1238 users online (222 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Investigators said Monday that the bizarre deaths of an Arizona multi-millionaire's son and girlfriend at the historic Spreckels Mansion on Coronado may be related after all.

Last week, San Diego Sheriff's investigators said they had no evidence linking the two incidents, but Monday a homicide detective said the two tragedies may be connected after all, but declined to elaborate.

Results of an autopsy on Zahau have been sealed. Sgt. Frank said toxicology results are pending, but a determination on whether Zahau took her own life or was murdered should come later this week.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ksw...0,323715.story
    Wow...get ready for a ride, folks. Thanks for posting.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.
    Joe,

That is a great observation.........awhile back there were some pictures of the house.....

has anyone heard if JS picked up the dog and took him back to AZ with him?
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

i really just think there is not enough information/too much conflicting information in this case to make a solid determination about anything, imo. i wonder if that will change or if they will continue to reveal little information. i think there has been so little information because it is an ongoing investigation, at this point i don't think it is anything more than that.

That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.
    How could he hit a chandelier suspended from the ceiling?

Yes he could've hit his head on the table but I don't believe it would've caused death unless he was deliberately tossed with force and smacked his head. IMO
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    How could he hit a chandelier suspended from the ceiling?

Yes he could've hit his head on the table but I don't believe it would've caused death unless he was deliberately tossed with force and smacked his head. IMO
    it's pretty low hanging and there is a second story, he could have been trying to swing from it. i think a fall from the second story could result in pretty serious injuries.

but really, who knows at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattyWoman View Post
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/q...edirected=true

Memorial contributions honoring Max may be made to Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation either by mail to 9045 E. Pima Center Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, or via their website, www.whisperinghoperanch.org

Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation has collaborated with organizations serving children with special needs and their families to design customized camps, retreats and other curricula.

http://www.whisperinghoperanch.org/b...directors.aspx

Board Of Directors

Executive Committee
    Susan Bansak
    Vice President, Board Governance

Ron Butler
    Vice President, Finance

Robert D. Hartman
    Vice President, Operations

Robert G. Mayfield
    Vice President, Facilities

Jonah Shacknai
    President

Mark Sklar
    Vice President, Development

Am I the only one who gets a strange feeling about memorials being sent to one's own charity?

I happened to do quite a bit of research on shell/shelf companies (not that this is one) in the past few weeks and I am now queasy whenever I see fairly rich folks connected to strange LLC's and such. Anything in Delaware and Wyoming is cause to look deeper.

Entity Name: DFE TRUST COMPANY, LLC
    Entity Type: Foreign Limited-Liability Company File Number: E0438162008-8
    Qualifying State: Delaware

Manager: Susan Bansak

Ok... I'm not even going to look into the rest of these folks as this is the second person I've researched where a "Foreign Limited-Liability Company" came up - the other one was the person on a walk (People aren't afraid for themselves," Hartstein said on a morning walk)

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
    Thanks, Paladine...I got the part that there are two kids, I didn't realize that the FB posting had been REMOVED...now I get the "silenced" comment.
    You get it...but I was wrong. There are not 2 sisters, there is one 13yr old BOY and one 14 yr old GIRL. (links upthread)

Now, they said a 13 yr old made the 911 call (link upthread)...but also I recall inference, in the least, that it was a GIRL who made the call.

We need good reporting.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    it's pretty low hanging and there is a second story, he could have been trying to swing from it. i think a fall from the second story could result in pretty serious injuries.

but really, who knows at this juncture.
    For some reason, this is what I keep picturing in my mind. A 6 yo jumping from the railing, hanging on the chandelier and the chandelier breaking loose and crashing to the floor on top of the boy. From that point a lot depends on how he lands (broken neck?) and how heavy the chandelier was. Obviously I don't know, but this is what I think happened from the reports.

If we were looking at this from the other side/perspective, is that an open balcony upstairs that looks down on the stairs? Or a closed wall?

The photos we are being shown are from 2005.
    From links at the beginning of this thread, IIRC he wanted to do major renovations that were shot down by the Historic committee. (he received major tax break to keep the house intack)
    Such as, master bedroom add on and glass roof.
    He was allowed to do small updates.

ETA: 2 story home.

IMO

Makes you wonder about the kids..

I think there is a big missing piece in regards to if all the kids were there with their dad. We know a girl was...sounds like she made the phone call. But he has a 13 year old son also. I can't imagine that only the daughter was there and not the son.

There was talk about the daughter going back to SC...but where has the son been this whole time? How did the children get along? Was there any jealousy over the 6 year old? They had different mom's. I know when my son was born my 15 year old step-daughter loved her little brother and the 13 year old step-daughter was not pleased that their dad had another child by someone else.

Could they have been playing together and it have caused the Maxie to get injured? I always wondered why we heard that the 13 year old left immediately back to SC.
    Last edited by sargenet; 07-20-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: clarification..

Quote Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
    I think there is a big missing piece in regards to if all the kids were there with their dad. We know a girl was...sounds like she made the phone call. But he has a 13 year old son also. I can't imagine that only the daughter was there and not the son.

There was talk about the daughter doing back to SC...but where has the son been this whole time? How did the children get along? Was there any jealousy over the 6 year old? They had different mom's. I know when my son was born my 15 year old loved her little brother and the 13 year old was not pleased that their dad had another child by someone else.

Could they have been playing together and it have caused the Maxie to get injured? I always wondered why we heard that the 13 year old left immediately back to SC.
    A link was posted earlier saying the 13 year old WAS NOT related the homeowner. (so it wasn't his daughter) Also, his daughter lives in AZ correct? Not South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by freshmom View Post
    (bolded by me)
    In the comments section for this article, a poster describes meeting the Shacknais and there is a description of Mr. Shacknai's children, in addition to Max, there is a girl (G) and a boy(E).
    Appearances can be so deceiving, imo. After reading the many credible sounding claims of abuse from both parties during the divorce, now, reading about how they seemed so wonderful from the outside in the comment section of that article is so typical, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    A link was posted earlier saying the 13 year old WAS NOT related the homeowner. (so it wasn't his daughter) Also, his daughter lives in AZ correct? Not South Carolina

Yes, but others have said on here that LE verified it was his daughter who made the 911 call. Maybe they will give the links again.

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    And many links were posted that he/she WAS related...what to believe?

Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast