Rachel Uchitel Returns Hush Money to Tiger and Sues Gloria Allred Instead.

Emma Peel

an unexpected turn of events
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/18/rachel-returns-hush-money-to-tiger-threatens-gloria/

Rachel Uchitel, Tiger Woods' first publicly-revealed mistress, has returned most of the settlement money she received from Woods and is preparing to sue the attorney who brokered the settlement for her, TMZ reported Monday.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...oney-to-tiger-threatens-gloria/#ixzz1SVkCTUz6

:banghead: :banghead:

okay, first one to be able to make sense out of this for ole' Emma wins. :waitasec:

:floorlaugh:

It seems she violated the confidentiality agreement? Can someone tell me the difference between taking money from a guy you slept with to keep quiet and prostitution?

"Oh Lord. What a world." That's all I can think to say! Anything to keep one's name in the headlines, I guess.

It seems that Alred convinced her that she had violated the confidentiality agreement and advised her to return the money. Rachel then discovered that the deal (return of money - no lawsuit) that Alred negotiated did NOT include returning her (Alred's) cut.

Now Ms. Uchitel feels ALred did not represent her vigorously in regards to the alleged breaking of confidentiality agreement because Ms. Alred apparently had no dog in the fight.

That is my interpretation of it anyway.

It seems she violated the confidentiality agreement? Can someone tell me the difference between taking money from a guy you slept with to keep quiet and prostitution?

"Professionals" get paid up front.

It seems that Alred convinced her that she had violated the confidentiality agreement and advised her to return the money. Rachel then discovered that the deal (return of money - no lawsuit) that Alred negotiated did NOT include returning her (Alred's) cut.

Now Ms. Uchitel feels ALred did not represent her vigorously in regards to the alleged breaking of confidentiality agreement because Ms. Alred apparently had no dog in the fight.

That is my interpretation of it anyway.

That's my take on it too. She didn't mention Tiger by name, so unless the agreement was worded funny, she shouldn't have been able to violate the agreement without identifying him. Did she identify him in every way possible without giving his name?

Allred advised her that, even though she didn't identify him by name, she had to return the money to avoid being sued by Tiger Woods ... so she returned the money. Apparently Allred had a clause where she didn't have to return her cut of the money, so now she's being sued because she may not have been impartial with her advice.

I can see her point. If the award was 8 million dollars and there was an agreement between Allred and her that Allred would receive a percentage, then she would expect that the entire settlement amount should be returned - including what she paid her lawyer. To learn that there was a clause in the agreement such that the percentage she paid her lawyer would not have to be returned does somewhat create a situation where the lawyer and her client are no longer on the same page ... so to speak. It gives the impression that Tiger Woods paid Allred a cut of the settlement ... and that's not right.

:seeya:

And we have winners!!

Isn't this the kookiest? Who would get $10M+ in hush money only to blow it all to humiliate yourself as a "recovering love addict" on Dr. Drew's celebrity rehab?

And how did Ms. Allred let her client make such a dumb choice anyway?

pffffffffffffffffttttttttt

dumb dumb dumb for a "business person".

Even Baez takes better care of his money trains than Gloria does.

BTW - Dr. Drew, I hope you fixed that girl, cause rehab was really really really expensive! :eek:

oh snap!

if she returns the money, does that mean she can write the book? :doh:

:eek:

That and the made for tv movie and all the lovely things the hush money was intended to put a stop to ;)

Ha!! I think she did violate the agreement-- wasn't being treated for a "love/sex addiction" Tiger's thing? Yes it was, and by claiming that herself she was pointing directly at him. What a fool!!! :lol:

Good luck trying to get money back from Gloria, she may be a "celebrity" attorney, but she's tough and knows her stuff.

Well in the first she was paid to keep her mouth shut and in the second it would probably involve keeping her mouth open..:floorlaugh:

Oh she just needs

to

stop.

Lawdy

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads