TX - Lilly Parsons, 4, Found Dead in Vehicle, 6 July 2011

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Texas Girl Found Dead in Vehicle Outside Parents’ Home

CLEBURNE (July 12, 2011)—Police say they’re investigating after a 4-year-old girl was found dead Monday night inside a vehicle that was parked outside the family’s home in Cleburne.

The child, who has been identified as Lilly Parsons, was reported missing by family members earlier in the day

http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/..._in_Vehicle_Outside_Parents_Home.html?ref=188

Girl, 4, found dead in family SUV near Cleburne

A Johnson County girl playing outside apparently got into a sports utility vehicle Monday evening and died as temperatures hovered over 100 degrees, authorities said Tuesday.

Investigators have not determined how long the 4-year-old girl was in the vehicle before she was discovered.

The victim, Lilly Parsons, was found by deputies of the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department shortly after they arrived in the 1200 block of Westlake Road near Cleburne in Johnson County.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/12/3215743/girl-4-found-dead-in-family-suv.html#ixzz1Ru7QgoIO

According to this article : http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/12/3215743/girl-4-found-dead-in-family-suv.html

Her parents called 911 about 6:46 p.m. Monday after they made a quick search around their property

Parsons was pronounced dead at 7:20 p.m. Monday

Just how long had this poor girl been missing ? I do not believe she would have died in that short amount of time being in the car as stated above :furious:
She was missing much longer then that, imho, and the parents did not notice, where is the supervision here ?

if they searched the property you would think the suv would have been searched also. with kids you never take things for granted. you never think oh its locked they couldn't have gotten in there. i know we get busy and there are times we forget to do things we normally do without thought.

Facebook of dad shows this family had a baby girl born around July 3rd. Lilly was gorgeous and looks so happy holding her baby sister. I would imagine Mom was busy with the new baby and maybe didn't realize how long Lilly had been out playing. My heart just breaks for this family...may their hearts one day heal.

I hate summers on Websleuths because we have so many of these threads. :( Rest in Peace Lilly.

Sometimes when there are two adult caregivers kids accidentally get ignored. Dad probably thought she was with mom and baby and vice versa. We 'lost' our son one time when he was about 3 and he apparently followed the neighbors cat and the neighbor brought our son back home and we did not even know he was missing. YIKES. That was a wake up call for us. But last I looked he was out in the yard helping his dad on a project. He wandered off and my DH assumed he went back in the house. But he walked up the side yard and out of the gate and followed the kitty next door. Thank goodness a nice older lady lived there and NOT a RSO.

So I hate to automatically assume there was gross negligence. They may have thought she was taking a nap and she went outside unnoticed. I do wonder how long she was in the car though. If she was reported missing at 6:30ish then they may have looked an hour or so. I wish they had looked in the car but I understand why they might have overlooked it. You are scared and in shock and looking everywhere you can, but are not
professional searchers.

I DO wonder if maybe she was left in the car earlier though. That would be devastating for them to deal with. Poor baby.

My question is how does a 4year old crawl into the back seat of a SUV and strap their selves into the car seat?

I don't see how the child was able to reach and open door on a SUV.??????

My question is how does a 4year old crawl into the back seat of a SUV and strap their selves into the car seat?

My 4 year old can open the door of our suv, close it (if it's not wide open) while she's inside it, and put her seat belt on.

She was not strapped into the car seat according to the article in the very first post.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/..._in_Vehicle_Outside_Parents_Home.html?ref=188

"The police report says the child was not strapped in her car seat and it was unclear if she had been left there or got into the vehicle on her own."

This scares me every summer. If she got in the car, wouldn't she have open it if she got to hot? This is really heartbreaking. My daughter is almost 4, and I've always been worried about this. My kids are not allowed to play outside alone. I feel, not in this case since we don't know what happen, but people in general need to watch there kids outside.

I took my kids and dog down the road to a neighbors. When we got home, the dog came out with me, but must have jumped back in while my son got out. Within 30 minutes I started thinking I left her outside. She never runs away. I looked all over, and guess what I went to my car to drive around and there she was. I am so thankful that in Maine it was not in the 80's yet, and my car was still under shade. She did not even feel hot when she got out. I was so lucky, but felt so bad.

This scares me every summer. If she got in the car, wouldn't she have open it if she got to hot? This is really heartbreaking.

snipped for brevity. Perhaps they have child locks on the suv, mine does. The doors cannot be opned from the inside..its a saftey measure while driving, but the front drivers door always can be opened.RIP sweet baby

My 4 year old can open the door of our suv, close it (if it's not wide open) while she's inside it, and put her seat belt on.

Mine too. It's very likely. Sad story.

My little 3 1/2 year old granddaughter can do the same. And she is a tiny little thing, barely registering on the growth charts. I never underestimate what a child can do.

My own daughter disappeared (she was 4 at the time) and I never knew it until a strange man knocked on my door with her. She had been playing in the back yard just a few minutes before, I had checked on her, went to do something briefly and in the space of a few minutes she had gotten over a mile up the road and he picked her up. Talk about a heart attack!!! (thankfully she knew her way home and he was a good person)

So sad. Prayers for the family.

This scares me every summer. If she got in the car, wouldn't she have open it if she got to hot? This is really heartbreaking.

snipped for brevity. Perhaps they have child locks on the suv, mine does. The doors cannot be opned from the inside..its a saftey measure while driving, but the front drivers door always can be opened.RIP sweet baby

That may well be it.

I'm also thinking a child that age might get sleepy, take a nap in the car and then be too heat-impaired to fully wake up and even try to get out.

My 5 year old has been getting in by herself and strapping herself in for quite a while, so it's not terribly uncommon.

This is very close to where I live, and it was 103 yesterday. :(

4-Year-Old Girl Found Dead in Family's Suburban

Johnson County sheriff's deputies are investigation the apparent accidental death of a 4-year-old girl near Lake Pat Cleburne.

Lilly Parsons had been missing for an hour and a half before she was found inside the family's Suburban around 9 p.m. in the 1200 block of West Lake Road.

"Lilly somehow got outside and no one knew it," Lilly's grandfather Curt Parsons said.

Parsons said his granddaughter had "a tendency lately to hide" and her mother, nanny and 6-year-old sister went looking for her

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/125392123.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back