GUILTY TX - Veronica Navarro, 22, murdered, dumped in Lake Travis, 28 June 2011

Starry Night

Reaction score

Body Found in Lake Travis Identified
Suspected arrested trying to flee to Canada
Updated: Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 8:36 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 5:14 PM CDT

Travis County Sheriff’s Office has identified a body found in Lake Travis in Pace Bend Park and arrested a man in connection with the discovery.

Authorities identified the body discovered on Wednesday, July 6, as Veronica Navarro, 22. According to the Travis County Sheriff's Office, the body was wrapped in a tent and weighted down by a paint can. Deputies said that Navarro had not been reported missing and last had contact with her family in late June

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/ne...entified20110711-ktbcw_14080804#ixzz1Ru3phn16

Texas Homicide Suspect Arrested at Pembina Border Crossing

A Texas man, who is a suspect in a homicide, was arrested after authorities say he tried to flee to Canada through the Pembina border crossing.

KVUE-TV reports that 27-year-old Joe Carr is a suspect in the homicide case of 22-year-old Veronica Navaro.

Navaro's body was found floating in a Texas lake just before noon last Wednesday, her body wrapped in a ten and weighted down by a paint can, the local Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/9496/publisher_ID/30/

I once had a home in Lago Vista overlooking Lake Travis and that park. It's not hard to imagine someone committing a crime like this there...it's very quiet/remote and nobody is there at night. So I'm wondering, who found her and how? She was weighed down and was never reported missing. Hmmm...recreational divers?

So glad they pieced this together before he got across the border. WTG Canadian border patrol!

You know, what could she have done that was so bad, that someone deserved to take her life? Nothing!! God bless this young womans family and friends!

Yikes!

I live on the Canadian side of the Pembina border crossing. We are a far cry from Texas.

I once had a home in Lago Vista overlooking Lake Travis and that park. It's not hard to imagine someone committing a crime like this there...it's very quiet/remote and nobody is there at night. So I'm wondering, who found her and how? She was weighed down and was never reported missing. Hmmm...recreational divers?

So glad they pieced this together before he got across the border. WTG Canadian border patrol!

The article said she was floating.

This brainiac thoutht a paint can would hold her down.

Wow. Thanks for this info. I KNEW something had happened when I went to Paleface Grocery right on Pace Bend Rd. the evening they discovered her body, but on the local news I watched that night they didn't mention this. :-(

The evening they found her, I heard sirens like I've never heard before that afternoon while out with my horse/mule/donkeys. Then when I ran down the hill to get some groceries and dog food, I saw a KEYE-TV truck going down toward the park as I was leaving the gas station. That's SO unusual for this area (especially the combo of multiple sirens and a TV truck) that it really drew my attention.

So sad. So very sad. I'm horrified to find out this is what that was all about, living in this area. I'll keep an eye on this case now, in case there's anything I can do, even if just for moral support for her family. Wow.

This has been the week for this kind of things for me. Since moving from the L.A. (CA) area, I've been so blissfully apart from crime and tragedy. Earlier this week I saw that the man that died in front of his 6 year old boy when he fell out of the stands while going after a baseball at a Rangers game was from Brownwood, where my ex and I had our ranch. I loved living in Brownwood. I loved the people there. That news made me very sad.

Now this...

Added to the horrific travesty of justice in the CA trial....sad, sad weeks lately.

:sick:

Murder suspect back in Travis County

Joe Carr was arrested attempting to enter Canada

Updated: Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 12:41 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Jul 2011, 9:13 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The alleged suspect in the murder of Veronica Navarro, 22, is in the Travis County jail tonight.

The Travis County Sheriff's Office said Joe Carr, 27, was extradited back to Travis County on Wednesday after being arrested in North Dakota almost two weeks ago - he was detained when he attempted to cross the Canadian border.

Navarro’s body was found floating in Lake Travis near the East shoreline of Pace Bend Park on July 6, 2011.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/Murder-suspect-back-in-Travis-County

If he isnt the dumbest. Im not sure how or why he thought that he was going to get away with this. This is Texas not Orlando Florida. Huntsville here he comes.

Looks like he's only charged with tampering with evidence for now, while they build their case. But it's a pretty obvious conclusion he did this. But why??? Only 22 and so much life left to live...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back