Sex Offender Awarded Custody of 3 Year Old

Kimberlyd125

Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet
Reaction score
Sex Offender Awarded Custody of 3-Year-Old Florida Girl

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...tody-3-year-old-florida-girl/?test=latestnews

The
family of a 3-year-old Florida girl is outraged after a judge awarded custody to the child's father, who is a registered sex offender, WJXX-TV reports.

Trista Crews Coleman, the child's mother, reportedly died in a car accident a month after her daughter, Miranda Wilkerson, was born.

Earlier this month, a judge gave custody to the child's father, Donald Coleman, a registered sex offender who impregnated Trista Crews Coleman in 1997 when he was 38 and she was 14 years old.

Sex Offender Awarded Custody of 3-Year-Old Florida Girl

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...tody-3-year-old-florida-girl/?test=latestnews

The
family of a 3-year-old Florida girl is outraged after a judge awarded custody to the child's father, who is a registered sex offender, WJXX-TV reports.

Trista Crews Coleman, the child's mother, reportedly died in a car accident a month after her daughter, Miranda Wilkerson, was born.

Earlier this month, a judge gave custody to the child's father, Donald Coleman, a registered sex offender who impregnated Trista Crews Coleman in 1997 when he was 38 and she was 14 years old.

This is flying all over Facebook today. There apparently is some speculation that he may not be her father at all, because he filed a petition with the court against Trista, alleging that she was pregnant with another man's child, while she was pregnant with Miranda. So, they gave custody to a registered sex offender, who has a history of denying the paternity of the child in question...as if there's not enough tragedy in the world. I'll go look for a link.

Here it is:
Coleman was married to Trista Crews, Miranda's mom, when she was born in 2007. Coleman and Crews were in the middle of a divorce at the time. A divorce petition filed by the sex offender notes he was aware that his estranged wife was pregnant with another man's child.

One month after her birth, Crews was killed in a car wreck and while Coleman may not be Miranda's biological dad, he is considered her legal father.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-Detail-Why-Sex-Offender-Got-Custody-of-Child

Thanks NMK.

So was this child with the Mother's family since 2007 and now the RSO got her?

It says they have three children together. Does he have custody of all of them?

I'm a bit confused Donjeta.
Seems he was convicted for sleeping with her and getting her pregnant.

So, he is a RSO who since married his victim.

Then they had 3 kids.

Who knows.

I had no idea that parents can sign so their 14 year olds can get married.

Here is another article (there is also a video interview with the grandmother)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-Loses-Custody-of-Girl-to-Father-Sex-Offender

Grandmother Loses Custody of Girl to Father, Sex Offender

Coleman, now a registered sex offender with a history of domestic violence and aggravated assault, is able to get custody of Miranda because he was still married to Crews Coleman at the time of Miranda's birth and is considered the legal father.

"Her whole world is here (so) how could a judge do that?" said Manning.

At Coleman's Georgia home, a woman answered the door and said Coleman wasn't there.

"I have a feeling why you are here," she said. "I'm not gonna say the word and get custody of a 4-year-old."

When asked why Coleman wanted Miranda, she did not respond. Coleman's attorney declined to comment, saying adoption cases are private.

Manning is not giving up. She tells Miranda, "Nana is doing everything she can so you don't got to leave me..and I won't let go."

Miranda's biological father told us he has hired an attorney to try and get Miranda out of the sex offender's home.

BBM -
So, he knew Miranda wasn't his when he fought for her.
And, Miranda has a bio dad who will fight for her.

And, this guy does not even live in FL anymore, he lives in GA.

So, this judge gave Miranda to this RSO that has a record of being violent when there are others, family members, who want her???

:banghead:
Is it any wonder why so many children are victimized?
Now I will walk away so as to not receive a TO.

From Kimberly's quote:

At Coleman's Georgia home, a woman answered the door and said Coleman wasn't there.

"I have a feeling why you are here," she said. "I'm not gonna say the word and get custody of a 4-year-old."

I don't understand what she means. What word? What would give this unknown woman the custody?

From Kimberly's quote:

I don't understand what she means. What word? What would give this unknown woman the custody?

I didn't get that either. I read it like 10 times and could not figure it out.

This is such an outrage, I can hardly type. What is wrong in Florida, have they not lost enough children.... and they want to send this little one back to her pedophile, convicted sex offender father - who by the way got her mom pregnant with Miranda when she was just 14 and he was 38. Come on why is the system not working....help!!!!:banghead:

http://services.georgia.gov/gbi/gbi...xualOffenderDetails&sexualoffenderId=640562W3

SOunds like on top of everything else, there's another woman in the picture that doesn't even want Miranda. That's just beautiful. Every single red flag that exists is present here, EVERY SINGLE ONE. There is no precedent that the judge has to do this, and if it isn't repealed, unfortunately, this case will be the precedent for future cases like it. There has to be a way to stop this.

This is an outrage. Not even considering the RSO issue, paternity should have been determined prior to awarding custody regardless of the legalities. Biological relatives should outweigh marital relatives. That said, anyone who would allow their 14 year old to marry someone more than twice their age probably shouldn't be given custody of another little girl to raise either. This guy probably doesn't really want the child but has something to prove to someone. I hope this child ends up with someone who will not only love her but also care for her properly, regardless of their biological relationship.

This whole thing is just disgusting! This better be overturned quickly is all I can say.

God help that child.

:waitasec: So the grandmother the child was taken from gave permisson to her 14 year old pregnant daughter permission to marry this man? I'm thinking the child should have never been placed with either of them! Too late now...

There should have been a bonding study done to establish the best intrest of the child would be to have stayed in the only home she has ever known and with the grandmother she's bonded to.

State of FLORIDA, that's all I have to say!:banghead:

It is really puzzling to me how some judges determine how a man is deemed as a competent father. This is not the first case in Florida where the father was not fit to have a child in the home but ends up being declared by a judge to be competent as a father and is given children.........WTH?

So the court awarded custody of little girl to a sex offender, even though that sex offender is not related to the little girl? I don't care if he legally is the father, that appears to be nothing more than a technicality, since the child is not biologically his. Shouldn't these facts be considered by the court?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back