Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bforster View Post
    Wow…. I just don’t get it!!!! How do these people come crawling out of the woodwork and become “currently working with the attorney’s in the Casey Anthony Matter”???? Is this guy getting paid?? Does he have a deal with CBS? Did CBS pay him?? Does he have a book deal or movie deal in the works??? People don’t work for free!! What is going on here?? This girl has been declared INDIGENT, indigent people can’t afford such extras especially when her own Attorney declares he is working for paupers wages... God I am soooo pissed!!!!

Well, isn't the defense team getting paid by the state of Florida? Casey has been declared indigent, yet money never seems to be a problem. How does this work? I don't get it.
    "12 villages in Florida have lost their idiot."

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to martea For This Useful Post:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by belle3 View Post
    Anyone else think its time for that GAG order???!!!

I don't know about you, but I'm gagging!
    "12 villages in Florida have lost their idiot."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martea For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Perhaps this was posted and I missed it....

http://www.rr.com/local/topic/articl...s_social/full/

Jane Velez-Mitchell then asked the question voiced by many who believe that George Anthony is innocent and was unfairly portrayed by the defense as a pedophile. She questioned Singer by saying, OK. Let me ask you this, Amy. Do you have any qualms? Do you have any kind of feeling that, "Hey, I might have contributed to destroying George Anthony`s life? Maybe he isn`t a molester. Maybe he`s just a guy, a simple man caught in a very bad situation? And now that the defense targeted him, based on all these tweets, we`ve destroyed his life." Any thoughts on that?

To that, Amy Singer replied, No. All I did was pass on the intel . All I did was decide to use the Internet and use the social media and cherry-pick comments and pass that on to the defense. And it`s just nothing more than a trial consulting strategy. It`s the 21st century focus group, if you will.
    That just infuriates me beyond words.
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

BE prepared to VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://trialconsultants.com/

For instance, when the blogs started attacking George Anthony, Singer and her team took notice and encouraged the defense to beef up their attacks on the defendant's father.
    "We had to know how much to blame George," she said. Similarly, bloggers "loved" Cindy Anthony until she took credit for the chloroform searches and then began to turn on the defendant's mother. At that point, Singer's team "distanced ourselves" from her and encouraged Baez to take a watered-down position in closing arguments that "at least she had some sort of maternal instinct."

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

BE prepared to VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://trialconsultants.com/

For instance, when the blogs started attacking George Anthony, Singer and her team took notice and encouraged the defense to beef up their attacks on the defendant's father.
    "We had to know how much to blame George," she said. Similarly, bloggers "loved" Cindy Anthony until she took credit for the chloroform searches and then began to turn on the defendant's mother. At that point, Singer's team "distanced ourselves" from her and encouraged Baez to take a watered-down position in closing arguments that "at least she had some sort of maternal instinct."
    Now we know why he was constantly looking at his cell phone. Disgusting.
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

I don't know about you, but IMO it does not bode well for a jury consultant to admit "targeting" people as a strategy.

At some point....legal ethics will have to be considered.

Wonder if JB's "suitors" really want to be tied in with this fracking FARCE????

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

I don't know about you, but IMO it does not bode well for a jury consultant to admit "targeting" people as a strategy.

At some point....legal ethics will have to be considered.

Wonder if JB's "suitors" really want to be tied in with this fracking FARCE????
    I know! It just really sickens me. I really think there should be no cell phones and no internet allowed during trials either. It is disgusting the number of people this (IMO) murderer had on her side. And they all had no problem with shady sleazy tactics!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Interesting tweet by Amy Singer..

http://twitter.com/#!/amysinger0908

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Interesting tweet by Amy Singer..

http://twitter.com/#!/amysinger0908
    I assume you mean the murder case one...did you see the one about her friend running for judge? She won!

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/Ka...106583573.html

Karen Gievers Wins Circuit Judge for Florida's 2nd District
    The race for Circuit Judge for Florida's second circuit came down to two Tallahassee women attorneys, Karen Gievers and Barbara Hobbs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Ms. Singer posted

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/f.../message/12467

The KC case is discussed as well.

Discusses trained alerts in K-9's. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/gro...12464?o=1&d=-1
    Last edited by sleutherontheside; 08-13-2011 at 08:42 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Does ethics no longer have a place in the profession? Is there no governing or overseeing board that can ensure that a certain standard of ethical conduct is maintained by the profession? The last few posts on this thread make it seem as if strategy is all that matters. It makes my heart heavy to think that this is the reality of it in the profession. I don't generally think of myself as naive, but I honestly am disheartened to learn that THIS is what it all boils down to....the side with the better strategist(s) "wins".

What happened to the search for truth?

And the fact that I'm a FL resident and have paid for this 'conduct' upsets me beyond my ability to adequately articulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Now we know why he was constantly looking at his cell phone. Disgusting.
    ..and why dorothy couldn't take her eyes off of her laptop..

..and why baez had to always say----can i have a minute judge? ( so i check over at the defense table and see if "we" have any more questions...)

Lawyers USA: How did the lawyers use the information you mined from these blogs?

Singer: We sent comments constantly to [defense attorneys] Jose [Baez] and Dorothy [Clay Sims]. They had to integrate the comments into the trial and think fast, and they geared their case toward that. For example, when Cindy (Casey's mother) testified [that] she did a [Internet] search for chloroform, everybody hated her. But others said this was a mother protecting her child. So we knew how to play that. That's exactly what Jose said in his closing: 'She's protecting her child.'

..baez was probably texting her at the podium-------when jeffA got in trouble for calling him on it..
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Little Black Dress View Post
    Does ethics no longer have a place in the profession? Is there no governing or overseeing board that can ensure that a certain standard of ethical conduct is maintained by the profession? The last few posts on this thread make it seem as if strategy is all that matters. It makes my heart heavy to think that this is the reality of it in the profession. I don't generally think of myself as naive, but I honestly am disheartened to learn that THIS is what it all boils down to....the side with the better strategist(s) "wins".

What happened to the search for truth?

And the fact that I'm a FL resident and have paid for this 'conduct' upsets me beyond my ability to adequately articulate it.
    That's what I've learned from this trial...I never knew there was such a thing as a "defense strategy". I really thought the defense attorney just defende their client to the best of their ability. I never imagined it was common to make up something. I should have known from the Thomas Capano case where he suddenly during trial, after previously denying knowing anything about the disappearance of Anne Marie Fahey, suddenly claimed his other lover had shot Anne Marie in front of him. And now Conrad Murray is claiming Michael Jackson killed himself...it's disgraceful. Defense strategys are bad enough but throw in this social media/consulting to see who they can throw under the bus...I am really disgusted.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    ..and why dorothy couldn't take her eyes off of her laptop..

..and why baez had to always say----can i have a minute judge? ( so i check over at the defense table and see if "we" have any more questions...)

Lawyers USA: How did the lawyers use the information you mined from these blogs?

Singer: We sent comments constantly to [defense attorneys] Jose [Baez] and Dorothy [Clay Sims]. They had to integrate the comments into the trial and think fast, and they geared their case toward that. For example, when Cindy (Casey's mother) testified [that] she did a [Internet] search for chloroform, everybody hated her. But others said this was a mother protecting her child. So we knew how to play that. That's exactly what Jose said in his closing: 'She's protecting her child.'

..baez was probably texting her at the podium-------when jeffA got in trouble for calling him on it..
    BBM/ That's the moment I was thinking of. Hey, this can be FCAs new job...searching social media for trial strategys.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast