GUILTY OK - Boyd & Doris Haynes, both 86, die in arson fire, Oklahoma City, 13 July 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Couple killed in arson fire in south Oklahoma City; neighborhood teen arrested
A man who made wooden chairs and his wife, known for making cookies, were killed early Wednesday in what appears to be the bombing of their house in southwest Oklahoma City.

Police identified the victims as Boyd and Doris Haynes, who shared a birth date and were 86 years old.

A 15-year-old boy who lives nearby has been arrested in their deaths.
---
Police and fire investigators spent Wednesday morning collecting glass from a Molotov cocktail at the scene.
---
(the rest of the story, plus video, at newsok.com link above)

What a heartbreaking story. What would cause a 15year old to do this to this couple? RIP Boyd & Doris Haynes. :( I just don't know what else to say.

He looks so angry. Why do our kids have to do these things, his life is over, the poor people he murdered, lives are over and their family is left picking up the pieces and are heartbroken

RIP Boyd and Doris

Bail is denied for suspect in deadly Oklahoma City house fire
---
Tristan Ryan Owen, 15, stood in orange jail clothes with his hands by his side in a video arraignment that lasted less than a minute. It was his first appearance before a judge.

Oklahoma County Special Judge Russell Hall informed Owen that he was being held on murder and arson complaints. The judge told him bail is denied.
---
more at newsok.com link above, with video

This crime has upset me more than most crimes do. I am not sure why, except maybe because I grew up in south OKC, I am familiar with the area where this took place.

And possibly because the descriptions of these well-liked, long-married people make them seem like my own parents, who would fit the same descriptions.

But I think mainly because, they had every reason to expect to live out a few more happy years in each other's company, until this little psychopathic (look it up, firestarting is a symptom!) <self-modsnip> decided to do what he did.

:mad: :cry:

Police say Oklahoma City murder suspect said he made firebombs after watching movie &#8216;Jackass 3'
---
&#8220;Tristan denied any wrongdoing at first but later recanted his statement and admitted to making the Molotov cocktails after he saw them being made on a movie called &#8216;Jackass 3.' Tristan advised he did light the Molotov cocktails and throw them but they busted and never caught fire,&#8221; police detective Ryan Porter wrote in a request to a judge for a search of the boy's cellphone.
---
The rest at Daily Oklahoman link above.

(The most well-known example of "Oklahoma youths gone mad claim movie made them do it" concerned the crimes of Sarah Edmonson and Ben Darras, who blamed their crime rampage on repeated viewings of the Oliver Stone film Natural Born Killers. Victims filed a lawsuit against the film and its director but the case was dismissed.)

From June 2013:

http://newsok.com/article/3850938

Heartbroken family members reacted with disbelief Friday after a judge sentenced a teenager to six years in prison for setting an early morning house fire that killed a couple a few hours before they were to move into an assisted-living facility...

Terry Haynes sought the maximum sentence for Tristan Owen, 17, who was convicted in February of two counts of first-degree manslaughter and one count of first-degree arson...

With credit for time served, Owen could be released in less than four years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back