you for your jury service and that you were able to see the truth of the evil in these people. There have been many discussions through out our family and friends because of some things that we were told by another juror on one of his trials. This person had stated that they didn't think he should be sentenced to life because they bought into the whole story of how he just got wrapped up in something that went out of his control. I meant NO disrespect at all. I know that there were jurors on there who could see the truth and some that couldn't or didn't agree with the law.

Melanie and Bud were very dear friends of mine and absolutely nothing makes me happier than this verdict. Please know that this holds alot of emotion for me and that is the place where many of my comments come from.

Again I thank you and apologize for comment that made it sound as if I meant everyone on the jury. Obviously we know that isn't the case since it was a hung jury. If it had been all the jurors he would have been found not guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back