1346 users online (305 members and 1041 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Veronica Navarro, 22, murdered, dumped in Lake Travis, 28 June 2011

A local firefighter is charged with tampering with physical evidence after his girlfriend's body is found in Lake Travis. A body was found floating in Lake Travis near Tatum Cove on the East shoreline of Pace Bend Park at 11:37 a.m. on Wednesday, July 6th. Mark Warren, an Assistant Chief with the Pedernales Fire Depart

http://www.kvue.com/news/Pedernales-...125390338.html

Angry Body Found in Lake Travis Identified as Veronica Navarro, 22

Body Found in Lake Travis Identified
    Suspected arrested trying to flee to Canada
    Updated: Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 8:36 AM CDT
    Published : Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 5:14 PM CDT

Travis County Sheriff’s Office has identified a body found in Lake Travis in Pace Bend Park and arrested a man in connection with the discovery.

Authorities identified the body discovered on Wednesday, July 6, as Veronica Navarro, 22. According to the Travis County Sheriff's Office, the body was wrapped in a tent and weighted down by a paint can. Deputies said that Navarro had not been reported missing and last had contact with her family in late June

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/new...#ixzz1Ru3phn16
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Texas Homicide Suspect Arrested at Pembina Border Crossing

A Texas man, who is a suspect in a homicide, was arrested after authorities say he tried to flee to Canada through the Pembina border crossing.

KVUE-TV reports that 27-year-old Joe Carr is a suspect in the homicide case of 22-year-old Veronica Navaro.

Navaro's body was found floating in a Texas lake just before noon last Wednesday, her body wrapped in a ten and weighted down by a paint can, the local Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id...blisher_ID/30/
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I once had a home in Lago Vista overlooking Lake Travis and that park. It's not hard to imagine someone committing a crime like this there...it's very quiet/remote and nobody is there at night. So I'm wondering, who found her and how? She was weighed down and was never reported missing. Hmmm...recreational divers?

So glad they pieced this together before he got across the border. WTG Canadian border patrol!

You know, what could she have done that was so bad, that someone deserved to take her life? Nothing!! God bless this young womans family and friends!

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Yikes!

I live on the Canadian side of the Pembina border crossing. We are a far cry from Texas.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by reen View Post
    I once had a home in Lago Vista overlooking Lake Travis and that park. It's not hard to imagine someone committing a crime like this there...it's very quiet/remote and nobody is there at night. So I'm wondering, who found her and how? She was weighed down and was never reported missing. Hmmm...recreational divers?

So glad they pieced this together before he got across the border. WTG Canadian border patrol!
    The article said she was floating.

This brainiac thoutht a paint can would hold her down.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    The article said she was floating.

This brainiac thoutht a paint can would hold her down.
    I'd missed that...thanks.

By happenstance he wasn't on duty when his coworkers found her. Then they must have told him about it and he bolted. Here's more about the story including a photo of the beautiful wife. So sad.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/...n-1601077.html

Wow. Thanks for this info. I KNEW something had happened when I went to Paleface Grocery right on Pace Bend Rd. the evening they discovered her body, but on the local news I watched that night they didn't mention this. :-(

The evening they found her, I heard sirens like I've never heard before that afternoon while out with my horse/mule/donkeys. Then when I ran down the hill to get some groceries and dog food, I saw a KEYE-TV truck going down toward the park as I was leaving the gas station. That's SO unusual for this area (especially the combo of multiple sirens and a TV truck) that it really drew my attention.

So sad. So very sad. I'm horrified to find out this is what that was all about, living in this area. I'll keep an eye on this case now, in case there's anything I can do, even if just for moral support for her family. Wow.

This has been the week for this kind of things for me. Since moving from the L.A. (CA) area, I've been so blissfully apart from crime and tragedy. Earlier this week I saw that the man that died in front of his 6 year old boy when he fell out of the stands while going after a baseball at a Rangers game was from Brownwood, where my ex and I had our ranch. I loved living in Brownwood. I loved the people there. That news made me very sad.

Now this...

Added to the horrific travesty of justice in the CA trial....sad, sad weeks lately.

Murder suspect back in Travis County

Joe Carr was arrested attempting to enter Canada

Updated: Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 12:41 PM CDT
    Published : Wednesday, 20 Jul 2011, 9:13 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The alleged suspect in the murder of Veronica Navarro, 22, is in the Travis County jail tonight.

The Travis County Sheriff's Office said Joe Carr, 27, was extradited back to Travis County on Wednesday after being arrested in North Dakota almost two weeks ago - he was detained when he attempted to cross the Canadian border.

Navarro’s body was found floating in Lake Travis near the East shoreline of Pace Bend Park on July 6, 2011.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/M...-Travis-County
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

If he isnt the dumbest. Im not sure how or why he thought that he was going to get away with this. This is Texas not Orlando Florida. Huntsville here he comes.

Looks like he's only charged with tampering with evidence for now, while they build their case. But it's a pretty obvious conclusion he did this. But why??? Only 22 and so much life left to live...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/093...in-Lake-Travis

A former firefighter has been indicted on a murder charge in the July death of his girlfriend, whose body was found floating in Lake Travis, wrapped in a tent and weighted with a paint can.

From February 2014:

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/c...ison-fo/ndMKf/

Judge Cliff Brown on Wednesday sentenced former firefighter Joe Carr to 60 years in prison for murder and 20 years for tampering with evidence, to run concurrently.

It took jurors less than an hour Tuesday before finding Carr, 29, guilty of murder and tampering with evidence in the June 2011 death of 22-year-old Veronica Navarro.