Bruce Springsteen's Little League Baseball Teammate Subject Of 1984 Hit 'Glory Days'

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Bruce Springsteen's Little League baseball buddy, Joe DePugh, had no idea that the entertainer wrote a song about him being a star athlete.

But one of DePugh's co-workers was familiar with the story of the 1967 graduates running into each other at a New Jersey bar in 1973 and catching up on old times. He immediately recognized the scenario when he heard Springsteen's 1984 hit "Glory Days" and told DePugh about it.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/st...ball-teammate-subject-of-1984-hit-glory-days/

I love that song! It always cheers me up if I am having a bad day.

I've always wondered who was Candy. One of my fav songs by Bruce is "candys room". Such intensity.

I love that song! It always cheers me up if I am having a bad day.

"...well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days..."

Which is the part that lifts your spirits, brandi: the drunken ex-athlete, the ex-cheerleader struggling to make it as a single mom or the father who can't find work after being fired from the factory? LOL. :)

I hope Bruce give his friend some of the proceeds from the song, it would only seem right, lol.

im a huge Springsteen fan but for some reason Glory Days is one of my least favorite.
I guess Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River albums spoiled me but that mush mouthed yokel delivery he gives the song always seemd so dumbed down and contrived it gets on my nerves.
But as many people love that song I figure it must just be me.

Lol, I've never liked Bruce Springsteen and Glory Days is the only song he ever did that I actually enjoy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back