1159 users online (254 members and 905 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 208
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759

    Witness tampering alleged

    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rld&id=8246376

    Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

    ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.
    Last edited by Salem; 07-13-2011 at 12:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Additional information on this witness tampering can be found here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117002"]Witness Laura Buchanan Backs Out - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


    Salem

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Green Acres
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rld&id=8246376

    Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

    ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.
    Thanks, JBean. I was wondering about this after seeing a brief tweet about it during yesterday's conference with investigators. If this can be proven to be a "new" allegation and upon further investigation, proven, could Casey be tried again?

    I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with that one, but I try to cling to any life raft that floats past me.

  4. #4
    com n sense's Avatar
    com n sense is offline She yells from the corners, but few seem to hear her!
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Land Of The Strong & Free
    Posts
    511
    It says during the trial so I pray they are on to something.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,905
    It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Has it been confirmed that Buchanan is the subject of the investigation?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johns Creek
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...
    No, but there could legal action against JB and possible disbarment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,902
    I think it is kind of craptastic that Amy H received a threatening call about dropping charges and not a thing was done about it. If that isn't outright witness tampering, then what is?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,623
    First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"


    "There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    I would not put it past anyone on that defense team to have done something completely underhanded. My gut tells me they also tampered with the jury, but we may never know that for sure. There is no logical reason why they "won" this case.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    No, but there could legal action against JB and possible disbarment.
    Possibly, if it could be proven. But that won't affect Casey either, sadly...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,073
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rld&id=8246376

    Do we think these are the same allegations made earlier in the year or late last year regarding Lyons and the searchers? or new ones?

    ORLANDO, FL -- A Florida sheriff announced Tuesday that authorities were looking into witness tampering allegations during Casey Anthony's murder trial, even as he held a wide-ranging news conference with his top investigators in what he said was an effort to bring closure to a case that polarized the country.
    I think theses are new ones. IMO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by reeseeva View Post
    First person I thought of was RC/KH, and changing her original story, and then being paid $4,000 from the Nat'l Enquirer. I always had the feeling she changed her story after possibly meeting with the Defense.....They ran with "An Accident that Snowballed Out Of Control" Her testimony totally discredited GA, on anything he had testified to....which could have been the "Plan"
    Her testimony also had a big effect on the jury and, in large part, increased their suspicion of George. It's been said by some jury members that their believe George was lying is what kept them from convicting Casey.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I think it is kind of craptastic that Amy H received a threatening call about dropping charges and not a thing was done about it. If that isn't outright witness tampering, then what is?
    Wow, I never heard about that! Wonder if it was one of the Anthony clan who threatened her?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Krishnamurti

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    518
    Possibly Roy Kronk's son??

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 04:52 PM
  2. 2010.10.20 - PI Lyons Accused of Witness Tampering
    By nums24 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
  3. Tampering Investigation Who? What? When? Where? We already know why!
    By sleutherontheside in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 697
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 10:30 AM