1167 users online (160 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Bruce Springsteen's Little League Baseball Teammate Subject Of 1984 Hit 'Glory Days'

Bruce Springsteen's Little League baseball buddy, Joe DePugh, had no idea that the entertainer wrote a song about him being a star athlete.

But one of DePugh's co-workers was familiar with the story of the 1967 graduates running into each other at a New Jersey bar in 1973 and catching up on old times. He immediately recognized the scenario when he heard Springsteen's 1984 hit "Glory Days" and told DePugh about it.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sto...it-glory-days/

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I love that song! It always cheers me up if I am having a bad day.

I've always wondered who was Candy. One of my fav songs by Bruce is "candys room". Such intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by pghbrandi View Post
    I love that song! It always cheers me up if I am having a bad day.
    "...well time slips away
    and leaves you with nothing mister but
    boring stories of glory days..."

Which is the part that lifts your spirits, brandi: the drunken ex-athlete, the ex-cheerleader struggling to make it as a single mom or the father who can't find work after being fired from the factory? LOL.

I hope Bruce give his friend some of the proceeds from the song, it would only seem right, lol.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Listening to "Glory Days", always makes me happy! I guess it reminds of when I was growing up!

im a huge Springsteen fan but for some reason Glory Days is one of my least favorite.
    I guess Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River albums spoiled me but that mush mouthed yokel delivery he gives the song always seemd so dumbed down and contrived it gets on my nerves.
    But as many people love that song I figure it must just be me.

Lol, I've never liked Bruce Springsteen and Glory Days is the only song he ever did that I actually enjoy.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.