OR OR - Steven Moline, 30, Clackamas County, 30 June 2011

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2011/07/clackamas_county_authorities_l.html

Published: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 2:38 PM
Updated: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 10:16 PM
By Rigoberto Hernandez, The Oregonian

Clackamas County authorities looking for missing man

9803780-small.png

He is 6' 8" tall....that's very tall and should make it easier to spot him out there somewhere.

http://www.flashalertportland.net/press-releases-cat.html

Clackamas Co. Sheriff's Office - 07/16/11
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
Jim Strovink, Detective
Office of Public Information
12700 SE 82nd Avenue, Clackamas, Oregon 97015

NEWS RELEASE (PF / Photo Bulletin Attached)

Please reference CCSO Case #11-19637

Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, Search & Rescue Coordinators and an estimated twenty or more volunteers searchers are in the field today participating in the search for a reported missing person believed to be suicidal and suffering from severe depression.

The reported missing person and focus of the ongoing search is identified as Steven Martin Moline, Jr., age 30, of Portland.

On June 30th, 2011, Steven Moline was last observed on foot carrying a backpack and did not have a campsite in the area. Moline was last witnessed in the vicinity of Bagby Hot Springs, east of Estacada, in Clackamas County.

It is also reported that Steven Moline has a seizure disorder and is believed to be without his prescribed medication.

Search & Rescue personnel started the search today at 7:00 a.m.; which was initiated from the Pansy Lake Trailhead, in Clackamas County. This is a remote location, and electronic communications are very poor, if not impossible to establish.

Steven Martin Moline, Jr. is 30-years-old and physically described as a: (Photo Attached)

* White male adult
* 6'08" tall
* 190 lbs.
* Brown hair
* Blue eyes

Additional information will be posted immediately if any new activity or information surfaces related to the ongoing search.

Anyone in the community, who has additional information concerning Steven Moline, Jr., or his present location, is encouraged to contact the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office at 503-655-8211.

Please reference CCSO Case #11-19637 [END]

Carol Degagne had a special bond with her son, Steven Moline, before he disappeared four months ago under odd circumstances in Oregon’s Mount Hood National Forest.

“Almost every night, he’d call me or text me and tell me he loved me,” said Degagne, who lives near Padden Parkway and works as clerk and part-time caregiver for a disabled man.

Moline, 30, a gay man who grew up in Vancouver and had moved to Portland, had a nice smile and personality and was 6 feet 8 inches tall, but he had many problems.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/nov/12/mother-seeks-aid-in-search-for-her-son/

The FB page in the findsteven.org site isn't working for me.

By the way, does anyone know what his other tattoos (and piercings) are? The Charley Project website mentions his "CASH ONLY" hand tattoo, but not any others. In the picture where he's wearing a red shirt there's at least another one visible closer to his wrist.

Are there any news about him? The strange thing is, the website and Facebook page created to find him are almost empty and there haven't been any substantial updates since 2011. I can't find any recent news like you see for some other cases where newspapers and such will remind readers it's been one year, two years since someone disappeared.

I don't know if this article has been posted: http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2011/12/witnesses_come_forward_to_tell.html

According to his friends he asked for a ride to that location and then kept insisting they should keep driving, when his friends refused to keep going because they didn't have any more gas he left. If that's true then I wonder where he was trying to go.

I also wonder why it took so long for LE to begin searching, even if the people who called in didn't have his full medical history and last name surely they could have gotten a hold of some records? It seems he lived in a low-income housing area, if it was funded by the town or the government I assume they could easily have found files and I think his friends would know his address if they were neighbors anyway.

I wonder what was the furthest they made it in searches, did the trail stop near any roads or important spots? And so on.

:twocents:, :moo:, etc.

Veidt, no updates, even now :( no news doing any update or anything, they seem to not care, even though this whole thing is fishy.

I wouldn't call them friends, I am quite sure some if not all of them were only acquaintances. One of the "friends" is known as a habitual liar with a hot temper, or at least, used to have one.
Here's my question for you....if you slept with someone who had HIV and didn't tell you, or you were inebriated when it occurred and didn't realize HIV until later, what would you do? What would some individuals do? What would some individuals do just over herpes??? I have spoken with several people who told me they would kill themselves, and maybe even the other person...and these are not criminals or murderers. One person told me he would probably kill me if I hadn't told him I had herpes before he made moves on me (I had questioned out loud whether I should have ever told him as he blabbed it to his ex who then messaged me mean emails), for example.

I am sure there are other possible scenarios where something could have gone awry..it could involve drugs (not necessarily done by Steven, but maybe done by other/s), or something as simple as a snide comment or Steven not wanting to party anymore and go home, and someone taking it the wrong way..who knows!

Another thing, if they reported him to have a backpack, why would he have it if he was suicidal?? If he was suicidal, wouldn't he likely do that sort of thing alone, and not with others who could stop him? Why would they agree to let him get out of the car and leave him alone if he was suicidal? And what was in his backpack?

Law enforcement likely had no legal reason to believe a crime was committed, and maybe not enough manpower, so maybe that is why they didn't search..

if he lived in the low income Washington name hotel, that is a hotel, I don't believe housing?

Steven Martin Moline Jr. – The Charley Project

Steven Martin Moline Jr.
  • steven_martin_moline_jr._1.jpg
  • steven_martin_moline_jr._2.jpg
  • steven_martin_moline_jr._3.jpg
  • moline_steven4.jpg
Moline, circa 2011

• Missing Since06/30/2011
  • Missing FromDetroit, Oregon
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age30 years old
  • Height and Weight6'8, 170 - 190 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, jeans, low-top shoes and a military-style backpack.
  • Medical ConditionsMoline suffers from severe depression and may have been disoriented and/or suicidal at the time of his disappearance. He also suffers from epileptic seizures and hepatitis, and he's HIV-positive. Moline needs medication which he doesn't have with him. His medical conditions make him weak; he isn't able to walk far and his shoulders dislocate easily. He has a history of heroin abuse, but was in recovery at the time of his disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Black hair, blue eyes. Moline has the words "CASH ONLY" tattooed across his fingers and a tattoo on the top of his left wrist just above his hand. He may have other tattoos and piercings as well.
Details of Disappearance
Moline was last seen in Detroit, Oregon on June 30, 2011. He was traveling with four friends to a party in Bagby Hot Springs in the Mount Hood National Forest when they got lost just before dark.

According to his friends, they were low on fuel and wanted to turn back, but Moline insisted on going on, left the vehicle with his backpack and started walking down the road. Moline's friends said they waited half an hour for him to return, then turned around. He has never been heard from again.

Moline's mother believes foul play was involved in her son's disappearance. She stated they were close to each other and in daily contact, and she doesn't believe he would have left without contacting her. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him; the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. Because of Moline's medical conditions, he is considered to be at risk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back