GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is going back and forth on McD. I don't think it's a stretch to think no matter whether he did it or not, the police seem to be leaning heavily in his direction. Why else would the forensics be so important unless they think evidence collected from his apartment is crucial?

I think these petty theft charges are to keep him under control until the lab results come back.

I think everyone is going back and forth on McD. I don't think it's a stretch to think no matter whether he did it or not, the police seem to be leaning heavily in his direction. Why else would the forensics be so important unless they think evidence collected from his apartment is crucial?

I think these petty theft charges are to keep him under control until the lab results come back.

I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to agree. I didn't want it to be him---maybe just because I didn't want it to someone who seemed stereotyped by his looks and demeanor. I really had hoped he was just a bumbling "weird" guy who was socially awkward.

There are a lot of rumors going around town right now, and you can hardly go anywhere without hearing people whispering about it. If I were guessing, I'd say the judge would again deny bail on Thursday. I don't really want to feed the rumor mill, but I don't think it looks good for this guy.

No matter what the outcome, justice must be done, and I hope this sad chapter for the Giddings family and the city of Macon is closed soon.

Mia said:
Anyway, I was just listening to the SM interview again, specifically the part where the reporter mentions that a body was found and SM gets all flustered and says he needs to sit down. Does anyone else find it surprising that he doesn't ask any questions - for example, if he were innocent, you'd think upon hearing a body had been found he'd ask, "WHERE?!" "Is it her?" "When?" etc. I know I would - particularly I'd want to know where, but I know I'd have a ton of other questions for the messenger of the news. That his response was only that he needed to sit down is suspicious to me. I have to admit at first I thought he did it, then I changed my mind and decided he might be being held only to keep the public calm, like some here have speculated, but now I'm back on the guilty side of the fence again, and I think that's where I'll stay. Too many coincidences, suspicions - little things on their own but all together they point to SM's guilt, IMO.

I think these two nailed it. And although I have gone back and forth, and have even felt guilty of being overly judgemental of McD, I am once again leaning more towards him being guilty. And thanks Mia for pointing that out about the interview!!! I think that is definitely worth noting.

I heard today that certain LE are confident about things, specifically about having McD already in custody. Very word of mouth, so take it FWIW.

Lab results please?

Sometimes even though it waddles and quacks, we don't want to call it a duck.

I've said more than once I was not completely convinced McD is the one. But after all I've heard and read at this point, I'm about 90% there. I don't believe there is some conspiracy in which LE has McD locked up to keep the public satiated. He's there because they know things we don't.

I spoke with someone I work with today, who drives down Georgia Avenue every day. She said that she drove past the apartments earlier today and saw several squad cars with their lights on, and a plumber's van. Hmmmm... maybe taking out more plumbing?

Thanks for the local update McMunn!! Lab found a trace but requested additional sample?

Where's Lauren DiSpirito when you need her?

I spoke with someone I work with today, who drives down Georgia Avenue every day. She said that she drove past the apartments earlier today and saw several squad cars with their lights on, and a plumber's van. Hmmmm... maybe taking out more plumbing?

That's curious...Thanks for sharing McMunn :)

Thanks for the local update McMunn!! Lab found a trace but requested additional sample?

Where's Lauren DiSpirito when you need her?

Maybe they were there to put some of the plumbing back in, in the other apartments that they checked. She was also telling me about someone she knows who lives kitty korner toward the back of the apartments, and how they were watching as they were pulling the tub out of SM's apartment last week.

]Maybe they were there to put some of the plumbing back in, in the other apartments that they checked.[/B] She was also telling me about someone she knows who lives kitty korner toward the back of the apartments, and how they were watching as they were pulling the tub out of SM's apartment last week.
Ha! That's what I was thinking.

Macon police continue to search the apartment complex, a nearby cemetery, the river area and a public park where Giddings often jogged for "any kind of evidence germane to this case," Macon police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet said Tuesday, July 12.

Gaudet said that police continue to interview Giddings' friends and acquaintances.

"What we're trying to do is exclude … we're trying to say that so and so who knew her could not have done this horrific act," Gaudet said, adding that the interview process has been long because Giddings new many people.

"I can't say that there's no more persons of interest, I can just tell you that she was a girl that was very involved," Gaudet said. "She was very involved at her law school, at her church, in her community, and she cast a wide net. She had many friends and many contacts."

Gaudet said that Stephen Mark McDaniel, 25, who police named as a person of interest in their investigation on July 1, has not been excluded from the investigation.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore...giddings-update-0714-20110712,0,5920245.story

Sighhh, nothing about the forensic results.

Maybe they were there to put some of the plumbing back in, in the other apartments that they checked. She was also telling me about someone she knows who lives kitty korner toward the back of the apartments, and how they were watching as they were pulling the tub out of SM's apartment last week.

I was a little surprised at how soon LE allowed Lauren's apartment to be cleared out. I somehow thought they would keep it intact for a while longer, just in case they needed to verify something or go back and look for evidence.

Possible they were reinstalling new plumbing for the parts tht were taken out and sent for testing..

But would that really require LE in squad cars to be present for plumbers just installing replaced pipes and fittings. IMO I wouldn't think so. But as always jmo, tho!!

Possible they were reinstalling new plumbing for the parts tht were taken out and sent for testing..

But would that really require LE in squad cars to be present for plumbers just installing replaced pipes and fittings. IMO I wouldn't think so. But as always jmo, tho!!
I thought about that Smooth. We don't know what they were doing, but IF they were reinstalling the plumbing, the extra security might've been warranted to keep the media and curious onlookers at bay.

No News From Macon Police on Giddings Case

Once they received those results, she said, police may not be able to announce any immediate action in the case.

Then around 7 p.m., she said by email that police did not plan any update on the case.

Police have said they have no solid suspects and were awaiting those test results before deciding how to proceed.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/135416/175/No-News-From-Macon-Police-on-Giddings-Case
BBM- Really, no solid suspects?! Ughhh!!!

It's not clear whether they received the results or not. Sounds like they don't want the media and the public getting in their way while waiting for an update.

BBM- Really, no solid suspects?! Ughhh!!!

I wonder if their "not planning to give any updates" and their quote that they have no suspects means the McD forensics were a dead end?

I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to agree. I didn't want it to be him---maybe just because I didn't want it to someone who seemed stereotyped by his looks and demeanor. I really had hoped he was just a bumbling "weird" guy who was socially awkward.

There are a lot of rumors going around town right now, and you can hardly go anywhere without hearing people whispering about it. If I were guessing, I'd say the judge would again deny bail on Thursday. I don't really want to feed the rumor mill, but I don't think it looks good for this guy.

No matter what the outcome, justice must be done, and I hope this sad chapter for the Giddings family and the city of Macon is closed soon.
Among the folks who are talking, do any of them know him personally?

I thought about that Smooth. We don't know what they were doing, but IF they were reinstalling the plumbing, the extra security might've been warranted to keep the media and curious onlookers at bay.

Yeah, but I wonder why they would have the lights on if that's all that was going on.

A friend of mine drove by yesterday afternoon. A squad car was just sitting in the apartment lot. I wonder if they are using their surveillance to film anyone who is in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni