GUILTY FL - Blake, 54, & Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, beaten, Port St Lucie, 16 July 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43788533/ns/local_news-west_palm_beach_fl/

Police: Teen Killed Parents, Hid Bodies During House Party
17-Year-Old Accused Of Beating Parents To Death With Hammer

July 18, 2011

"Police said a 17-year-old boy killed his parents in their Port St. Lucie home and then hid their bodies in a bedroom while he threw a house party. Tyler Hadley has been arrested on two counts of first-degree murder in the death of his parents, Blake and Mary Jo Hadley. Port St. Lucie police spokesman Tom Nichols said they received an anonymous tip that a teenager who lived at the house on Granduer Avenue had killed his parents and left their bodies inside.

When officers conducted a welfare check at the house early Sunday morning, they found the bodies on the floor inside the locked master bedroom, Nichols said. Nichols said books, towels and other household items that were piled on top of the bodies was a "deliberate attempt to conceal the bodies inside the room."

Police said the high school dropout sent a Facebook invitation to friends about a party at his house Saturday night. Police said 40 to 60 teens attended the party, which lasted into the early-morning hours Sunday...."

more at link

This is sad. I had read it in our local news this morning. Good grief. :(

Because they said no to you having a party? :banghead:

These poor people. How very sad. May they rest in peace.

The Hadley's were being sued for $15,000 after their son last year hit and injured a child in a car registered to Mr. Hadley.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-parents-hammer-Facebook-house-party.html

What is going on with these kids murdering their parents because they are told NO!!!!!! Is it lack of fear of their parents. Many people believe it's wrong for parents to instill that fear in their kids. We were afraid to look crooked or talk back to our parents. Murdering them? You kidding me?

A hammer too. A hammer. My friend called me the other day crying that her DD came after her with a hammer. A woman that is helping you raise your child and giving you a place to live and feeds you and you curse her and chase her with a hammer? Easier said than done, but if my kid came after me at all, period she'd be needing a Dentist.

What the heck is going on in this world?

What can you say? Those poor people.

Who knows what evil lurked in that child or what sparked the violence. Tyler might have seemed totally normal to neighbors...and possibly to his parents too. His MS page looks like a million others. He's the perfect age for the onset of mental illness. He surely was compartmentalizing and a healthy person simply can't do that. I seriously doubt that his parents saying "no" precipitated this tragedy. Just like Kip Kinkel, I think things had probably been bubbling beneath the surface for a long long time.

Rest in peace, Mr. and Ms. Hadley.

Who knows what evil lurked in that child or what sparked the violence. Tyler might have seemed totally normal to neighbors...and possibly to his parents too. His MS page looks like a million others. He's the perfect age for the onset of mental illness. He surely was compartmentalizing and a healthy person simply can't do that. I seriously doubt that his parents saying "no" precipitated this tragedy. Just like Kip Kinkel, I think things had probably been bubbling beneath the surface for a long long time.

Rest in peace, Mr. and Ms. Hadley.

Beautifully stated, missizzy.

The report says there was an older brother that moved out only 3 months ago. I'm sure he's devastated and will go through life wondering "what if he hadn't moved out?"
Kids at this age never live beyond the moment it seems. He wanted what he wanted and he wanted it NOW.
His dad looked like a big guy, though. How could he not fend him off? The articles I've read said the weapon was a hammer.
Sigh... in any case.. like someone else mentioned, there must have been some underlying mental problems taking their toll unless it was just pure sociopathic selfishness which we see more and more of lately.
The immediate gratification generation, no matter what the cost :(
God rest their souls.
Parents killing children, Children killing parents. I'm starting to question my choice to live in Florida...

Just kill whatever is in your way to a good time, and then go party. Sound familiar? Will he use the Orlando team to get off, or are there duplicates everywhere? Will he luck out and find a jury that is completely bamboozled by the defense lawyer? Will he be free in no time? He just wanted to have a good time? Why don't we understand?

As police tell it, Hadley posted word on Facebook around 1:15 p.m. Saturday that he would be hosting a party at his house that night. Sometime afterward, the parents were attacked outside their bedroom, where their bodies were brought and covered with varied household items, and the door was locked.

The party went on as planned, with as many as 60 guests having such a raucous time that police were called with a noise complaint. They arrived at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, but the party was already breaking up.

Then, tipped off that a murder may have taken place, they returned to the home at about 4:24 a.m. Hadley was seen pacing inside a front bay window, police said, and when he finally answered the door he appeared nervous.
Inside the master bedroom, they found the bodies.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43803478

I wonder if Baez has had a chance to contact him yet, or if he's too busy trying to turn his last client into a celebrity. Maybe Mason can pick up the slack while Baez babysits the baby killer. Better yet, maybe Mason and Baez can start a campaign to change the law so it recognizes that spoiled rotten offspring may feel compelled to murder their parents or offspring from time to time, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be celebrities.

If Baez gets hold of him, you can bet the story will be that the parents accidentally drowned and the kid panicked, bludgeoning them with a hammer and set it up to look like a murder out of some sort of misguided fear. The party will be explained as ugly coping and magical thinking.

My advice to the ME, even though COD is obviously blunt force trauma, document the fact that they could not have drowned in the family pool.

Just sayin

The prosecution needs to tie up ALL the loose ends, because juries in Florida are prone to acquit if there is even the tiniest shadow of a doubt, even a one-in-a-million chance the defendant didn't do it.

If they have a photo of the killer standing over the bodies with the hammer in his hand, that might help.

/sarcasm

In his brief appearance via video conference from jail, the teen glanced downward and calmly replied, “No, sir,” when asked by the judge whether he had a lawyer or any questions. He was ordered held without bail and appointed a public defender.

His politeness was baffling to Tom Bakkedahl, the prosecutor who later viewed the bodies of Hadley's parents as they underwent autopsies at the medical examiner's office.

“His demeanour in court was not consistent with what I saw at the autopsy,” Bakkedahl said of the parents, whose heads and torsos were maimed in the attack. “It's absolutely horrific. The injuries were just massive.”

Hadley's next-door neighbour, Raeann Wallace, said she has known the teen since he was born. He was friendly and polite and never seemed to be the source of any problems. She'd even ask him to keep an eye on her house when she went on vacation.

d09c6da44218b8717a35cfa5e69e.jpeg

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...ed-of-killing-parents-baffles-prosecutor?bn=1

those poor parents im so heartbroken they were killed by their own son ..im glad my son finally got help..i wish he would have just talked to them told them why he was so angry and hateful .. god i can relate to this case so much

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back