1159 users online (254 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Witness tampering alleged

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rld&id=8246376

Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.
    Last edited by Salem; 07-13-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Additional information on this witness tampering can be found here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117002"]Witness Laura Buchanan Backs Out - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post

Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.
    Thanks, JBean. I was wondering about this after seeing a brief tweet about it during yesterday's conference with investigators. If this can be proven to be a "new" allegation and upon further investigation, proven, could Casey be tried again?

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with that one, but I try to cling to any life raft that floats past me.

com n sense is offline She yells from the corners, but few seem to hear her!
    It says during the trial so I pray they are on to something.

It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Has it been confirmed that Buchanan is the subject of the investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...
    No, but there could legal action against JB and possible disbarment.

I think it is kind of craptastic that Amy H received a threatening call about dropping charges and not a thing was done about it. If that isn't outright witness tampering, then what is?

First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"

"There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings

I would not put it past anyone on that defense team to have done something completely underhanded. My gut tells me they also tampered with the jury, but we may never know that for sure. There is no logical reason why they "won" this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    No, but there could legal action against JB and possible disbarment.
    Possibly, if it could be proven. But that won't affect Casey either, sadly...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post

I think theses are new ones. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by reeseeva View Post
    First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"
    Her testimony also had a big effect on the jury and, in large part, increased their suspicion of George. It's been said by some jury members that their believe George was lying is what kept them from convicting Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I think it is kind of craptastic that Amy H received a threatening call about dropping charges and not a thing was done about it. If that isn't outright witness tampering, then what is?
    Wow, I never heard about that! Wonder if it was one of the Anthony clan who threatened her?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Krishnamurti

Possibly Roy Kronk's son??

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast