Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Maybe they're just saying all of this for kicks. I'm not even taking it seriously, honestly.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBounds For This Useful Post:

Another quote:

"I preferred to have people on the jury who didn't have children. All the bloggers kept saying, 'I'm a grandparent and if my grandkid went missing for three minutes I would know,' or, 'I'm a mother and I wouldn't be out partying if my daughter was missing.'

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to stmarysmead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stmarysmead View Post
    Mods please remove if this has been discussed already:

http://www.trialconsultants.com/

"The consultants' job was hardly over once the jury was picked. In fact, that's when it became a full-time gig for Singer. The consultants were tasked with monitoring voluminous social media sites to keep their finger on the public's pulse. To keep up with the blog traffic, Singer asked for volunteers on the website of the American Society of Trial Consultants and was overwhelmed with responses.

When Singer first told Baez about the social media plan of attack, he wasn't convinced.
    "He said, 'Do we really need to do that?'??" recalls Singer, who believes the prosecution also did not realize the need to monitor social media.

snip

Once Singer assured Baez of the necessity of social media, she and her team combed through blogs to isolate the "important negative comments" they felt needed to be addressed.
    snip

For instance, when the blogs started attacking George Anthony, Singer and her team took notice and encouraged the defense to beef up their attacks on the defendant's father.

"We had to know how much to blame George," she said. Similarly, bloggers "loved" Cindy Anthony until she took credit for the chloroform searches and then began to turn on the defendant's mother. At that point, Singer's team "distanced ourselves" from her and encouraged Baez to take a watered-down position in closing arguments that "at least she had some sort of maternal instinct."

snip

Lawyers USA: You said blogs were a "life saver" in the case. How so?

Singer: They were a life saver because they told us what the prosecution was thinking. Then the defense lawyers were able to answer those questions [in front of the real jury]. It was like having a free shadow jury. You would not believe the kinds of things people were saying, and a lot of it was counterintuitive. I needed to hear from pro-prosecution people. I don't preach to the choir. I go to extreme measures to find people who are against my client. I'm not interested in persuading people on my side. I'm interested in persuading people on the fence.

happened after [her daughter Caylee] died, [such as Casey partying and getting a tattoo in the month after], nothing before, so it doesn't go to premeditation.

snip

Lawyers USA: How did the lawyers use the information you mined from these blogs?

Singer: We sent comments constantly to [defense attorneys] Jose [Baez] and Dorothy [Clay Sims]. They had to integrate the comments into the trial and think fast, and they geared their case toward that. For example, when Cindy (Casey's mother) testified [that] she did a [Internet] search for chloroform, everybody hated her. But others said this was a mother protecting her child. So we knew how to play that. That's exactly what Jose said in his closing: 'She's protecting her child.'

Much more on this site.
    --------------------
    We must learn to use reverse psychology.
    A CHRISTMAS STORY HOUSE .
    Me , Amy , Melissa .

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Well, I see who encouraged the "lynch mob" meme too. I watched the trial after 3 years of not thinking much of or researching this case at all. I did not know what this jury might end up convicting her of. I also didn't dream she would be acquitted of every charge related to the death of Caylee-it boggles my mind.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KathrynL For This Useful Post:

makes me think back to speculation on GA being "creepy" for calling casey gorgeous and commenting on her weight and appearance ect. wonder if that helped float the letter to cookie about the dreams of GA in caseys room and her "sick" feeling when waking up.

i wish during trial that all phones and internet devices had to be shut off. i think JB was reading from someone off of his phone all during the trial giving him immediate feedback. also the reason for pop tart witnesses. he would read the feedback at night and bring it up the next day. this is an issue i have with public/televised trials although i cant be a hypocrite since i didnt miss a minute of testimony.

i hope no one one here feels responsible for their very informative and interesting posts.
    in the end no matter what the DT threw out i dont think the anyone or even the state for that matter could have guessed that 12 juorors would be so willing to toss common sense aside. i do wish however that i knew how much of the circumstancial evidence the state wasnt allowed to present vs what they chose not to present. i feel bad that the prosecution is being second guessed by the media just due the sheer amount of passion for Caylee they presented. it must be painfu for them. i wont go into the "what they could have done differently" since there is a thread for that.
    its crazy how during the trial all the TH's specualtion about ineffecive counsel appeals then people swiftly jumped on the genius defense badwagon after the verdict was read. amazing what a difference a day made. but yes, i believe the defense got all of their ideas from the web and that was smart of them but please posters dont let this hurt you personally somehow. this site has brought the truth of this case to many and it is not anyones fault that evidence was supressed. also, no one could have known the jury would be so unwilling to view the evidence that was presented. i personally do not feel the states case was weak enough for a total aquittal. it was stronger than scott pertersons and he sits on death row.

btw...i joined this site June 2011. i had been reading it for years before. i was to dumb to understand the part about no yahoo, gmail or aol accounts. i kept trying to join and thought i was being rejected because mods couldnt trust who i said i was. so i thought it was heavily protected. i do understand why people would wish it to be a private site but since the focus isnt helping people win trials but instead try to solve, understand or discuss important cases I can see why its good to allow people the opportunity to learn, view and communicate. (also a small part of me is glad the jury has the option to see why people feel the way they do about the verdict).

This is exactly why I have never posted a theory or suggested anything that the DT could use. Its pretty sad when they have to look to others to find a defense or understand the case
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

They would not have to have registered just to read what was being posted here...only if they wanted to post.
    Just my opinion, of course.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    This is an indication of how strong an influence the internet and forums like this really do have. But the prosecution could have gotten lots of ideas from here as well, and maybe they did. At least, their theory echoed what many believed about the "Bella Vita" motive. The question is, why was it not believed?
    I dont think so, the prosecution isnt tasked with coming up with ideas. Their job is actually to... i know, this will sound crazy.... tell the truth and show evidence that supports it lol. I think it's insulting that defense attorneys admit that their theory of innocence was not based on what happened, but based on judging people's stupidity and weakness. I dont want a prosecutor to try to change the theory based on what the public likes or is susceptible to, I want them to present what the evidence shows. And they did.

Unfortunately we ended up with 12 people with no critical thinking skills and common sense, but I wouldn't want the prosecutors to lower themselves to the disgusting level the defense team did in this case just to win. Id rather focus on making jury duty harder for people to get out of, making laws that jurors cant profit on cases, and not automatically excuse someone who has heard about the case as long as they say they can judge fairly on the evidence.

This only adds to my disgust. This only adds to my belief that the sleazy defense team tactics are the only reasons a murdering monster mother is being set free on Sunday and will be allowed to potentially procreate again. This only adds to my belief that lies and more lies heaped onto lies and more lies worked against the the true aim of our justice system--to arrive at the truth. Instead of "the truth shall set you free", we all now see that it's really lies that shall set one free.

During the prosecution's closing argument, I wondered if JA had gotten the idea about Caylee beginning to talk from a thread on this forum. The moment he referred to Caylee forming sentences and that it wouldn't be long before she would expose Casey's lies, I thought about that (insightful) thread on here about Caylee "tattling".

Quote Originally Posted by Clock's Tickin View Post
    according to the jurors interviewed so far:
    1)the prosecution lawyers weren't as fun to watch as JB Inconsistent with instructions
    2)George behaved badly on the stand Not evidence
    3)they didn't want to be responsible for anybody's death without knowing "manner of death" of the victim HHJP told them not to consider this in the G/NG phase, IIRC

Ohhhhh the insanity!!!!
    Red by me....so, any hooo, I kinda figured JB was peeking at us when we started the Jose "Quite Frankly" Baez thread and we never heard "quite frankly" again. A couple of other little things here and there.

There are very few, IMO, blogs, forums or otherwise that would be worth viewing or could be taken seriously aside from this one. This is, after all, the forum where a head detective (that always reminds me of the Damon Wayans bit), friends, bondsman, attorneys and other key sleuthers primarily reside.

I don't feel we gave them anything to use against Caylee, and that is the important issue. If the jury chose to do what they did, it has little to do with us. What I would hope, in the very least, is that maybe this consultant took a look at the many other threads on this forum and passed along to the squad the good work that is done here. Not that they care about justice for missing children, but I would like to think they realize there is a much greater good out there than their paychecks.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

No one here should feel responsible AT ALL. Discussions were done here in good faith.

But here's my issue: every person that testifies... swears to tell the truth in that courtroom. But the Cheney Mason/Jose Baez team is not concerned with "truth." They are actually concocting stories as they go along...that Internet research tells them might just float. There's nothing about "truth" in that.

They realized George was vulnerable. BINGO! They made the man a child rapist. Didn't matter that it was a lie. George and Lee, no matter how anyone feels about them, will have to live the rest of their lives burdened by the lies of slick, saavy lawyers who came here and elsewhere to choose their Targets-to-Smear.

This is the Cheney Mason/Jose Baez approach to their jobs. Trial by trumped-up character assassination.

If the Internet was the origin for choosing Targets...then it would seem...everything they said was created by the jury consultant, not Casey.

Another quote:

"I preferred to have people on the jury who didn't have children. All the bloggers kept saying, 'I'm a grandparent and if my grandkid went missing for three minutes I would know,' or, 'I'm a mother and I wouldn't be out partying if my daughter was missing.'
    Guess the bloggers weren't that idiotic.

But I've never understood this idea that the childless would be OK with the murder.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 1tasha For This Useful Post:

gee if casey was so innocent why the need to scrounge the web for insight. the evidence would have spoken loud and clear for her. oh wait. there was nothing pointing to her being inncoent of the charges. JMO. ugh. everyday i read something new that angers me again. it feels like this trial/verdict will continue to twist the knife deeper into those of us who cannot stop reading about it. everyday is a new reason to be upset. i wish i could stop reading/posting on this particular case post verdict but at times its catharic to discuss this because no one in my world cares to listen. they are all 'over it"
    i actually feel bad since i've neglected reading all of the other cases since the trial started.

i always felt the DT read this site. so JB isnt brilliant. posters are. at least he got to read everyones opinions on his behavior - although he probably thinks he since he "won" it doesnt matter.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to erinleigh For This Useful Post:

No one here should feel responsible AT ALL. Discussions were done here in good faith.

But here's my issue: every person that testifies... swears to tell the truth in that courtroom. But the Cheney Mason/Jose Baez team is not concerned with "truth." They are actually concocting stories as they go along...that Internet research tells them might just float. There's nothing about "truth" in that.

They realized George was vulnerable. BINGO! They made the man a child rapist. Didn't matter that it was a lie. George and Lee, no matter how anyone feels about them, will have to live the rest of their lives burdened by the lies of slick, saavy lawyers who came here and elsewhere to choose their Targets-to-Smear.

This is the Cheney Mason/Jose Baez approach to their jobs. Trial by trumped-up character assassination.

If the Internet was the origin for choosing Targets...then it would seem...everything they said was created by the jury consultant, not Casey.
    And she was glad to oblige-The jury consultant didn't shake KC's head for her, mouth stupid utterances-nope-she did all the dramatic acting by her little self.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast