1073 users online (215 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    For some reason, this is what I keep picturing in my mind. A 6 yo jumping from the railing, hanging on the chandelier and the chandelier breaking loose and crashing to the floor on top of the boy. From that point a lot depends on how he lands (broken neck?) and how heavy the chandelier was. Obviously I don't know, but this is what I think happened from the reports.
    Max "had fallen from stairs and was not breathing and did not have a pulse."

Post #576

I haven't seen any reports suggesting he fell from hanging on a chandelier.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    earlier in this thread somewhere, someone posted an obituary of JS mom, and it states that there is a boy and a girl. it is also stated that there was a boy and a girl elsewhere iirc
    I read in a comment section of an article that there was a son almost as old as Rebecca.

No link

Also read that there was just one staircase but that seems hard to believe.

It seems it would have a servant’s staircase unless it was eliminated in the renovations.

I know Spreckles thought of such because I booked a room unairconditioned room in the Hotel Del that was a maid’s quarter.

Yes, that is a hotel but still I can't see an estate in that location of that era not having such because the help would need accommodations.

It was only accessible by ferry in those days?

all imo

Quote Originally Posted by sargenet View Post
    I think there is a big missing piece in regards to if all the kids were there with their dad. We know a girl was...sounds like she made the phone call. But he has a 13 year old son also. I can't imagine that only the daughter was there and not the son.

There was talk about the daughter going back to SC...but where has the son been this whole time? How did the children get along? Was there any jealousy over the 6 year old? They had different mom's. I know when my son was born my 15 year old step-daughter loved her little brother and the 13 year old step-daughter was not pleased that their dad had another child by someone else.

Could they have been playing together and it have caused the Maxie to get injured? I always wondered why we heard that the 13 year old left immediately back to SC.
    I think you've raised some valid questions. The same questions that have been swirling around my mind. With as little as we have, that's where I'm tilting.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    A link was posted earlier saying the 13 year old WAS NOT related the homeowner. (so it wasn't his daughter) Also, his daughter lives in AZ correct? Not South Carolina
    I think his son and daughter live in South Carolina with his first wife, their mother. His second wife, Max's mother, lives in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    Yes, but others have said on here that LE verified it was his daughter who made the 911 call. Maybe they will give the links again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
    And many links were posted that he/she WAS related...what to believe?
    it has also been reported iirc that there were TWO females in addition to rebecca. so really. who knows. lol

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    A link was posted earlier saying the 13 year old WAS NOT related the homeowner. (so it wasn't his daughter) Also, his daughter lives in AZ correct? Not South Carolina
    Both his 13 year old son and 14 year old daughter do not live in AZ... they live in SC with their mother, Kimberly James (his first wife). Previous articles last week stated that G<modsnip> went back to SC on Monday...

Lea Corbin, with Coronado Police, originally stated that only Rebecca and his daughter were at home.
    Last edited by Salem; 07-21-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Please don't identify minors

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHousewife View Post
    How many times have we heard stores of someone claiming to be doing or have done CPR on a victim via 911 calls or in statements only to have paramedics determine that it probably didn't happen later? Just because he SAYS he did doesn't mean that he did. She could have been long dead and cold. I want to know WHO determined she was in distress. Was it the paramedics when THEY arrived (meaning she was breathing?) or was it the brother who says she was breathing when he found her?

The articles in this case are so backwards and contradictory of each other. I would like to see ONE local publication cover all of the points and do it accurately in one place. I know...I'm a dreamer.

Just before 7 a.m. Wednesday, a 911 caller reported that a woman was possibly dead.

Coronado police officers found Nalepa in "distress" and firefighters tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...#ixzz1Sfqxze1w

Adam says she is possibly dead... Adam is not the one who says she is in distress.

The police officers use police speak and say (paraphrasing) "We have a female in distress."

The police don't determine if she is dead or alive, they just say she is "in distress."

Firefighters/EMTs
    arrive and do their job which is to make sure she is really dead, try to revive her.

They are unsuccessful and she is pronounced dead at the scene.

I think people are looking too hard at the term "in distress." That is officer speak that you hear all the time.

Some even have that in their 10 codes "Officer in distress" or "subject in distress."

I think she was already dead when they arrived... but because she wasn't dead for an extended period of time the cops didn't pronounce her DOA. (No more than 6 hours, phone call at midnight.)

I think if there was any breathing when they arrived they would have continued CPR and other life saving efforts until they got her to the hospital.

Why was the sister's fb comment removed? It was a loving message. I'm confused about that.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Perhaps he fell from a higher area of the stairs (see arrow), hit the chandelier, smashed into the table, etc. That would be very serious. Also, this is an old photo - we do not know if he had done any renovations in that area...perhaps removing carpeting? Wooden floors? Hitting his head, breaking his neck along the way, hitting head on bannister... etc...just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Investigators said Monday that the bizarre deaths of an Arizona multi-millionaire's son and girlfriend at the historic Spreckels Mansion on Coronado may be related after all.

Last week, San Diego Sheriff's investigators said they had no evidence linking the two incidents, but Monday a homicide detective said the two tragedies may be connected after all, but declined to elaborate.

Results of an autopsy on Zahau have been sealed. Sgt. Frank said toxicology results are pending, but a determination on whether Zahau took her own life or was murdered should come later this week.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ksw...0,323715.story

Maybe a connection in that the tragedy of Max’s “incident” brought someone to town….

A heavy duty electrical cord….

Like others I’m thinking of the ropes around barges and tugs similar in bulk and length but with practice used with ease….

But why would a killer leave such items on the body when it is sure to cause suspicion?

Unless that person is out of touch with reality and is unable to determine what others would perceive as suspicious.

Some one that is so disordered that they live a life far removed from their wildly successful brother so much so that they are unable to fit into a conventional role even in the most rudimentary way so as to benefit from any generosity.

That all instead of my notion of an idyllic Twain-ish life on the Mississippi with only basic housing to hang a hat when not on the river and a deliberate contrasting of a sibling’s materialistic image driven lifestyle.

Someone having happened on to a defense attorney retaining the attorney.

all imo

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Looking at the photo of the staircase, plush carpeting makes it even more difficult for me to believe Max died from that fall. There's more to this story, imo.

At the base of the stairs is marble flooring. We had marble flooring in our previous home and I was always nervous when kids would run in our house. It could crack your skull for sure. I wonder if he fell all the way to the bottom of those stairs?

ETA: Never mind I copied and zoomed in on the pic above. It looks like carpet and not marble.
    Back to lurking mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Why was the sister's fb comment removed? It was a loving message. I'm confused about that.
    From what I've been able to tell, her profile was public and then went private after the media reported her comment. The comment may still be there, we just can't see it anymore. FWIW, I would do the same if the media started reporting on my Facebook. It's meant for friends and family, not the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnydolll View Post
    Perhaps he fell from a higher area of the stairs (see arrow), hit the chandelier, smashed into the table, etc. That would be very serious. Also, this is an old photo - we do not know if he had done any renovations in that area...perhaps removing carpeting? Wooden floors? Hitting his head, breaking his neck along the way, hitting head on bannister... etc...just speculating.

That's a good point. Also, we know that this photo is from before JS bought the mansion. The carpet and decorating are very outdated, I would not expect them to still be there since JS had done some updating.

A team of 15 detectives is investigating the death of a woman at the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado but determining the cause could take weeks, sheriff's officials said Wednesday.

Detectives from the San Diego County Sheriff's, Coronado Police and the California Justice departments are investigating the circumstances around the death of Rebecca Nalepa, 32, the girlfriend of mansion owner Jonah Shacknai, a pharmaceutical industry executive.
    When firefighters, police and paramedics arrived at the 27-room mansion on Ocean Boulevard, Nalepa's nude body was on the grass, her feet were still tied together, but her hands were not.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...o-mansion.html

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast