GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #2

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
missing_child_071211104702--300x450.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...ine_year_xSYfdysHi0iKWFQU6qdAeM#ixzz1Rug5iXNw

Thread #1

Please continue here...

One of the stories posted--and I've scrambled but haven't yet found it--described parenthood as endless calculus. I'm not a parent but I can see how that's true. At what age can your child do this or that. You make 99 decisions out of 100 that are perfect and this is how the one imperfection turns out. To me death is nothing compared to suffering. I was really engaged with the Caylee Anthony Case but her death was probably fairly quick. But this one to be bound and kept... I know history and current events have both shown us that value for human life isn't a given. Still, when you actually witness that kind of detachment--particularly to a child---it's still so chilling, you know?

Detectives believe Aron's statement is not entirely true. They think Leiby was killed on Monday, not Tuesday, and that Aron did not take the boy to the wedding in Monsey.

Aron's lawyer, Pierre Bazile, had little to say about his client or the crime. "Our condolences go out to the family of the victim," he said. "And we'll let the judicial system take its course."

At least he's not running around like Baez proclaiming his clients innocence before being tried. I'll give him that much, even though I don't care for Bazile's choice of the word 'our' in his above statement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ime_butcher_ex_says_cops_doubt_it.html?page=3

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011

Did anyone else feel that the female lawyer was unprofessional and cavalier? She was laughing as the video began and then kind of smirked a couple times...I just found it kind of offensive in this being such a new and horrific case...KWIM?

Maybe the ability to compartmentalize is what makes it possible to defend this kind of scum? There's something I admire about people who believe in due process regardless of the crime. I could never do it. And something about the way the defense lawyer sent his condolences to the family and said everything now needed to be handed over to the wheels of justice made me think he probably wished, sometimes, that he wasn't an appointed defense attorney.

Detectives believe Aron's statement is not entirely true. They think Leiby was killed on Monday, not Tuesday, and that Aron did not take the boy to the wedding in Monsey.

Aron's lawyer, Pierre Bazile, had little to say about his client or the crime. "Our condolences go out to the family of the victim," he said. "And we'll let the judicial system take its course."

At least he's not running around like Baez proclaiming his clients innocence before being tried. I'll give him that much, even though I don't care for Bazile's choice of the word 'our' in his above statement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ime_butcher_ex_says_cops_doubt_it.html?page=3

I used to live in Chicago. Maybe we have group think.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011

Did anyone else feel that the female lawyer was unprofessional and cavalier? She was laughing as the video began and then kind of smirked a couple times...I just found it kind of offensive in this being such a new and horrific case...KWIM?

I don't have working computer speakers but she looks like she is chewing gum while speaking.

Also, there are some marks on LA's face. I can't tell if they are moles or cuts from him shaving his beard. Can anyone tell? I tend to think they are cuts but can't be certain.

Also, has a his picture pre cutting the beard been put out in the media? I tend to think he must have had a much longer beard more typical of his culture and religious beliefs and then trimmed it to it's current length versus having a clean shaven face. I'm intersted in seeing what he appeared like when Leiby approached him.

Of course Arons statement is not fully true. I do not for a second believe the boy asked him for a ride to the bookstore. Nor do I believe the boy stayed at the apartment willingly, he was tied up - he had no choice.

I forget the name of the bookstore which has been reported, but I hope LE is at least exploring what kind of tie or the reason why LA would bring up the bookstore.

IF, as has been reported, there is no evidence of Leiby being sexually abused I can only come up with one other conclusion and that is LA derives gratification from death and dismemberment. As horrific as that is to consider. Though I still think LE can not yet fully rule out sexual abuse.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/123100/missing_brooklyn_boys_killer_confesses

Does this picture have more of a beard? Now I have to compare with the video...I feel like I saw an earlier picture in one of the earlier news articles but there were so many, I'm not sure I could find it...

This was after his arrest and the beard appears to be the same length as when he appeared in court.

I think we would have to go back to the survellience which captured Leiby to get an idea of how long his beard was when he abducted Leiby. I seem to recall the man Leiby following having a much longer beard.

I think LA may have used the same type of clippers one might use to cut their hair at home to trim his beard to it's current length after cutting it first. I think that is how most men cut their beard when they want to keep a beard at a shorter length.

I wish MSM would release his DMV picture. That might show what I imagine to be a much longer beard similiar to the men in the hasidic community and what his appearance may have been when Leiby felt he could be trusted.

jmo

I don't have working computer speakers but she looks like she is chewing gum while speaking.

Also, there are some marks on LA's face. I can't tell if they are moles or cuts from him shaving his beard. Can anyone tell? I tend to think they are cuts but can't be certain.

Also, has a his picture pre cutting the beard been put out in the media? I tend to think he must have had a much longer beard more typical of his culture and religious beliefs and then trimmed it to it's current length versus having a clean shaven face. I'm intersted in seeing what he appeared like when Leiby approached him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/levi-aron-arrested-lieby-kletzky_n_897184.html

This is the earlier picture I was thinking of...he actually has less of a beard, I think, than in the arrest and court pictures...I think he looks like someone Leiby would have been comfortable talking with in this picture...especially if he'd seen him around as some of the stories seem to suggest was possible (I believe it was stated somewhere that he had offered rides or something to other kids in camp-but I don't know if that was true or just a theory).

Appeared to me as though the state's female attorney was simply confirming to her associate that the Penal Code #s that the court spokesperson read to the court was just as she may have told her it would be.

I'm thinking about the video when Leiby was seen following a man. I think it was the one he was shown standing at the intersection waiting, then appears as if he is almost running to keep up with a fast walking man. I wonder if the beard appears longer in that video but I can't seem to find it right now.

LE is very skeptical that this is LA's 1st crime. The technique used by LA was skilled, and therefore there are questions how he could know this?

Aron removed the boy's clothes, police sources said, but they believed it was to make it easier to chop up the body - not for sexual purposes.

There was no evidence of sexual abuse, police said.

The clothes were found in a plastic bag in Aron's attic apartment.

Police said Aron said he did not mean to keep the feet - he simply had not gotten around to disposing of them yet.

Such was the city's unanimous fury against Aron - from the mayor to the skells in the cells - that defense lawyer Pierre Bazile asked for his client to be provided with protective custody.

Cops said the way Aron dismembered the boy showed some proficiency.

"There's nothing clean about the cuts, but it looks like he went through the joints, like he knew what he was doing," said one investigator. "Was he a butcher? Did he have a job where this skill was needed?"

Aron, who was a hardware store clerk in Brooklyn, worked behind the kosher deli counter in a Kroger's supermarket in Memphis during his brief Tennessee marriage in 2006, the store confirmed. Aron's duties did not include butchering, they said.

Two sources say the three computers seized from Aron's apartment will be searched to see if he viewed sites showing how to chop up a body.

Despite no record of previous crimes tied to Aron, investigators say it's hard to believe he didn't do something like this before.

"You don't kidnap a kid for the first time, tie him up in your house, leave, go to work, then come back and kill him then," said one police source.

Therefore, when Leiby got lost he walked over to someone who, though unrecognizable as an individual would have been very familiar to him as a member of his community, in other words bearded and with a yarmulke or a hat. Someone safe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/leiby-kletzky-killing_b_899318.html

Co-workers at the hardware store where Aron worked said on Tuesday the suspect seemed to have "cleaned up" and trimmed his beard.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stor...s--pleads-not-guilty-to-boy-s-gruesome-murder

LA is really small in statue (like a boy?) or is everyone just big around him?
LA sure has creepy eyes.

Leiby's mother is blaming herself. How horrible.

As a stream of mourners visited Leiby's family, his mother was said to be consumed with grief over a decision to give into her only son's pleas that he be allowed to walk by himself on Monday from his Borough Park day camp to a book store seven blocks away.

He was supposed to meet his family at the store but never showed up. Leiby would have turned 9 later this month.

Assemblyman Dov Hikind of Brooklyn said the boy's mother is "beating herself up." He said she shouldn't be doing so: "There's no reason in the world, but from her perspective, if he had continued taking the bus, he'd be home. So it's obviously difficult. But she did nothing wrong."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304521304576446433004865952.html

Did one of the MSM articles say LA worked for a butcher in NY? Or did I misread... I thought one of the MSM articles included three previous places of employment; the hardware store, deli and a butcher. Maybe I misread?

Did one of the MSM articles say LA worked for a butcher in NY? Or did I misread... I thought one of the MSM articles included three previous places of employment; the hardware store, deli and a butcher. Maybe I misread?

I read that his ex-wife said he worked in Kroger's as a butcher but I just read somewhere else that he worked in the deli and not as a butcher...

Is this the surveillance video you were referring to?:

More details on the wedding, and what LA said he did with Leibby during that time.

A law-enforcement official said Mr. Aron said he left the boy in his car with a window cracked open and stayed at the wedding only a short time because his back was bothering him.

"It sounded incredible to think he would pick up this kid with potentially evil intent and then go off to a wedding," the official said. "But he did go off to a wedding. So he says the kid was with him, and we haven't ruled out that was possible."

Mr. Kelly said Mr. Aron told the detectives he returned Monday night to his apartment in a home he shares with his father, stepmother and uncle and planned to bring Leiby home the following day.

The boy watched TV and then fell asleep, Mr. Aron told detectives. Mr. Aron said he slept in a separate room.

Mr. Kelly said there is no evidence the boy was sexually assaulted.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304521304576446433004865952.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back