CA - Donna, 52, & Briana Williams, 18, murdered, Rancho Penasquitos, 18 July 2011

Reaction score
This sad story is dominating our local news. Well, this and the deaths related to the Spreckels mansion.

My son called me today to say that someone he worked with knew them personally. Anyway, he said this was a wonderful family.

What could have gone so horribly wrong?

fran

PS...fwiw, the mom was working in the child abuse unit. She worked closely in the Danielle VanDam case.

RIP Donna and Brianna. :rose:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/18/police-investigating-doulbe-homicide-rancho-penasq/

Friends mourn deaths of mother, daughter in Rancho Peñasquitos

"Donna and Bree were best friends,” Don Portugal, one of Briana’s softball coaches, recalled at a vigil Monday afternoon. “They were as tight as a family can get.”

About 300 mourners gathered to comfort one another and share stories about the mother and daughter. Friends wept as they placed flowers on the pitcher’s mound at Canyonside Park.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm guessing untreated mental illness wins again.

What tragic losses for us all. :(

I'm guessing untreated mental illness wins again.

What tragic losses for us all. :(

Indeed, you were correct.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...led-in-Rancho-Penasquitos-Home-125741348.html

Police sources say Brian suffers from schizophrenia and on June 30, officers were called out to the family home after Brian caused a disturbance.

Sources say Donna had been upset with her son because he wasn't taking his medications for schizophrenia and threatened to kick him out of the house.

Source: Man Arrested in Deaths of Mother, Sister | NBC San Diego

I'm also in San Diego and just cannot fathom how these things happen.....

Three lives....destroyed....

I felt so bad watching the Acting Police Chief talking on the evening news. He looked so sad.

What's will probably transpire:

1) Insanity plea
2) Not guilty by reason of insanity
3) Committed to mental hospital
4) Several years later, pronounced "cured" and released into society
5) Lord only knows...

Pardon my cynicism.

I did see the news late last night that revealed the son's illness.

What a shame it took something so tragic to force this guy to take his medication.

fran

I did see the news late last night that revealed the son's illness.

What a shame it took something so tragic to force this guy to take his medication.

fran

Doesn't it always?

IMO, we are tragically inept in dealing with our mentally ill in this country. Families are not equipped to handle violent or potentially violent family members who are mentally ill and, they shouldn't be expected to attempt it.

How many times have we seen cases like this? So sad and senseless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back